Off Topic

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
iHeckler9
Chasseur
Tings: 1830

Re: Off Topic

Post by iHeckler9 »

Imco97 wrote:
Shrooblord wrote:
Bradandez wrote:Tell me, can a computer feel? :u
Can I? Am I even real? How can you tell?
What is life? Am I dreaming? AM I IN A DREAM!?
How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real

Also I think someone should post in either the Cheese topic or the Pizza topic cos they're both together right now on my topic list and you know the government will be hunting me down if I've got any cheese pizza. :mefiant:
Current Rank: Jumping Eye. "AH GOD I DROPPED MY CONTACT LENS AGAIN"
A recent survey shows that 1 in 4 people are mentally unstable.
Check your friends, if they say 'no', it must be you... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :fou: :mrgreen:
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Post by Shrooblord »

I mean, there's amazing clips that speak for themselves regarding each animation technique:

http://www.shortoftheweek.com/2014/07/2 ... yn-myller/

(Please forgive YouTube for not having the full-HD Blu-Ray variants of these clips online. :P )
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 5782

Post by saerleiya »

I liked 9 a lot. Most people told me it wasn't that great because the movie is shorter than movies created nowadays, or that they didn't really know where it was going.
But they neglected that msot of the universe was created completely from scratch : yes, post-apocalyptic world, but no humans, almost nothing about cities, and characters with very specific designs.

The library scene is very good to picture the overall ambiance of the movie: the little puppets learnt to use what's in their surroundings to their advantage, each time in an very innovative yet childish way.
Adsolution wrote:Of course that sort of thing is often a stylistic decision, such as the case with Wallace and Grommit where the whole idea is for them to look exactly like they do (it wouldn't be Wallace and Grommit without the stop-motion)
We agree on that point. This is the main policy of Aardman, actually. Even chicken was made to exploit a lot of the advantages of Stop-motion. That's why Aardman's movies are so great.
Adsolution wrote: I'm not hating on stop-motion, it just doesn't charm me that much except in a few select cases.
Say, the only ones which are more or less known by everybody. Ask people if they know other stop-motion movies than the ones created by Aardman. :P
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

saerleiya wrote:childish
Child-like. ;) Childish is quite a negative term to behave bratty behaviour. Child-like, what I assume you meant, is to behave with the innocence or curiosity of a child (or any other characteristic that remainds you of one I guess).
Ask people if they know other stop-motion movies than the ones created by Aardman. :P
Sure. Nightmare Before Christmas; Corpse Bride; Coraline; Fantastic Mr. Fox; ParaNorman and Frankenweenie. :P
Hm. A good deal of them were made by Burton or share a similar macabreness. Curious!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini

Post by saerleiya »

Shrooblord wrote:Child-like. ;) Childish is quite a negative term to behave bratty behaviour. Child-like, what I assume you meant, is to behave with the innocence or curiosity of a child (or any other characteristic that remainds you of one I guess).
Yeah, sorry, I meant that. You are really British, aren't you? Do not fake the Dutch!
Shrooblord wrote:Hm. A good deal of them were made by Burton or share a similar macabreness. Curious!
BURTON DOESN'T COUNT!
Adsolution wrote:
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

lol why the fuck not? If not, then only three of my six remain. :P
Imco
Aline Louïa
Tings: 123540

Post by Imco »

Wow, thanks for the reminder guys! I've been planning to watch 9 for a while now, but I still hadn't :P
Right now, I am watching 9 :D
Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur:
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

9 is near the top of my favourite films. Yay Blu-Ray but aww no BR player in the new house!
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

I liked 9 a lot, the artistry was absolutely breathtaking. My primary criticism of it is its pretty bad writing; I thought that the ending was one of the most unsatisfying, lazy and abrupt endings I'd witnessed in recent memory.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

I blame 9 for the obsession of said number. But I will state, I really love that movie.
Disionity
Reclu
Tings: 2700

Post by Disionity »

The Backwater Gospel has some of the best CGI animation I've seen, stylistically. A prime example of how to make your film visually stand out from the crowd.

saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini

Post by saerleiya »

Waow. Thsi one was creepy as hell. But it has its very own style. I liked it.
Adsolution wrote:
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

Yes! Backwater Gospel! I wanted to mention that one too, but couldn't put my finger on what it was called.

(Although I just looked into my YouTube Favourites and it's right there. What a dolt!)
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

You Know which short film I love? Vincent by Tim Burton, it's very charming and I love the "storytelling" It presents.
Shrooblord
Mr Stone

Post by Shrooblord »

You can wake me up for any work of Burton's. I adore his style and overall his stories stick vividly in my memory.
Imco
Aline Louïa
Tings: 123540

Post by Imco »

Shrooblord wrote:You can wake me up for any work of Burton's. I adore his style and overall his stories stick vividly in my memory.
Same here, Burton is amazing! :D
Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur:
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

I like most of his movies, but I can't deny that I do get a little annoyed at times with how you essentially get the same feel from all his films - quirky and dark with eyeliner for everyone. I thought he had a lot more variety back before the late 90s.

Frankenweenie annoyed me. The first third was great, emotional and quite down-to-earth, and then the climax just came out of nowhere (quick, we need a way to kill off the dog again, let's make zombies and monsters appear for no reason despite having no precedence because it's Halloween!". That's kind of a running theme with a lot of recent Tim Burton movies, 9 included. It's like he's lately just been coming up with ideas and maybe writing out the script for the signature scene of the movie, then handing it off to his animators to let them finish off the script.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Today I saved the day to a lady in the subway. I was doing my normal walk until when I finished to walk down stairs and I found a monthly pass card of the subway. It was slightly bent so I first thought it was thrown away for being already out of validation. To make sure it was the case, I picked it up and checked for its date. It was still inside the validation so I saved it in my pocket and entered in the subway train. After I arrive to my destination, I go to the ticket selling place and showed the card to the employee and telling her that I found it a short while ago and if I could let it delivered over there. Guess what: the employee turned her back and showed the card to the lady of the photo who was talking to a security because she lost her monthly pass and couldn't get out of the station. When she looked to the card she had such a face of relief and joy! The employee smiled and pointed to me explaining it was me who found it. The lady thanked me a lot.

I felt very happy to have helped someone. For once I felt useful! At the same time I was thinking that the lady was very luck:

1 - It was me who found it
2 - I went to that station where she lost the card in the same day and hour
3 - I went to the same destination station where she noticed that her card was missing

Maybe if it was happening to me I wouldn't have the same luck :oops2:...
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

Haruka wrote:Today I saved the day to a lady in the subway. I was doing my normal walk until when I finished to walk down stairs and I found a monthly pass card of the subway. It was slightly bent so I first thought it was thrown away for being already out of validation. To make sure it was the case, I picked it up and checked for its date. It was still inside the validation so I saved it in my pocket and entered in the subway train. After I arrive to my destination, I go to the ticket selling place and showed the card to the employee and telling her that I found it a short while ago and if I could let it delivered over there. Guess what: the employee turned her back and showed the card to the lady of the photo who was talking to a security because she lost her monthly pass and couldn't get out of the station. When she looked to the card she had such a face of relief and joy! The employee smiled and pointed to me explaining it was me who found it. The lady thanked me a lot.

I felt very happy to have helped someone. For once I felt useful! At the same time I was thinking that the lady was very luck:

1 - It was me who found it
2 - I went to that station where she lost the card in the same day and hour
3 - I went to the same destination station where she noticed that her card was missing

Maybe if it was happening to me I wouldn't have the same luck :oops2:...
Ah, that was really nice. I remember I found once pass card for bus randomly on street (we don't have here subway, only bus and trolleybus). I wanted to return it but it was expired. I dunno how things are in Portugal but here sadly many people would abuse lost pass card and use it for themselves. Good thing that a honest person like you found the pass card.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Snagglebee
Pti-lote
Tings: 2750

Post by Snagglebee »

Wow, I once found a bank card lying on the street (yes an EC BANK CARD!!). I took it and walked straight to the next police station where I gave it to one police officer there. Imagine what everything could have happened to the poor guy who lost his bank card if I didn't find it, but a bad guy.