All you need to know about Pirate-Community

For all things related to Pirate-Community and its websites.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Re: All you need to know about Pirate-Community

Post by incognito »

What ? I beg your pardon ? That's the only way to punctuate sentences, anything else should be considered as savagery ! I say.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

I looked it up and it would seem that in the past, the French convention was also used in English, but that usage drifted towards the current convention at the beginning of the XXth century.
Hunchman801 wrote:I should have known, the English have always loved doing the exact opposite of what everyone else does. :mrgreen:
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

I didn't know where else to put it but...

Is this normal?
Harpic fraîcheur
Lums
Tings: 30

Post by Harpic fraîcheur »

Lol, that's one of the default phpBB icons so no it shouldn't be normal.
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! :D
Image Image
Fifo
Joe
Tings: 78355

Post by Fifo »

Yeah I guess Humch forgot to change that one
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Ah, a redirect icon. Something one would not think of indeed! But I find it hard to believe that the icon wasn't created, perhaps it's just something that wasn't implemented in the site update?
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

I don't think we're meant to have shadow topics, if that's there, it's because a topic was moved with the shadow topic option enabled. Probably didn't see the need to make a shadow topic icon if it wasn't meant to be seen.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I'm pretty sure the redirect icon was properly implemented in the old style though. I'm sure I saw it once, back in the day.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Master wrote:I don't think we're meant to have shadow topics, if that's there, it's because a topic was moved with the shadow topic option enabled. Probably didn't see the need to make a shadow topic icon if it wasn't meant to be seen.
Yep, we don't use shadow topics. This one must have been created by mistake.
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

I believe I came across another. But they are in the minority.
pour
Matuvu
Tings: 205

Post by pour »

I would like to inform you of the outcome of the trial of incognito.
  • Not delivering his promises.
    One of the most serious charges. The proof was provided, and the departure of the forum (at least temporary) was ascertained.
    When he was interrogated, the accused reacted violently and through many vulgarities.

The sentence is the write-off of 50,000 tings.

Nevertheless, the accused provided evidence of goodwill, albeit late and of poor quality. It was the audio recording of the record day.
    However, he refused to provide the video recording.

The penalty is therefore halved, ie 25,000 tings.
  • Defamation towards the administrative side and lack of humor.
    These two charges are considered together, being closely related. The accused had an unacceptable behavior, although it was difficult to qualify it as a criminal offense.

The sentence is the extension of 2 years of the wearing of the avatar "Ratcognito", with a possible penalty reduction at the end of the first year.
  • Vandalism.
    Proof has been given of the (many) vandalized messages.
    Whatever the defense may say in its doubtful and insulting plea, making incomprehensible messages that have passed into posterity for a long time is not excusable.
    We want the sentence to be severe in order to discourage the accused and others from having this type of behavior.

The sentence the the write-off of 50,000 tings.
  • Tax evasion
    We respect the anonymity of any transaction, but tax evasion is a very reprehensible offense.
    We will nevertheless grant the benefit of the doubt to the accused and to the Queuleube.

1 ting will be wrote-off as an example on the account used for the transfer to the Queuleube, namely Harpic Fraîcheur.
The complete trial is available in the Supreme Court of the Rayman Pirate Community.

Very best regards,
Judge pour

OFFICIAL ACTING JUDGE OF THE RAYMAN PIRATE COMMUNITY SUPREME COURT.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Similar to the above discussion, I noticed that the standard phpBB logo exists in the page headers too. If the connection dies at a certain point in the loading of the site, the layout is borked and you see the logo in the top-left corner. Not a big deal, since interrupted connections are not something to be designed for, but it's strange to have it there all the same!
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I might have removed it using CSS only to avoid modifying files from the original phpBB source code. This way when those core files are modified I don't need to reapply my changes. :hap:
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Hmm, that sounds like bad design if it doesn't let you do something more rigorous than that. :mefiant:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

That's phpBB for you, we make do with what we have. :lol:
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

I wonder if a link to this thread could be useful.....

https://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24719
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Hi guys!

Tonight we've successfully upgraded all of the software used by the forum and wiki as well as moved to a brand new server, with a much more recent configuration! This took a bit of time and lot of work but it seems to have gone smoothly.

While the new version of the forum was well tested and should work just fine, we're pretty much discovering the new version of the wiki at the same time as you and we're well aware of the few cosmetic issues that have appeared following the update. They shouldn't prevent its use and we'll be sure to fix them in the next few days!

Please note that from now on, there will be no need to log in on the forum and wiki separately, as our new single sign-on system will automatically log you in to the wiki if you're authenticated on the forum. We've also extended SSL usage to all of our subdomains, and that's probably about it for noticeable feature changes! While there are major differences under the hood between this version and the previous one, the goal is that it shouldn't be too different from the one you're used to. ;)

Of course, if you notice anything strange please let me know and I'll get to it ASAP. :winkgrin:
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

It looks good, nice work :up:

It gave me a phpBB error a few minutes ago when I hit the submit button and then when I went back, it turns out my post had still been submitted. Here's what it gave me just in case it matters.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php on line 506: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 1836: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3268)
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Thanks! It actually happened to me as I was about to post the above announcement and I had to fix it on the fly. :lol:
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

In that case, that's nice speedy work Hunch. I wish my postal service was that fast :mrgreen:
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687