When did you first visit RPC?

For all things related to Pirate-Community and its websites.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

When did you first visit RPC?

Post by RibShark »

I myself first visited the site about 3 or 4 years ago, after doing a Google search to try and get Rayman 2 to work on my 64-bit computer. At the time everyone was saying it was impossible due to the copy protection, but it seems that emshomar managed to get around that. I never visited the site again until much later, but after that I realised that this was a very good place to be, and joined.

So, when did you first visit RPC, and what convinced you to join?
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Re: When did you first visit RPC?

Post by Master »

I think I saw it first many years ago, around the first time I had regular access to the internet at home, I believe I stumbled onto it from the old RaymanZone forums that I used to ghost about. During that time, RPC had the Solaris theme, so I'm guessing it was either 2005 or 2006.

I started to Ghost RPC about 2009/2010, and finally joined in 2011.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

I've run into the site now and then since 2007 or so, though I rarely used it for much more than the Wiki, and pretty much never browsed the forum until I actually joined it. For a while I thought it was a site dedicated to Rayman games on PC, and I always thought that that was a strange idea for a forum. And then I oh'd.
Matyuv
Gangsta Globox
Tings: 54431

Post by Matyuv »

I joined in 2004, I think back then I was registering on pretty much every fan-made Rayman forum. All but one of them died shortly thereafter.
MandM81 wrote:YYYYYYYRRRHLHLPYYYYYYPDPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYRRRRRR
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

I started browsing with my horrible internet connection in 2008 (mostly Wiki) and I enjoyed reading about games and characters there. Like Ad, I thought it had to do with Rayman being on Personal Computer. Like RibShark, I did see some topics about Rayman 2 working on 64bit PC's later too, and I thought design of site is awesome.
I didn't join because my internet was bad, and when I got good internet in 2011, I kinda forgot about the website and was trying out YouTube and stuff. In 2013, I joined because I noticed links for Rayman Revolution Japanese are down and I wanted to ask for reupload, and this site was recommended to me. Rest what happened is pretty much known already.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Snagglebee
Pti-lote
Tings: 2750

Post by Snagglebee »

I first visited RPC in 2008, but I am not entirely shure. Back then I just beated Rayman 3 and found the credits song so amazing that I tryed to find a mp3 of it and found my way to RayTunes (I prefer the old design of RayTunes :? ). Years passed and I already forgot this site, until I tryed to find the french and english files for Rayman 60 Levels (which is also called Rayman Forever in German territories) and found my way again to RPC. That was exactly one year ago. I was still constructing a new patch for Rayman 1, and meanwhile I thought, that torrents won't make it popular but I had no idea where else I should distribute it when I get it ready, so this idea came in my mind: "Why don't you register to that forum you saw some days ago?" so I registered here in the beginning of January, but waited before doing any posts until everything is clear that the patch makes some progress. Some days later, I made my first post and at the same time the anouncement of my Mega Patch.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

I first visited RPC in 2008, which was when Clara showed me it and suggested me to join the community since I enjoyed the franchise. That's what I did.
Serza5
Mr Dark
Tings: 486315

Post by Serza5 »

2008 (like everyone else bluh), old time member Shawn told me on RaymanZone to come here (Most likely because it was Record Day that day, which I didn't realize it was until the next day when I saw the results thread) so like the major noob that I was I joined here. I've stuck around since even if I haven't been too active these last couple of years.
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

I first visited PC right after creating it in 2003. :mrgreen:
MLII
Carmen
Tings: 43075

Post by MLII »

Jan 2009. ouo it's been about 5 years jfc
Dart
Clark
Tings: 49845

Post by Dart »

I started coming by when I was browsing through raywiki back in '09. I first created the account to put about Rayman Origins stuff inside the wiki early 2013, but was very scared of the forums, don't know why. After life forced me away from the computer for who knows how long I returned in late July 2013 and have been a regular here since!
DesLife
Froutch
Tings: 186263

Post by DesLife »

First visited PC in late 2003 or early 2004, 10 years ago. Some people here were still babes back then !
Xenon
Pirate Lunette
Tings: 98896

Post by Xenon »

A month or so before my join date.

RPC was so different back then (why are we using RPC - this is PIRATE COMMUNITY :P ) - it was a fairly small, fan-made forum, with some catchy features (no offence Hunch) and a cool ranklist made of Tings.

I joined with excitement as a special RPG was promised by none other than Hunchman himself, but was never delivered.

Good thing I stayed, though!
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Well we were already the biggest fan community by far I believe, though I'll agree we've come a long way!
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Either RaymanZone was never big, or RaymanPC was founded and became the largest community in less than a year. How did you manage? Timing? :o
technology4617
Antitoon
Tings: 10

Post by technology4617 »

DesLife wrote:Some people here were still babes back then !
Hi. :)

April 23, 2013.
emshomar wrote:< just managed it to clog the toilet ._.
< made a great buisness (wow in english that sounds even better :D )
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Ah yeah. Luckily, I just missed the babes quotient by being in the fourth grade.
technology4617
Antitoon

Post by technology4617 »

Adsolution wrote:Ah yeah. Luckily, I just missed the babes quotient by being in the fourth grade.
I was fuckin' four. :P
Dart
Clark
Tings: 49845

Post by Dart »

meh, I was 6/7, just on the border it seems, coincidentally this was also the year I learned about Rayman, time sure flys!
technology4617
Antitoon

Post by technology4617 »

I actually didn't learn about Rayman until I was 12, when my cousin sent me a copy of Rayman Origins, I looked up "Rayman" on PSN, found Rayman 1, and now I'm here.