Please introduce yourself here

Pirate-Community Members' Forum.

Moderator: English moderators

rolesfamily
Magicien
Posts: 10232
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:43 pm
Tings: 74925

Re: Please introduce yourself here

Post by rolesfamily »

ZeptoRay wrote:Ahah, nah, don't worry about stuff in the past that happened years ago, no one is going to hate you for it, specially not if its when you were like 10, because everyone ( I'm guessing ) does something really stupid around that age.
Haha thanks :) - Although once you have a bad reputation, it tends to stick regardless of things changing :P - But hey this place seems super friendly, so I'm pretty confident it won't be a problem! - (Fingers crossed :lol:). Yeah I don't think 10yrs old is the best age to start judging someone! - Wait untill they're at least 11... sheesh! ;) :P
Image
Signature made by Harpic fraîcheur

Hoodcom
Bad Rayman
Posts: 37348
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:32 pm
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Contact:
Tings: 493940

Re: Please introduce yourself here

Post by Hoodcom »

rolesfamily wrote:Hey RPC, it's rolesfamily. I have been briefly posting on this forum under a different username; this was because I didn't feel comfortable using the name 'rolesfamily'....

... So why am I back on a Rayman forum? and why am I using the username 'rolesfamily' if it has so many negative connotations? - Well I searched 'rolesfamily' on this forum and I read through all the related posts. - Surprisingly, they weren't all as negative as I had thought. Two members in particular wrote relatively nice things about me (Xenon & Hoodcom). After reading those posts I actually felt confident that I could join this Rayman community without being massively hated....

Hi.

...(again)

Well hello there! I knew I recognize your username! Man it's been a long time!

How have you been these years? :)


Welcome to RaymanPC, too. :wink:

Zikken
Aglagl
Posts: 3885
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:01 am
Contact:
Tings: 45345

Re: Please introduce yourself here

Post by Zikken »

rolesfamily wrote:
Haha thanks :) - Although once you have a bad reputation, it tends to stick regardless of things changing :P - But hey this place seems super friendly, so I'm pretty confident it won't be a problem! - (Fingers crossed :lol:). Yeah I don't think 10yrs old is the best age to start judging someone! - Wait untill they're at least 11... sheesh! ;) :P
PC is probably the most friendly website I have ever seen honestly.

rolesfamily
Magicien
Posts: 10232
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:43 pm
Tings: 74925

Re: Please introduce yourself here

Post by rolesfamily »

Hoodcom wrote:
rolesfamily wrote:Hey RPC, it's rolesfamily. I have been briefly posting on this forum under a different username; this was because I didn't feel comfortable using the name 'rolesfamily'....

... So why am I back on a Rayman forum? and why am I using the username 'rolesfamily' if it has so many negative connotations? - Well I searched 'rolesfamily' on this forum and I read through all the related posts. - Surprisingly, they weren't all as negative as I had thought. Two members in particular wrote relatively nice things about me (Xenon & Hoodcom). After reading those posts I actually felt confident that I could join this Rayman community without being massively hated....

Hi.

...(again)

Well hello there! I knew I recognize your username! Man it's been a long time!

How have you been these years? :)


Welcome to RaymanPC, too. :wink:
Hey Hoodcom! I identified you as one of the people who wrote nice things about that mega noob 'rolesfamily'! Haha, it sure has been a long time! Were you called Hoodcom on RZ as well, or did you have another username? - I've been alright thanks man, a lot of things have changed as you'd expect, how about you, things been alright? :)
ZeptoRay wrote:
rolesfamily wrote:
Haha thanks :) - Although once you have a bad reputation, it tends to stick regardless of things changing :P - But hey this place seems super friendly, so I'm pretty confident it won't be a problem! - (Fingers crossed :lol:). Yeah I don't think 10yrs old is the best age to start judging someone! - Wait untill they're at least 11... sheesh! ;) :P
PC is probably the most friendly website I have ever seen honestly.
Perfect! - That means you guys can tolerate me right? ;)
Image
Signature made by Harpic fraîcheur

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49982
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 404000

Re: Please introduce yourself here

Post by Master »

Ah, well then, ZAR, it appears I'll have to get used to calling you Roles, if you're ok with the nickname.

Either ways, you've been away from the game for almost a decade, to say that things have probably changed would be to state the obvious, I'm sure your spirit and personality will be as distinct, and wonderful to be with, bygone eras are bygone, the road ahead is what we must gaze upon, no?

Either ways, welcome back once again, again!
Image

rolesfamily
Magicien
Posts: 10232
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:43 pm
Tings: 74925

Re: Please introduce yourself here

Post by rolesfamily »

Master wrote:Ah, well then, ZAR, it appears I'll have to get used to calling you Roles, if you're ok with the nickname.

Either ways, you've been away from the game for almost a decade, to say that things have probably changed would be to state the obvious, I'm sure your spirit and personality will be as distinct, and wonderful to be with, bygone eras are bygone, the road ahead is what we must gaze upon, no?

Either ways, welcome back once again, again!
Well it's a good job I wasn't around long as 'ZAR' otherwise this would be a lot harder! - And yeah 'roles' works fine or 'that noob from RZ' - either one means the same thing right? haha :lol: ;)

Thanks for the welcome back!
Image
Signature made by Harpic fraîcheur

Hoodcom
Bad Rayman
Posts: 37348
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:32 pm
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Contact:
Tings: 493940

Re: Please introduce yourself here

Post by Hoodcom »

rolesfamily wrote:
Hey Hoodcom! I identified you as one of the people who wrote nice things about that mega noob 'rolesfamily'! Haha, it sure has been a long time! Were you called Hoodcom on RZ as well, or did you have another username? - I've been alright thanks man, a lot of things have changed as you'd expect, how about you, things been alright? :)

Perfect! - That means you guys can tolerate me right? ;)
At RZ my username was "CTW". Was the same here at first but Hunchman had changed it for me quite a long time ago. Though I never have thought of you as a mega noob. :wink:

Things have been pretty good, yeah!


Have you played Rayman Legends or anything new of the series?

rolesfamily
Magicien
Posts: 10232
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:43 pm
Tings: 74925

Re: Please introduce yourself here

Post by rolesfamily »

Hoodcom wrote:
rolesfamily wrote:
Hey Hoodcom! I identified you as one of the people who wrote nice things about that mega noob 'rolesfamily'! Haha, it sure has been a long time! Were you called Hoodcom on RZ as well, or did you have another username? - I've been alright thanks man, a lot of things have changed as you'd expect, how about you, things been alright? :)

Perfect! - That means you guys can tolerate me right? ;)
At RZ my username was "CTW". Was the same here at first but Hunchman had changed it for me quite a long time ago. Though I never have thought of you as a mega noob. :wink:

Things have been pretty good, yeah!


Have you played Rayman Legends or anything new of the series?
Are you going to be mad if I say I don't remember a 'CTW' at RZ? Yikes I feel bad...since you remember me >.<

- Oh you never thought of me as a mega noob? What, did you think of me as a MONUMENTAL noob? ;) hahaha :lol:

Good to hear things have been good! - We should catch up on PM's and become nostalgic as hell!

- and no sadly I haven't played any of the new Rayman games, I'm guessing Rayman Origins is pretty good?
Image
Signature made by Harpic fraîcheur

Hoodcom
Bad Rayman
Posts: 37348
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:32 pm
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Contact:
Tings: 493940

Re: Please introduce yourself here

Post by Hoodcom »

rolesfamily wrote:
Are you going to be mad if I say I don't remember a 'CTW' at RZ? Yikes I feel bad...since you remember me >.<

- Oh you never thought of me as a mega noob? What, did you think of me as a MONUMENTAL noob? ;) hahaha :lol:

Good to hear things have been good! - We should catch up on PM's and become nostalgic as hell!

- and no sadly I haven't played any of the new Rayman games, I'm guessing Rayman Origins is pretty good?
No, nothing to get mad over. I've forgotten things and or people from many years back. :lol:

Yeah, certainly!

I think Origins and Legends are pretty good, but I am still a fan of the older games. :)

rolesfamily
Magicien
Posts: 10232
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:43 pm
Tings: 74925

Re: Please introduce yourself here

Post by rolesfamily »

Hoodcom wrote:
rolesfamily wrote:
Are you going to be mad if I say I don't remember a 'CTW' at RZ? Yikes I feel bad...since you remember me >.<

- Oh you never thought of me as a mega noob? What, did you think of me as a MONUMENTAL noob? ;) hahaha :lol:

Good to hear things have been good! - We should catch up on PM's and become nostalgic as hell!

- and no sadly I haven't played any of the new Rayman games, I'm guessing Rayman Origins is pretty good?
No, nothing to get mad over. I've forgotten things and or people from many years back. :lol:

Yeah, certainly!

I think Origins and Legends are pretty good, but I am still a fan of the older games. :)
From what I've seen of this place I'd say there's quite a good few original RZ members hangin' around - which is nice to see! They're gonna freak when they see that I'm around! haha

I remember I played a demo of one of the newer Rayman games round a friends house. It had a Rayman 1 sort of style & feel to it. - It was probably Rayman Origins.

If I eventually get a newer console I'd probably get one of the newer games, especially if you guys are into them. - But as you said, the older games will always reign superior just from a nostalgic POV :p - I just finished playing through Rayman 3 a few days ago, and it's still one of my favourite games of all time! And it's still fun to play through!
Image
Signature made by Harpic fraîcheur

Zikken
Aglagl
Posts: 3885
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:01 am
Contact:
Tings: 45345

Re: Please introduce yourself here

Post by Zikken »

rolesfamily wrote:
Perfect! - That means you guys can tolerate me right? ;)
Indeed, I don't see why we wouldn't! :D

I used to be on RZ but I never went on the forums, and I got no idea what was my username either, I was way too young to remember now. :|

rolesfamily
Magicien
Posts: 10232
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:43 pm
Tings: 74925

Re: Please introduce yourself here

Post by rolesfamily »

ZeptoRay wrote:
rolesfamily wrote:
Perfect! - That means you guys can tolerate me right? ;)
Indeed, I don't see why we wouldn't! :D

I used to be on RZ but I never went on the forums, and I got no idea what was my username either, I was way too young to remember now. :|
Hahah well I'm defiantly not going to remember you from RZ then! You missed out on a lot of awesomeness back then, - oh well you're making up for it now!
Image
Signature made by Harpic fraîcheur

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49982
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 404000

Re: Please introduce yourself here

Post by Master »

Hm, I'm going to sound very nit-picky, but I'm curious why "defiantly" so very often is used when the word is "definitely."
Image

rolesfamily
Magicien
Posts: 10232
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:43 pm
Tings: 74925

Re: Please introduce yourself here

Post by rolesfamily »

Master wrote:Hm, I'm going to sound very nit-picky, but I'm curious why "defiantly" so very often is used when the word is "definitely."
Ahahaha, you can take the rolesfamily out of the RZ, but you can't take the rolesfamily out of the rolesfamily. Did that make any sense? :lol: Yeah good point 'defiantly' is being defiant right? I DEFY YOU! - It should be definitely, my bad! Sorry!
Image
Signature made by Harpic fraîcheur

abhinav
Henchman 1000
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 10:52 am
Location: India
Contact:
Tings: 8067

Re: Please introduce yourself here

Post by abhinav »

Hey, welcome Rolesfamily! :D

My old RZ username is the same as my current one on PC. ;)
Image
Current gaming platforms: PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PSP, DS, GBA and PC

rolesfamily
Magicien
Posts: 10232
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:43 pm
Tings: 74925

Re: Please introduce yourself here

Post by rolesfamily »

abhinav wrote:Hey, welcome Rolesfamily! :D

My old RZ username is the same as my current one on PC. ;)
Thanks! :D

At least you've kept your username the same! Too bad I don't remember it though, sorry :p - Do you remember me by any chance? :o
Image
Signature made by Harpic fraîcheur

Bradandez
Globox
Posts: 18589
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:50 am
Tings: 137530

Re: Please introduce yourself here

Post by Bradandez »

Hello Rolesfamily! Welcome to the forums!

rolesfamily
Magicien
Posts: 10232
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:43 pm
Tings: 74925

Re: Please introduce yourself here

Post by rolesfamily »

Bradandez wrote:Hello Rolesfamily! Welcome to the forums!
Thanks ;D
Image
Signature made by Harpic fraîcheur

tidus457
Électoon
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:20 am
Tings: 0

Re: Please introduce yourself here

Post by tidus457 »

Hello!

My name is Vincent, as you guessed i am new here and I am a huge Playstation era platformer fan (rayman/crash bandicoot/croc mostly).

I am from France, living in a small town near switzlerland border on the leman sea. As I have been playing game since the age of 3, I ended up being a video game developer ^^

I have just grabbed rayman 1 PC on gog and a PS3 controller to remember the good old days :D.
Image

Snagglebee
Premier Grand Mini
Posts: 11781
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:22 pm
Location: Yes
Tings: 2700

Re: Please introduce yourself here

Post by Snagglebee »

tidus457 wrote:I ended up being a video game developer ^^
And you grabbed our attention. For what company do you work? Will you join us and found a team to develop the Rayman 1 HD remake? Are you well experienced in programming?
Image

Post Reply