Please introduce yourself here

Pirate-Community Members' Forum.

Moderator: English moderators

Elite Piranha
Jano
Tings: 2438

Re: Please introduce yourself here

Post by Elite Piranha » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:34 am

Thanks Steo, Aaron, PluMGMK and The Jonster for the welcome! It is really appreciated :).

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 552275

Post by Hunchman801 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:57 pm

Welcome, Elite Piranha! Hope you'll enjoy yourself here, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you need help with anything. 8)

Elite Piranha
Jano
Tings: 2438

Post by Elite Piranha » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:23 pm

Hunchman801 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:57 pm
Welcome, Elite Piranha! Hope you'll enjoy yourself here, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you need help with anything. 8)
I will, thanks for the welcome! :)

TommyOliverMorgan
Bébé Globox
Tings: 40

Post by TommyOliverMorgan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:07 am

Greetings. I am somewhat new here and I just so happen to start playing "The Original Rayman" series. You know, the first Rayman game that spawned lots of ports, side game and level sets with it's glory.

If you're looking for a Console Rayman, then Jaguar is the very first Cartridge Rayman, PlayStation 1 is the most well known, Sega Saturn is (in my eyes) the definitive Console Rayman thanks to the additional details added in (Like coloring Moskito differently from Bzzt) and the MS-DOS version is the one with loads and loads of levels, through regular and educational expansion packs. (Sadly I can't make any new levels for it since Norton treats the level editor like a trojan.)

If I may, I would like to point Snagglebee to Archive.Org for him to snag Amazing Learning Games with Rayman and French with Rayman. All the Educational Rayman Platformers so that there's complete compatibility alongside the addition of a "Region Select" for those games. (I prefer the American Magician voice acting but that's me.)

I like to put in a head cannon that outside the camera's 2d dimensions are the cast of the later Rayman games (Like the Teensies Globox and Ly) who prepares the Action Stages for Rayman to challenge. Ezio from Assassin's Creed is a director of sorts as he have a collection of enemy characters that he imprisoned, willing to format them into enemy characters for Rayman to punch through a converter kit. Ezio treats Rayman's series as Serious Business.

I have been playing Rayman 3 and I view it as good as Rayman 2, but with mechanics that make sense (Like being able to punch unlike in The Great Escape.) But I have purchased Rayman Origins. I just haven't gotten around to playing much of it.

But regardless, I hope I can strive for excellence. I promise to abide by the rules, to be fair and to treat everybody as if they were me. I vow to be excellent to everyone and do what I can to be a great Raymaniac.
Last edited by TommyOliverMorgan on Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steo
Globox Origins
Tings: 180068

Post by Steo » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:17 am

Welcome to RPC. :D

Regarding Rayman 1, the PS1 version is definitely the most popular, and it also has the biggest soundtrack, but I also own the Saturn version and I know what you mean. There are some graphical enhancements, such as Rayman crawling at an angle and the windows shattering after you defeat Mr. Dark etc.

Rayman 2, I really like. It's a game I'll never get bored of. Rayman 3 is also amazing, and it's very replayable due to the scoring element.

As for the UbiArt games, Rayman Origins is what got me back into Rayman when I played it a while back. I love the art style in the games and the gameplay itself.

Every Rayman game is kind of unique basically, they all give you a different reason to play them.
How much Ray may a Rayman man if a Rayman may Man Ray?
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 86068 | HH: 95088 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 791122

TommyOliverMorgan
Bébé Globox

Post by TommyOliverMorgan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:30 am

Why thank you Steo. I have pmed Snagglebee with the Archive.Org locations of the Educational Rayman Games. I really like Rayman Plus though I kind of wish that Game Pads can allow the Hat Switches (Pad) to be used instead of the Analog Stick. (Though I used to play Video Games on N64 through Control Stick since most games used the Control Stick. No, I didn't own Rayman 2 on N64 back in my youth, and at a Kroger's back in the 90's, I was infatuated with the Rayman game on PlayStation.)

Anyways, I will see to it that I'll try and master "The Original Rayman Series." Thank you for the greetings and tell Snagglebee that Rayman Plus is the greatest Rayman kit.

Steo
Globox Origins
Tings: 180068

Post by Steo » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:46 am

That's not a bad idea. I have no problem playing UbiArt games with an analog stick, but Rayman 1 just feels so awkward using one.
How much Ray may a Rayman man if a Rayman may Man Ray?
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 86068 | HH: 95088 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 791122

Aaron
Froutch
Tings: 62353

Post by Aaron » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:44 am

Welcome to PC TommyOliver! Enjoy your time here! :)

TommyOliverMorgan
Bébé Globox

Post by TommyOliverMorgan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:29 am

Thank you Aaron. By the way to anyone reading this, should "Raymaniacs" be what I call the players of the Rayman Series across nations? I'm not picky even if you prefer only Console/PC or Mobile. I see you all as a community of Raymaniacs, striving to heighten the series of platformers.