Rayman Origins contest sponsored by Ubisoft

Pirate-Community Members' Forum.

Moderator: English moderators

Rulez
Robot
Tings: 2285

Re: Rayman Origins contest sponsored by Ubisoft

Post by Rulez »

Hunchman801 wrote:Just to make things clear, there is absolutely no joke with the list, and Canard is one of the winners. The numbers in the first post were only estimates, as indicated by the tildes (~).
He is? Wow, that's... surprising :o

ikke471
Antitoon
Location: Who knows? Did you check your closet? I would If I were you...
Tings: 0

Post by ikke471 »

Rulez wrote:
Hunchman801 wrote:Just to make things clear, there is absolutely no joke with the list, and Canard is one of the winners. The numbers in the first post were only estimates, as indicated by the tildes (~).
He is? Wow, that's... surprising :o
WTF so there are 6 2nd places!!!!!

Bloodgrey
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1165

Post by Bloodgrey »

Drolpiraat wrote:
ikke471 wrote:One question: was canard wc's entry origional enough to win? O.0
I dunno but it deserves to win if you ask me. It's so funny that I laughed for like 5 minutes and I still can't get that smile off my face. Che Guevara teensie FTW! :P
Althought the nature of contests imply the fact that those who didn't win are usualy disagree with the results, quite simply because of their loss, and that's a natural thing, and sure it shouldnt be taken seriously. But here I have to agree with ikke, communist Globox is a bit too much. I can't see the fun in it.

I quite disagree with some of the wins I have to admit, but it was nice to be a part of it, and there are quite a lot great pieces of art were made, I'm sad for some not getting anything, like Cairnie or Clara Knight or Kristaldoodle, or Spanex (deffiniatelly) or Trical, I like those ones.
Last edited by Bloodgrey on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Illegal
Ptizêtre Femme
Tings: 1935

Post by Illegal »

Hooray! I won a basket. :shock: And I congrats everybody!All entries are very good! :mryellow:

Ps: I like so much Clara's entry and it is very strange that she is not in the list of winners. :boon:

Gagaman
Robot Gorille
Tings: 805

Post by Gagaman »

Holy moly! I was not expecting that! I'm speechless. :shock:
Wish there were more spaces for winners and runners up because there are so many spectacular entries! So much talent!
Thank you so much! I really don't know what to say. Blimey.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Post by Adsolution »

I love Wiiola's and Droolie's!

I honestly don't agree with some of the winners put up there. I'm not calling any names, but I think there were some much more better-looking and original concepts created that didn't make it (I'm not speaking for myself).

Nonetheless, congratulations to the winners!

Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex »

Obviously I'm a little bit disappointed in my loss, but then I can't help to think that I've had fun doing my entry and that's all that matters. I'm very happy about those lucky few who won the games. Lastly, my participation was not for nothing as there might be a consolation prize!

Still it's a little odd that there are 6 runner ups while 5 were announced. An error, or just lucky? :confus:

Congrats Gagaman and Raygirl, have fun on that expo or you'll REGRET IT :pascontent:

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 557262

Post by Hunchman801 »

ikke471 wrote:WTF so there are 6 2nd places!!!!!
Spanex wrote:Still it's a little odd that there are 6 runner ups while 5 were announced. An error, or just lucky? :confus:
:arrow:
Hunchman801 wrote:The numbers in the first post were only estimates, as indicated by the tildes (~).

Arz
Mouru
Location: Somewhere in the Mushroom Ki... Wait, what do you mean "Wrong serie"?
Tings: 825

Post by Arz »

HOLY COWS... o___o I think it's a good thing I didn't participate after all XD I'm FAR from the level of those entries. :U
I aldready knew some (*Cought* Haruka's) the others are incredibly well done. ^^ (Mainly Louvis's (I'd never have the patience to put so many characters so well detailed on the same drawing XD)) ^^ Almost all the winners deserve their price!

Arz
Mouru
Location: Somewhere in the Mushroom Ki... Wait, what do you mean "Wrong serie"?
Tings: 825

Post by Arz »

HOLY COWS... o___o I think it's a good thing I didn't participate after all XD I'm FAR from the level of those entries. :U
I aldready knew some (*Cought* Haruka's) the others are incredibly well done. ^^ (Mainly Louvis's (I'd never have the patience to put so many characters so well detailed on the same drawing XD)) ^^ Almost all the winners deserve their price!

Edit --> Oh crap, posted it twice >:U
BTW, Clara's would also have deserved a price I think. :roll:
Last edited by Arz on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex »

Hunchman801 wrote:
ikke471 wrote:WTF so there are 6 2nd places!!!!!
Spanex wrote:Still it's a little odd that there are 6 runner ups while 5 were announced. An error, or just lucky? :confus:
:arrow:
Hunchman801 wrote:The numbers in the first post were only estimates, as indicated by the tildes (~).
Ahh sorry, I didn't really understand what you were saying by that.

El Dango
Clark
Tings: 105675

Post by El Dango »

Wow, many of these are pretty amazing.
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))

Rulez
Robot

Post by Rulez »

So will there be consolation prizes?
Plx I want a shirt :lol:

ikke471
Antitoon
Location: Who knows? Did you check your closet? I would If I were you...

Post by ikke471 »

Rulez wrote:So will there be consolation prizes?
Lol you wanna choose XD
i would like the stickers

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Oh... my... GOD! I won the Gift Basket :shock: ?! Gosh, I can't believe it! I'm super happy now! :lol:

To be honest I was expecting Raygirl and Gagaman to win the trip, and I guess I didn't mistake. :D Congratulations to the winners and everyone that participated!

I was also very curious to know the works of everybody so I'm going to comment the works here (if the artists do not mind ;)):

Bloodgrey: I like the cartoon style you have done here. I love the Darktoon. :D

Stacey: I was expecting you to be a possible candidate for the trip to be honest. What can I say about your drawing is that looks fantastic, you know I love how you handle the watercolours aswell your drawing style. :D Ly is my favourite thing in your drawing.

Canard WC: Team Communist? :lol:

Clara Knight: It is very clear that this picture gave a lot of work to do, I absolutely love the sky background and the humour touch given to the Teensies. :D It is one of my favourite works here.

darko536: I thought you have drawn something but the image editing is nice. ;)

Drolpiraat: Last year, I found out a passion by the Classical Period when I started to study History of Culture and Arts, and I simply LOVE how you "illustrated" the hydria :lol:. Your drawing is for me one of the most original pieces out here. :D

Gagaman: I have no idea how you did the background but it looks fantastic. I also love your drawing style putted in this drawing. :D

Hoodie74: 1 - I like the image editing done here, with a mixture of reality and sprites. :) ; 2 - RAYMAN COOKIE AND GLOBOX COOKIE! :mryellow:

iHeckler9: Your work kinda reminds me Yoshi's Story, partially but I must say the materials you used are an original idea. :D

ikke471: I like your drawings but my favourite is the second one. :D

Illegal: You already know my opinion for the first drawing :D. Your other 3 works are fantastic, but I love the second one (One of my favourites around here). You should put all of this in dA. :D

jullien2900: I like the Henchman you've drawn here. :D

Kristaldoodle: Both the 3 characters look great here. :D

Louvis: The quantity of detail putted in here is quite impressive :D! One of my favourite works around here.

MasterHero: A yummy and original way to do this work. ;) May I eat one? :mryellow:

MLII: Rayman does not work alone anymore. :mryellow:

Peco: The picture also seems to have taken a while to do, I like the background and the stylization you have done to the Psychlops :D. The paper craft gives a feeling of Paper Mario too. :D

RayFan9876: You already know I really like your 3D pictures :D. And I didn't know Mr. Dark liked food competitions. :lol: :D Looks great!

Raygirl: IT IS A PLUM REVOLUTION! No really, this looks great! :D

RefluxtheKnaaren64: My favourite thing here is Reflux. :D

Rulez: Wow, that's many entries but the last work is my favourite. :D

Serza5: Even the manual is part of the team now? :mryellow:

Shrooblord: I like the way you drew this, I love how the Henchmen 800 look here. :D

Sonic150: I like how the evil team looks in here. :)

Spanex: Girl, put this in deviantART: it needs more Mutant Reflux drawings! It looks fantastic :D, it is also one of my favourite works here.

Tricai: You should also put this in dA, all the characters look very cute, especially Rayman! :D

Wiiola: I've seen your first work when it was WIP but I must say I like the Jade cameo and the shading looks great. :D And what the mosquito asks in the second drawing is also something that I thought, especially the one that carries Globox in the E3 demo.

...Phew, done. :confus: :oops2: Sorry for my long post and I hope I didn't annoy anybody. I admit I'm surprised that some entries here didn't won, because I also believe they deserved it.

Once again, I congratulate the winners and to everyone who participated. :D

Gagaman
Robot Gorille
Tings: 805

Post by Gagaman »

Louvis' entry made my jaw drop, did I mention that? Is there any Rayman characters not on that picture? :o

Rulez
Robot

Post by Rulez »

ikke471 wrote:
Rulez wrote:So will there be consolation prizes?
Lol you wanna choose XD
i would like the stickers
Haha, actually I was entering only for a shirt :fou2:

Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex »

Haruka wrote:Spanex: Girl, put this in deviantART: it needs more Mutant Reflux drawings! It looks fantastic , it is also one of my favourite works here.
Way before you, girl! And congratulations on your win!

iHeckler9
Fantasnip
Tings: 1145

Post by iHeckler9 »

Oy gevalt. I didn't stand a chance! Well done everyone, but I thoguht the winners were to be announced on the 14th?
Current Rank: Jumping Eye. "AH GOD I DROPPED MY CONTACT LENS AGAIN"
A recent survey shows that 1 in 4 people are mentally unstable.
Check your friends, if they say 'no', it must be you... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :fou: :mrgreen:

Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex »

iHeckler9 wrote:Oy gevalt. I didn't stand a chance! Well done everyone, but I thoguht the winners were to be announced on the 14th?
Today IS the 14th! XD