Post your First Post!

For all things related to Pirate-Community and its websites.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Electoon
Barbara
Tings: 11900

Post your First Post!

Post by Electoon »

I've tried this out on other forums in the past, and the result is quite interesting - particularly as first posts frequently come out noobish, often unintentionally :mrgreen:. (*is hoping this isn't one of those annoying forums that starts wiping out older posts from the 'view my posts' screen after 1000 posts or something, but doubts it*)

Now for the uninteresting bit, my first post! Considering I joined around this time last year (27th of December to be precise), there shouldn't be too much of a difference in posting style (I hope). Also, I'm most of the regulars on here would probably remember this ;)
Electoon wrote:Hi, I'm new here, and an avid fan of Rayman 1 and it's spin-offs (Rayman Gold and Rayman Maths and English/Junior) since I was five years old....only I haven't actually won it yet :oops:. Yes I know, don't laugh :P. Not too keen on the later Rayman games though (That is Rayman 2 onwards) - sorry about that. You may have (probably not) heard of me under the other names of 'Cuddlesnowy' and 'bekyjewell' on various websites... yes it was me that made that silly Rayman Origins animation on Youtube :mrgreen:. My interests include generally being creative in the forms of writing, drawing and animating. I hope I can bring something to the forums.

Still no idea how I was able to get away with the username 'Electoon'....
And yes, I still have no idea how I was able to get away with the username 'Electoon' :mrgreen:

Now it's your turn!
THEdragon
Clark
Tings: 47510

Re: Post your First Post!

Post by THEdragon »

In 'You know you are too good at Rayman when...'
THEdragon wrote:When you defeat nine antitoons with one punch!
When you finished the boss battle with Mr Dark before the first loop of the background music ended...
When you manipulate physics with your mind to get Tarayzan's clothes down from the tree. :fou:
Yeah... Wow. XD
:fou:
When you defeat nine antitoons with one punch!
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

RayFan9876 wrote:
spiraldoor wrote:Here:

That's ugly compared to the original Dark Rayman

BTW, Rayman Advance came out BEFORE Rayman Arena and Rayman M. that was the first place he was mentioned to be Dark Rayman.
I guess it's not so bad, especially when you compare it with these posts made around the same time:
RayFan9876 wrote:
PluMGMK wrote:
RayFan9876 wrote:
Hunchman801 wrote:
RayFan9876 wrote:fab is a Canadian magazine which targets the gay community. The magazine publishes biweekly issues in Toronto, Ontario. It publishes alternate weeks to the city's other biweekly gay publication, Xtra!
You sound very well informed :bad:
Hellz maybe, but I can assure you I'm not queer. :mryellow:
That's obvious.
Rofl. :P

What's "MyRSS" on the left side on the front Portal page?
Electoon
Barbara

Post by Electoon »

I like how your first post isn't 'hi I'm new here' and is just straight into a discussion about Dark Rayman :D

I swear I've been calling him that all my life, before Rayman Advance even existed :shock:
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Haha, the "I'm new here" things were my 2008 and prior habits; I was far worse back then.

My cousin in Germany actually knew someone at Digital Eclipse, and I somehow received Rayman Advance months before I was released. Don't ask me how, because I was five.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Electoon wrote:I like how your first post isn't 'hi I'm new here' and is just straight into a discussion about Dark Rayman :D

I swear I've been calling him that all my life, before Rayman Advance even existed :shock:
I did too, and what with Origins calling him DarkRay, I'm confused.
Also
I believe my first post was in reply to one of yours:
Master4lyf1 wrote:
Electoon wrote: There was this one time where my maths teacher randomly brought up RRR though, it was funny, but I think I was the only one in the class to get it, everyone else just blanked out :)
Odd, I remember my Maths teacher saying something about TV Party back when I was in Year 8

I used to be Crazy about Rayman back in my primary school days, I was also obsessed with technology, I.T was my favourite lesson, whenever we did Spreadsheets, I used to do them on Rayman Characters and their powers.

Nowadays, though, I can only talk about Rayman with some of my friends, those who liked platformers from the 90's like Crash, I remember talking to a "Cod-a-holic" once about Rayman, he said the games were rubbish, he said he'd played the first game and it was easy, I asked him how far he played, he said, until the third part of the forest area. I guarantee if he played Bongo Hills he would have destroyed his TV
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Master, you've only joined on the twenty-first of August this year?

I swear you've been around since at least the beginning of Summer.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

RayFan9876 wrote:Master, you've only joined on the twenty-first of August this year?

I swear you've been around since at least the beginning of Summer.
Well, we did first meet on YouTube, though that was probably much earlier since I've been on YouTube for a whole year.

And, if my presence here has given such an illusion of the length of time I have spent here, then clearly something is up.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

Master4lyf1 wrote:And, if my presence here has given such an illusion of the length of time I have spent here, then clearly something is up.
It's because even though you only joined a few months ago, you were never truly new.
SuperSunshine
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by SuperSunshine »

Man I was stupid back when I frist joined. Not to mention the excessive amout of emoticons and "text talk" I used.
SuperSunshine wrote::D Hi Im new here! (joys to my crappy intro)
spiraldoor wrote:*reads the script*
*finds out the truth about The Reveal*
Danone
Antitoon

Post by Danone »

I don't need put that cause my forst post was the list of my Rayman games :P
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

A loooooong time ago I wrote:Well I've registred myself here (By friends askings) for a quite time ago but finnally I will try to get as active as possible. XD

OK here we go :D, I'm Haruka, I'm 16 years old and I live in Portugal.
My hobbies are playing videogames, drawing, watching Cartoons/Animes, listening to music, etc.
I'm a Rayman addicted since I met him (9 years ago but the story was wierd XD) and today I still am. :wink:
I also want to congratulate the RayTunes and RayWiki team for their amazing jobs on both projects and I hope to have a good relationship with everybody in the forum and who knows, doing new friends. ^_^
I see some typos here, my English did improved in these last years. :lol:
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

Henchman800 wrote:Hey, i'm new here!

I love Rayman Multiplayer, but i haven't played Arena...

But i know one thing: Dark Rayman IS PLAYABLE, he is a skin for Rayman. And Dark Globox is character, not skin for Globox. Well, i wonder how Dark Rayman is looking! Does anybody have a screen with him?
If the younger version of me was a member here, I would kill him for his grammatical mistakes. And ffs he didn't capitalise 'I'.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

I would write my presentation differently in terms of grammar and phrase construction if I was about to rewrite it, but anyway.
Electoon
Barbara

Post by Electoon »

Henchman800 wrote:Hey, i'm new here!

I love Rayman Multiplayer, but i haven't played Arena...

But i know one thing: Dark Rayman IS PLAYABLE, he is a skin for Rayman. And Dark Globox is character, not skin for Globox. Well, i wonder how Dark Rayman is looking! Does anybody have a screen with him?
I take it the response was this:
RayFan9876 wrote:
spiraldoor wrote:Here:

That's ugly compared to the original Dark Rayman

BTW, Rayman Advance came out BEFORE Rayman Arena and Rayman M. that was the first place he was mentioned to be Dark Rayman.
:P
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

That would take two years :P
Electoon
Barbara

Post by Electoon »

Whoops! It would have made a good reply though :wink:
Nannerb3
El Luchador
Tings: 22135

Post by Nannerb3 »

spiraldoor wrote:
Greenbottle3 wrote:
Hunchman801 wrote:Did someone play Rayman2 on Nintendo DS? (it's called RaymanDS)
I ordered it from GameStop the other say....
Yes, it's been a while since he said that, but I just had to say something.
By the way, I'm sort of new here, so I don't know what's going on..... :fou2:
Are you aware that you just quoted and responded to a five-year-old post? In other words, a post which is half your age?
The me two years ago was an idiot.
Danone
Antitoon

Post by Danone »

Greenbottle3 wrote:
spiraldoor wrote:
Greenbottle3 wrote:
Hunchman801 wrote:Did someone play Rayman2 on Nintendo DS? (it's called RaymanDS)
I ordered it from GameStop the other say....
Yes, it's been a while since he said that, but I just had to say something.
By the way, I'm sort of new here, so I don't know what's going on..... :fou2:
Are you aware that you just quoted and responded to a five-year-old post? In other words, a post which is half your age?
The me two years ago was an idiot.
Mine was worse :P
Electoon
Barbara

Post by Electoon »

That's younger then I was when I first joined a forum (I was 11), and the post seemed a lot less noobish then some of mine, so don't worry ;)