Rayman 1

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Which version is your favourite?

Jaguar
5%
PC
25%
PlayStation
54%
Saturn
8%
Game Boy Colour
No votes
Game Boy Advance
3%
DSi
4%

Total votes: 156

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Re: Rayman 1

Post by Adsolution »

Master4lyf1 wrote:From what I know, all the cages in Mr. Sax's Hullabaloo are in the first level, all one needs to do is get all of 'em, then hit the signpost back to the world map.
Is it even possible to get back to the start after making it to the end of the area?

Raven_Guardian
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1035

Post by Raven_Guardian »

yes, it is. If you didn't take a picture with the photograph, all you have to do is sacrifice a life (like jumping in the void) and you reappear at the beginning of the stage. Why nobody believe me?

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Post by Adsolution »

Because I didn't think of that.

GOT4N
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by GOT4N »

Master4lyf1 wrote:Congratulations, Weshkanapesh!
That record you've set certainly makes the long time it took me to complete the game extremely ridiculous.
Am I right in saying that you've got the record for fastest completion time for the game?
Yes :mrgreen: Compared to the single-segment speedrun, 1h41 or 1h43
Robotic Teensie wrote:Wow nice!! We talked about your speedruns in the Raymanathon live stream last night - the guy who was playing R1 did like 2-3 levels in the time you finished the whole game!

We were also mystified by the whole "skipping Mr Sax" thing... how does that work?
LOL For Raymanathon. I asked to scrimpeh, a excellent TASer which show me lot of glitches in Rayman, and he said, "I will do Mr.Sax even if we can get back, for more 100% of run"

Robotic Teensie
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3130

Post by Robotic Teensie »

So... Mr Skops can be skipped too then... all 6 cages can be found in part 1 of his level. The second half of Twilight Gulch can be skipped too.

Well, I think fighting Mr Sax does kind of make it "more 100%", because at the end of the speedrun you will have played through the entire game, rather than skipping parts. If you only cared about getting that 100% figure on the menu you wouldn't even have to do Mr Dark's Dare, right? But that just doesn't feel like actually completing 100% of the game.

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

I always skip the second part of Twilight Gulch by just catching the last cage and returning to the entrance of the level.

Raven_Guardian
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by Raven_Guardian »

It's possible to skip Mr Skops? I already tried but there isn't sign leading to the map in this level on ps1.

Snagglebee
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 2700

Post by Snagglebee »

Raven_Guardian wrote:It's possible to skip Mr Skops? I already tried but there isn't sign leading to the map in this level on ps1.
Well, I think you can't.

Robotic Teensie
Pizzicatta

Oh, I didn't know there was no sign... it was only a theory, I'll try the DOS version now.

EDIT: Err... there is a sign here.

Raven_Guardian
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by Raven_Guardian »

ok.
Twilight Gulch: you don't have to do the entire level to reach the next?

Haruka
Rayman 2

Post by Haruka »

Raven_Guardian wrote:It's possible to skip Mr Skops? I already tried but there isn't sign leading to the map in this level on ps1.
It is possible, just don't go to the Photographer. The Sign is hidden a bit up and behind you.

Shrooblord
Froutch
Tings: 64535

Post by Shrooblord »

Robotic Teensie wrote:the Raymanathon live stream
what is this and is it awesome
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.

Robotic Teensie
Pizzicatta

It was a live stream 1-2 days ago where a few guys tried to set the world record for "longest stretch of continuously playing Rayman games back-to-back"... it was announced here: http://www.raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic ... 13&t=10103. The stream is now over though...

It was fun to watch, and to be able to chat live with the player - I and saerleiya stayed up till 4:30 in the morning for it!

Shrooblord
Froutch
Tings: 64535

Post by Shrooblord »

Ahhhh new topics that announce stuff don't get past my perception filter. I should more oftenly check the forums themselves as opposed to the View Your Posts part of this website. But then again, every time I do, there's nothing new.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.

Raven_Guardian
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by Raven_Guardian »

Haruka wrote:
It is possible, just don't go to the Photographer. The Sign is hidden a bit up and behind you.

Sorry but i really can't find the sign leading to the map. Where is it precisely?

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master »

While we're looking at the maps, there's a cage that hasn't been circled in the PC version map of Mr. Sax's Hullaballoo.

Raven_Guardian
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by Raven_Guardian »

I'm trying to get the six cages of Twilight gulch on first visit but I can't reach one flying ring (even with speed fist) without the power of running. (i'm still playing on ps 1)

Haruka
Rayman 2

Post by Haruka »

Raven_Guardian wrote:
Haruka wrote:

Sorry but i really can't find the sign leading to the map. Where is it precisely?

It is covered by the first circle.

Raven_Guardian
Ptizêtre Vert

Post by Raven_Guardian »

There's absolutely nothing there.

Haruka
Rayman 2

Post by Haruka »

I'm sure there must be a sign. Let me have a quick look.

EDIT: http://youtu.be/uQtYqFLUOr8?t=29s