Rayman 1

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which version is your favourite?

Jaguar
4%
PC
23%
PlayStation
58%
Saturn
7%
Game Boy Colour
1%
Game Boy Advance
3%
DSi
3%

Total votes: 206

Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Re: Rayman 1

Post by Rulez »

It's Rayman 1 for pussies, in a way.
buildersith
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by buildersith »

RayFan9876 wrote:
Yoshidude99 wrote:What's Rayman DSi like?
Too easy. You start with six life points and when you get a P it sends you up to ten, it only takes fifty tings instead of a hundred to get a life (lel), and overall it's Rayman 1 but stupidly easy.
I actually struggled with Rayman DSi, it's probably me bein bad a videogames but the official nintendo magazine who reviewed it seemed to agree with me critiscizing it for sacraficing gameplay for graphics (small resolution to retain detail on sprites) and making the game to hard, though I guess I can agree because I never completed Rayman until I bought the dsiware version a few year back, though I'll give it the credit that it got me re-interested back into the rayman series.
[steam: Buildersith][PSN: Buildersith]
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Rulez wrote:It's Rayman 1 for pussies, in a way.
I'm sorry?
Rulez
Henchman 1000

Post by Rulez »

Haruka wrote:
I'm sorry?
Rayman 1 for DSi is pathetically easy, isn't it?
Danone
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Danone »

Rulez wrote:
Haruka wrote:
I'm sorry?
Rayman Advance is more easy.
Rulez
Henchman 1000

Post by Rulez »

Danone wrote:
Rulez wrote:
Haruka wrote:
I'm sorry?
Well, your mileage may vary :)
Yoshidude99
Moussu
Tings: 1075

Post by Yoshidude99 »

8 life points sounds good.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

I can't say if it is easy or if it is hard because I never had the opportunity to play the DSi version.

Not only I haven't got a credit card, aswell there are no eShop cards in Portugal for sale yet (and Nintendo is promising that "eShop cards will go soon to the stores after June", well yeah, we are in May already).

How the heck I can buy it then? I don't know if a Spanish eShop card of 15€ would work for my 3DS.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Danone wrote:
Rulez wrote:
Haruka wrote:
I'm sorry?
No it isn't. :boon: The only difference between Rayman 1 and Rayman Advance is that in Advance, you get just one extra life point (not three like in the DSi version), and you don't lose your tings when you die. However, some of those things were just compensation for the game having a smaller field of view. Rayman Advance is still a bit easier than Rayman 1, but it's ten fucking times harder than the DSi version.
Electoon
Barbara
Tings: 11900

Post by Electoon »

A couple of the levels in Rayman Advance have been made simpler as well, for example the map in Space Mama's Crater that begins with the flying rings is now above a giant platform to stop Rayman from cheaply falling to his death if a mistake is made. The first map of Bongo Hills has been removed entirely for some reason (cartridge space probably :P). Rayman Advance also gives you 10 continues instead of the usual 5.

From what I've seen, the DSI version is far easier though...

[
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Electoon wrote:Rayman Advance also gives you 10 continues instead of the usual 5.
Nah, the PS1 (and maybe Saturn) version is the only one where you get 5 continues, every other version has ten.
TeensieKing
Carnivora
Tings: 12809

Post by TeensieKing »

Errmm...I don't know how to say that but...I'm playing Rayman 1 for DSi on my 3DS and I get stuck all the time because it's too hard :oops:
Electoon
Barbara

Post by Electoon »

RayFan9876 wrote: Nah, the PS1 (and maybe Saturn) version is the only one where you get 5 continues, every other version has ten.
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that the PC version has 10 continues! It deserves it, considering it's harsher with giving out extra lives and the cages are in stupidly hard places...

And yes, I can confirm the Saturn version has 5 continues. It's funny how my two favourite versions of the game are the harshest with continues, my least favourite aspect of Rayman 1 :P
Yoshidude99
Moussu
Tings: 1075

Post by Yoshidude99 »

On my disc the continue music is either sped up slowed down or dosen't play at all. It didn't used to though. Most of the time you only hear the alarm going off.
Mammothphant 2
Poilu
Tings: 2107

Post by Mammothphant 2 »

One time, when i played Candy Chateau and i was in the part where Mr Darks spell changes right and left i went to the pause menu, then in the key options, then i just changed left to right and right to left. It was like cheating but...cheating! XD
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

That's cheating! :P
dondu97
Feuillu
Tings: 1680

Post by dondu97 »

I once got to the end of Band Land not having found a single cage on the PC version and I only had 3 continues left, so I think 10 is a good amount. To be fair I was like 5 and even failed at the Sanctuary of Stone and Fire on R2.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

If you really do struggle with the game and would rather not be faced with constant game-overs and lack of progress, and find it difficult to attain lives, then there are two cheats which can be put to use:

The 99 Lives cheat:
Using this cheat will set Rayman's life counter to 99.

The continue cheat:
When Rayman has 3 continues or less, using this cheat will reset the amount of continues to 10.
Electoon
Barbara

Post by Electoon »

Master4lyf1 wrote: The continue cheat:
When Rayman has 3 continues or less, using this cheat will reset the amount of continues to 10.
I have found myself guilty of using this cheat in the past Image, namely on the PS1 version where you only get 5 continues

I like how in the majority of the versions of the game use the same cheat code :P
JumpBee
Électoon
Tings: 5

Rayman 1 OpenGL && DirectX

Post by JumpBee »

Hi, I'm new here, and I want to share my first test "3d graphic" Rayman app with the community. I am also a big fan of the Rayman games, and decided to make this small 'game' right after I've been introduced into computer graphics programming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=960-c3eYVwk

Feel free to rate it :D

Greetings from Hungary.