Rayman 3

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Re: Rayman 3

Post by Steo »

SrRayman wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:45 pm Hey uh Steo, I've been wondering... how do your signatures change every time you refresh a page?
I changed it to only be the Christmas one just for this month, but I was using a sig rotator. Basically you put links on it to all the images you want to use and it randomly chooses one each time. I still have the quotes rotating though and I'm just using grumpybumpers to do it.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
SrRayman
Incrediball
Tings: 380

Post by SrRayman »

Thank you. (btw I have found the Sig Rotator with no problem, thank you!)
sack lack back tack track pack wack rack knack
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

After several years, I finally beat Rayman 3 HD a few months back. The glitches were funny but didn't prevent me from playing the game, so I guess it was an okay experience.
SrRayman
Incrediball

Post by SrRayman »

Decided to play some Rayman 3 again and get a score. :)
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Best of luck with it. :)

There's a thread here that can help you.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

mikistroz
Lums Vert
Tings: 90

Post by mikistroz »

Anyone played the HD version here? I bought and finished it last year on my PS3 (because I wanted to replay R3 but my parents threw away my PC discs thinking it was junk...) and to be honest I can't really say anything positive about it. Yeah, the game itself is great but the port... not really. Graphical bugs, no sound during cutscenes (!!!), choppy framerate - not really the nicest game experience. Although there were some nice features like some concept art, leaderboards and trophies it doesn't justify the way it works and the price which isn't that great for such broken game. Or maybe it was just my bad luck?
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

The majority of us agree that the HD version is very glitchy and the original is far better. If you want a version that loks good and doesn't have all of that, then the PC version with Better Rayman 3 is the best way to go.

I even noticed the music and sound effects loop very badly with big pauses in between too and it's just not nice at all. The music on the Teensie Highway stages is done extremely badly, where every measure just doesn't play in sync at all. That's probably the best example of the bad sound looping in the game.

mikistroz
Lums Vert
Tings: 90

Post by mikistroz »

Does Better Rayman 3 support other languages though? I'd like to play with polish dubbing, I genuinely it is done very well and I feel pretty nostalgic about it. If not it isn't really a problem, just curious.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

If it helps, I found this in the Better Rayman 3 thread:
RibShark wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:05 pm
Forteeneeth wrote:I'm sorry, but I just found this topic and I saw the newest post was in Dec 2016. And I'm new here.

This addon is actually really cool! But I don't know how to restore the Polish Voice and Text, because I originally installed the Polish version of the Game. I'm actually from Poland. I only wanted a widescreen gameplay. What do I have to do to restore the Originally installed Voice and have the widescreen? :/
Make sure the language in the configuration is set to English, and it should restore the Polish voice on the Polish version.
So it looks like it should work as long as you have the Polish version of the game.

SpyroGuy
Céloche
Tings: 7416

Post by SpyroGuy »

After checking out the contents of the R3 Press Kit an assumption had randomly risen in me.

What if the reason for Rayman randomly switching forms in (one of) the earliest R3 trailer is not necessarily because of the change in the development process (as I've assumed before because it's kinda suggested from the infos that we know about the game's development), but because of it being a side-effect or a part of the power that he received from the Leptys? Maybe originally the game was also supposed to explain the R3 design's existence?
SrRayman
Incrediball

Post by SrRayman »

I have played Rayman 3 HD and I have noticed one little problem with the audio. When I was in the Land of the Dead when these ghost birds come the audio for the chase music plays 1-3 seconds late. Other than that it's fine.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

There's a lot more problems with the audio than just that. Next time you're at the Teensie highway, listen to how out of sync the music is. Even the looping sound of the laser Céloche fires at you has gaps in it. None of the audio loops correctly whatsoever.

R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique
Tings: 500

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

When I was playing Land of the Livid dead, I can remember seeing something strange after defeating Céloche and swimming to the part where there are multiple bridges before the way to the portal to the doctor teensie.

When I was jumping the bridges and got to the last platform, I looked behind from where I came from and then into the air with the camera option and noticed bubbles just sitting in the air. They are not even floating the way you think they should float. They are just sitting still in mid air.

I don't know if it is glitch and if it is, does it exist in all versions? I don't think so. Anything could be possible Since I am playing it via emulator.
Some strange phenomenon..
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I've never actually turned back to have a look at that part, because I usually just finish the stage after defeating Céloche. Next time I play it I'll have to check, but are they just those bubbles that Globox makes after drinking plum juice?

R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique
Tings: 500

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

Steo wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:38 pmI've never actually turned back to have a look at that part, because I usually just finish the stage after defeating Céloche. Next time I play it I'll have to check, but are they just those bubbles that Globox makes after drinking plum juice?
No and it can't be either since Globox is usually in his normal state at that point in the level. What I saw were small ordinary bubbles sitting still in mid-air. The way they hang in the air like that (especially in a large group) makes me think that it is some sort of glitch.
Nve
Chasseur
Tings: 1954

Post by Nve »

Well, I have had fun with Cheat Engine and the first Rayman 3 demo and found some debug stuff. I hope this wasn't already discovered by more talented than me.

I posted here weeks ago videos and images from the Rayman 3 E3 2002 demo.
As it turns out, gameplay appears on one photo from the event:

Left side, of course, Special Invaders. On the right side, we can see a demo with 5 selection options (4 levels mentioned in the article and the trailer).
Actually, those options are still accessible in the newer demo by going beyond the scope.
Bad Sauce.png
Hidden Trailer.png
Bad Sauce is cut (there are even empty folders in demo files of some levels) but the hidden trailer option is working fine.
That means that all known demos are built on the E3 version.
I have also found memory addresses responsible for the appearance of submenus and menus and I thought it would be interesting to see them on the level select menu. Here's the result:
Hidden Phrase.png
Resume game button is activating this text. Phrase comes from fix.lvl file which contains a lot of already discussed beta dialogues.
Listen carefully, Fat Fuck. Never let the Knaaren \lget close to you. You heard me ? Never !Grasshopper, as we price peace above victory,\lthere is a method for dealing with force... Run away!Seems like you're a quick learner who needs a lot \lof explaining aren't you ? RUN AWAY !!!Jeeez, the fourth time! \lYou're a producer aren't you ?\jcMISS\lUNIVERSETRAILERController disconnected.\lPlease reconnect the controller in the controller port 1\land press START button to continue.\jcRESTART LEVEL\jcQUIT LEVEL\jcRESUME GAME\jcCONTROLS\jcEXIT THE LEVEL ?YESNO\jcEND GAMEYESNOINCONNU
I wonder if the appearance of precisely this one phrase is a work of some turmoil in the program or something like a developers joke.
Another message is activated by the End Game/Yes button:
ModeNormal1.png
It can be also viewed in the Dangerous Game (Special Invaders doesn't like such HUD changes, I stopped after few crashes).
If my memory is correct, the same message also appears in the prototype if the camera mode is changed.
By quitting the demo "byebye" is revealed.
ByeBye.png

I would also like to ask if there is somewhere Rayman 3 .gf extractor. MixerX did one but it's not fully satisfying for me. Some graphics are not working and those from vignette.cnt are messy, also the extractor works only with the full game.
StelzenBomber
Dragon mécanique
Tings: 25637

Post by StelzenBomber »

Nve wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:52 pm Well, I have had fun with Cheat Engine and the first Rayman 3 demo and found some debug stuff. I hope this wasn't already discovered by more talented than me.

I posted here weeks ago videos and images from the Rayman 3 E3 2002 demo.
As it turns out, gameplay appears on one photo from the event:

Left side, of course, Special Invaders. On the right side, we can see a demo with 5 selection options (4 levels mentioned in the article and the trailer).
Actually, those options are still accessible in the newer demo by going beyond the scope.

Bad Sauce.png
Hidden Trailer.png

Bad Sauce is cut (there are even empty folders in demo files of some levels) but the hidden trailer option is working fine.
That means that all known demos are built on the E3 version.
I have also found memory addresses responsible for the appearance of submenus and menus and I thought it would be interesting to see them on the level select menu. Here's the result:

Hidden Phrase.png

Resume game button is activating this text. Phrase comes from fix.lvl file which contains a lot of already discussed beta dialogues.
Listen carefully, Fat Fuck. Never let the Knaaren \lget close to you. You heard me ? Never !Grasshopper, as we price peace above victory,\lthere is a method for dealing with force... Run away!Seems like you're a quick learner who needs a lot \lof explaining aren't you ? RUN AWAY !!!Jeeez, the fourth time! \lYou're a producer aren't you ?\jcMISS\lUNIVERSETRAILERController disconnected.\lPlease reconnect the controller in the controller port 1\land press START button to continue.\jcRESTART LEVEL\jcQUIT LEVEL\jcRESUME GAME\jcCONTROLS\jcEXIT THE LEVEL ?YESNO\jcEND GAMEYESNOINCONNU
I wonder if the appearance of precisely this one phrase is a work of some turmoil in the program or something like a developers joke.
Another message is activated by the End Game/Yes button:

ModeNormal1.png

It can be also viewed in the Dangerous Game (Special Invaders doesn't like such HUD changes, I stopped after few crashes).
If my memory is correct, the same message also appears in the prototype if the camera mode is changed.
By quitting the demo "byebye" is revealed.

ByeBye.png

I would also like to ask if there is somewhere Rayman 3 .gf extractor. MixerX did one but it's not fully satisfying for me. Some graphics are not working and those from vignette.cnt are messy, also the extractor works only with the full game.
I remember that demo,it was realy nice, still have one for ps2
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

You don't really need to quote the entire post, it's fairly hefty and it's the post directly above yours.

What's weird is that in the actual game he says "near you" not "close to you". I can't imagine the Teensie actually saying "fat fuck". :lol:

It's got to be a devs joke considering it even says producer in the text.

Eparcyl
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Eparcyl »

This moment when your 10th R3 speedrun hits 2:31:05
ImageImage
HONK HONK: https://youtu.be/Z4OhbzSFpnk
Record Day ~ 2015: 267 posts, 20th/ 2016: 429 posts, 13th/ 2018: 450 posts, 8th
dr_st
Eig
Tings: 40813

Post by dr_st »

I was very happy to discover the Rayman 3 PC Demo I have not played yet, so for fun I downloaded it and played this afternoon.

And, well, I think I realized why despite R3 being the better game in terms of graphics, story, content, I much prefer playing and replaying R2 and its derivatives.

Everything about R3 sucks so much! The controls suck as to how imprecise are, going off diagonals, missing ledges, terrible response time on the helicopter activation; the camera sucks as to how it completely messes up from one second to the next, turning 90 or 180 degrees, confusing you. It is such an exercise in frustration to make these jumps every time.

Granted, part of it is due to playing on a crappy gamepad (they are all crappy). On a keyboard it's far better (at least you can sort of control the direction of movement), but you still have to deal with the atrociously sticky helicoptering and horrible camera.

Ugh, ugh, ugh.