Rayman M-Arena

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Xenon
Pirate Lunette
Tings: 98896

Rayman M-Arena

Post by Xenon »

Official Rayman M-Arena topic.

ONLY talk about Rayman M-Arena, so keep on topic, else this will look exactly like the ones Gigaman made...

So stay on topic, I want this to be a success.

--- Rayman Arena ONLINE! ---

Source: http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/ ... 046244/p/1

Okay people,
After ( too ) much tries, we ( me and pok2, we did the online test! ) can finally say to you: "WE HAVE RAYMAN ARENA WORKING ONLINE!!!" lol. Yes, it's true. Via Hamachi.
What you need to do is:

1. Installing:
Download & Install Hamachi: http://files.hamachi.cc/priv/HamachiSet ... .56-en.exe

2. Connecting:
Open the Hamachi program, and click teh connect button.
If you're the SESSION MAKER, click the 'networking menu' button ( sorry, you'll have to search for this one, but there are only 2 buttons, so... ;) ) and click Create new network. Make a Name and a password for the network, then let other people join with the following instructions.
If you're the SESSION JOINER, just click the 'networking menu' button, and click 'Join existing network'. Type the name and password you recieved from the session maker, and click OK. Now you can see all other people who joined the network.

3. A VERY IMPORTANT STEP:
Go to Network connections in your windows configuration panel. ( If you don't know how, Start-> Run -> ncpa.cpl ;) )
Close your internet connection ( not hamachi, keep that running, but just close your internet connection. ), then run Rayman Arena.

4. Rayman Arena Trick – IMPORTANT!
First I'm gonna give instructions for the SESSION MAKER:
Now Rayman Arena is started, open the LAN game.
Type your name, and click confirm ( or whatever ).
Click Create. You won't see any games open. It's very normal. Type your session name. Choose your character & map. Click confirm.
DO NOT CLICK CREATE YET!!! IT'S VERY IMPORTANT!
Now go back to your desktop, leaving rayman arena on. ( Alt+Tab is your friend! ;) )
Then Re-open your internet connection. Be sure to wait until Hamachi is reconnected.
Now open your Rayman Arena, and click Create. Server should be successfully created!!!
Now wait for some session joiner(s) to join, and click start, ( or whatever it is ), and prepare for a very smooth game! :D

If you're a SESSION JOINER and the SESSION MAKER already created the server, open LAN game menu, type your name, click confirm. You’ll not see any games running. Normal.
Now go back to your desktop, leaving rayman arena on. ( Alt+Tab is your friend! ;) )
Then Re-open your internet connection. Be sure to wait until Hamachi is reconnected.
Now open Rayman Arena ( DO NOT CLICK REFRESH! ), and what do you see? Tadaaa! There’s your server you should join! Select it and click join, and prepare for a very smooth game! :D

That's it!

Also, if you're using firewalls, be sure to disable them for the Hamachi connection ;)

Pok2 and I had a very smooth game. He was Razorwife and I was rayman. He chose First Ruins as map. And I beated him! He arrived 2 seconds after me. The game was as I said, very smooth. No problems at all! :D

Also, I'll edit this post when pok2 finds a way to make this thing less difficult.

And... who wants to play? :P

Please notice, this method is only for people who have Rayman Arena, not Rayman M. Also, each time you want to play, you'll have to do the steps starting from step 3! ;) Have fun! :)
It doesn't work for Rayman M, because it hasn't got any LAN option.
Also make sure in your Rayman Arena options your connection is set to: Local Area Network.

Droolie.
Topic Merging has been done, topic is now on both Rayman M/Arena. ~ Hoodcom
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

I am posting in this topic too! :D

QUESTIONS:

1. Is there any way to make MORE skins for each character or make some skins for those who don't have skins ( Rayman, Razorbeard, etc. )?
I mean the PC version, of cource!

2. There are some pictures from RaymanM I do not reconize!
Here is one :

And the other one:

Is this the PS2 Version or what?
Jona
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by Jona »

1. If you have a lot of knowledge about computers, I'm sure there's a way to make skins, put them in the right format and place them in the right map (I don't think RM is well enough secured to prevent that) but otherwise you'll have to do with the skins that exist in the game.
2. The first screenshot looks like Zenith Harbour, but it's certainly nothing that exists in the PC version. I don't know the second one either, but it makes me pretty envious. It would be very nice if Ubisoft made another RM game, but then with improved quality, more levels, more unlockable characters (holy fuck I wish I could run a Hoodblaster through those levels, with his damn funny hops) and the ability to play games against other people over the net. Because then you get to play against real elites (and you can pwn noobs :twisted:) instead of mediocre computer bots (of which in RM, the difficulty has nothing to do with their smartness or accuracy, THEY SIMPLY RUN FASTER).

What does everyone else think?
HIASLIUOR OOL
Xenon
Pirate Lunette

Post by Xenon »

I don't recognise either screenshots either.

And I agree, it would be cool to race as a Hoodblaster. Wouldn't it be cool if Rayman M was an interactive game, by this I mean anyone worldwide could play via the internet. It reminds me of Star Trooper, oh that was wicked amazing.
Jona
Électoon

Post by Jona »

Yeah, I already talked about a real multiplayer option.

But seriously, I think Rayman M should definitely be remade. If I lead projects of Rayman in Ubisoft, I'd know what to do... put a LARGE team to work on the main Rayman games (1, 2, 3, 4) make them as good as possible, and especially worthwhile. And do a remake of Rayman M. With multiplayer options, because it will attract dozens of new people to Rayman.
HIASLIUOR OOL
Xenon
Pirate Lunette

Post by Xenon »

Plus, Rayman 3 should be edited, the minigames especially.
Jona
Électoon

Post by Jona »

Nah, editing R3 is pointless.
HIASLIUOR OOL
Xenon
Pirate Lunette

Post by Xenon »

Why? It would make it better.
Ogre
Lums Bleu
Tings: 104

Post by Ogre »

The second screenshot is really nice. Meh, too bad, it was not in the game. Btw, I once heard on old RZ forums that fans were making the second part of Rayman M.
Xenon
Pirate Lunette

Post by Xenon »

I'm not sure, but the second screenshot looks more like a Rayman DS pic. I mean, it's certainly not RM, there are no powerups or bumpers or anything.
Phoenixan
Ursula
Tings: 26333

Post by Phoenixan »

Jona wrote:....and the ability to play games against other people over the net. Because then you get to play against real elites (and you can pwn noobs :twisted:) instead of mediocre computer bots (of which in RM, the difficulty has nothing to do with their smartness or accuracy, THEY SIMPLY RUN FASTER)...
You can actually play online in Rayman Arena, the American version. :P Very difficult to find anyone even to play against though. Plus I'm not even going to try anymore on my dialup connection. I die before I even know. XD LAG!!!!
Jona
Électoon

Post by Jona »

lol, I never knew that was possible. But if it had a multiplayer system on the European version, it would probably suck... I mean come on, that's a game from 2001 made by Ubisoft. o_O
HIASLIUOR OOL
Phoenixan
Ursula
Tings: 26333

Post by Phoenixan »

I tried it at my school before.. along with Quake III... Compared between the two on online multiplayer, I'm going with Quake III!!! XD
Newray
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by Newray »

I played RaymanM thausands of times versus my brother, that was really nice! But i don't knew online gaming was possible on the arena version.

And those screenshots are just beta screenshots from Rayman2 or RaymanM, they are too unfinished that you can't really see from whice game they should be. I think they are from RaymanM..
Rayman Origins Progress: 100% Image246/246 Image51/51 Image31/31 Image10/10
Rayman Jungle Run Progress: 100% Image70/70
Rayman 3 HD Progress: 100% ImageScore: 702322 ImageCages: 60/60
Xenon
Pirate Lunette

Post by Xenon »

I believe the first one could be unfinished, but I don't think the second one was. How many stages like that do you see, where you can see Carmen the whale through a hole? :|
Newray
Électoon

Post by Newray »

That also is a beta screentshot, i think UbiSoft just was thinking that a level underwater was weird for RaymanM..
Xenon
Pirate Lunette

Post by Xenon »

Yes, it would be. But it would be cool. A swimming race! :D
Newray
Électoon

Post by Newray »

Yeah, but in that screenshot Rayman is walking underwater, that's even more weirder..
Xenon
Pirate Lunette

Post by Xenon »

True.

But what makes you think it's underwater? It could just be one of those aquarium places, LOL.
Newray
Électoon

Post by Newray »

Ehh, the background is light blue faded, like an ocean..