Rayman's age

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

rolesfamily
Magicien
Tings: 74925

Re: Rayman's age

Post by rolesfamily » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:38 pm

Master wrote:
RaymanXShyness wrote:i do not know if this counts as a double post, however I truly beileve he is 15 and I will always beileve it forever.
Oh sorry I thought you were picking the 15 up from my post ;P My bad.

I suppose Rayman does age in a certain way. Since his image changed throughout games...
Signature made by Harpic fraîcheur

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:40 pm

That's more redesign than anything else, most enduring icons have had changes and evolutions in their designs over the years, one merely needs to look at the big two of platforming to see that.

rolesfamily
Magicien

Post by rolesfamily » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:41 pm

Master wrote:That's more redesign than anything else, most enduring icons have had changes and evolutions in their designs over the years, one merely needs to look at the big two of platforming to see that.
Yeah, Murphy was a radical change.

That sukka got ATTIT00D.

Dart
Aglagl
Tings: 49815

Post by Dart » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:16 pm

And then eventually lost it all in exchange for being a bookworm again.

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:36 pm

Well, there'd hardly ever been a consistent portrayal of characters in the series, now has there?

rolesfamily
Magicien

Post by rolesfamily » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:49 pm

Master wrote:Well, there'd hardly ever been a consistent portrayal of characters in the series, now has there?
I suppose Gloxbox developed even more brain damage in Rayman 3

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:52 pm

Hmm, thing is, I've always likened Globox to being akin to Luigi in many regards, he's timid, but well meaning. Rayman 3 kept some of that, but I feel they amplified his simple-mindedness factor to Patrick Star levels.

rolesfamily
Magicien

Post by rolesfamily » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:53 pm

Master wrote:Hmm, thing is, I've always likened Globox to being akin to Luigi in many regards, he's timid, but well meaning. Rayman 3 kept some of that, but I feel they amplified his simple-mindedness factor to Patrick Star levels.
Mario reference! I really know sod all about Luigi other then he's player 2 :P

and taller!

I think they made Globox pretty funny in R3

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:55 pm

I'll admit, having the likes of John Leguizamo probably helps.

rolesfamily
Magicien

Post by rolesfamily » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:57 pm

Master wrote:I'll admit, having the likes of John Leguizamo probably helps.
Not familiar with him :P That reference is wasted on me!

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:58 pm

His most famous role these days is as Sid the Sloth from Ice Age.

rolesfamily
Magicien

Post by rolesfamily » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:58 pm

Master wrote:His most famous role these days is as Sid the Sloth from Ice Age.
Oh right, well I've only seen the first one of those a million years ago :P But yeah that sloth is pretty 'special'

Master Universum
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by Master Universum » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:33 am

The robo-pirates attacks glade of dreams 1 year before hoodlums, it's sounds totally not logic. I think that rayman maybe doesn't have age or he could have:
113+ years when Mr Dark steal the Great Protoon
1000+ years when robo-pirates occupy glade of dreams
1 000 000+ years when hoodlums have born and when he've defeated almighty demon called Leptys
and even more in Raving Rabbids and later productions.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Master Universum Profile
(an Equestrian who loves rayman's stuff)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Teensie&Stenopelix
Flabard
Tings: 160

Post by Teensie&Stenopelix » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:37 am

Eh, idk, in my hardly humble opinion i think the first 3 games must've not have that many years between them, i guess ray and glo are now considered 'adults'(?) nowadays if they weren't yet during R2-3, but anyway i think where was only 2–3 or 5—7 year gaps between the events of the 3 games, idk which pair between them has less time than the other.
I guess in the R1-R2 gap rayman was still round-bodied & bug-eyed, he was still in that surreal valley consorting with ales and betilla, and learning numerals. And between R3 and RO mustve also been a not so long time between them, i guess Hoodlum's revenge, RRR GBA, TV party (etc) can somehow be squeezed in this timeframe?
Now the gap between Origins & Legends is confirmed to be quite a hefty chunk of time, a full 100 years of sleep stasis for Minimus, Glo-Glo, Goth Sock (teensie!) and Rayman not aging one bit. But one thing is that what where they doing right after Origins? Did they fall asleep instantly after collecting absolutely everyting from those lands in that game, or did a bit more adventuring happened before the great sleep? Rayman Jungle & Fiesta Run could have reasonably taken place around here.