Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Imco
Aline Louïa
Tings: 123540

Re: Rayman 1 Musics project by Rémi Gazel

Post by Imco »

rgazel wrote:
Disionity wrote:This is fantastic. Rayman 1 has one of my favorite video game soundtracks, as well is one of my favorite games to boot. Now to finally see all of those compositions performed by proper instruments,... it's just magical. I'm truly ecstatic, you have my full support, Mr. Gazel.
Thank's a lot, I hope you will not be disappointed by the result :)
Rémi, I know I speak for a lot of us. We. Won't. EVER. Be. Dissapointed.
Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur:
rgazel
Ptizêtre Gothique
Tings: 3200

Post by rgazel »

Waaouh.... what can I answer that?
Rémi

Le site officiel du "Rayman by Rémi project" : http://www.raymanbyremi.com

"Toute idée à priori étrange mérite d'être essayée"
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Mister Rémi, I have a question to do to you.

I actually have got a project on my YouTube channel running for a while called "Rayman video catalogue". Its main goal is to archive official videos or relevant videos about the Rayman franchise to be easily available for every fan to watch. I have divided the project per game title, one of them being "Rayman 1 video catalogue". Knowing that you intend to upload videos on YouTube with the songs of your orchestra, I would like to know if I perhaps could also have the same content displayed on the "Rayman 1 video catalogue" playlist (I would evidently include the credits to you and your orchestra, while inviting watchers to visit the real link). I would only do this under your permission. If it is not possible, I totally understand and respect that.
rgazel
Ptizêtre Gothique

Post by rgazel »

Haruka wrote:Mister Rémi, I have a question to do to you.

I actually have got a project on my YouTube channel running for a while called "Rayman video catalogue". Its main goal is to archive official videos or relevant videos about the Rayman franchise to be easily available for every fan to watch. I have divided the project per game title, one of them being "Rayman 1 video catalogue". Knowing that you intend to upload videos on YouTube with the songs of your orchestra, I would like to know if I perhaps could also have the same content displayed on the "Rayman 1 video catalogue" playlist (I would evidently include the credits to you and your orchestra, while inviting watchers to visit the real link). I would only do this under your permission. If it is not possible, I totally understand and respect that.
Hi Haruka, I think It would be a great idea :) Let me know about the progress of your project...
Rémi

OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

I will also make a promotion video for the website soon.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Thank you, mister Rémi! :D

I also have other question to do. Do you need any gameplay videos of Rayman 1 for your project? If you need, I invite you to check out my YouTube channel, that has got full walkthroughs of different Rayman 1 versions, including the PlayStation one that shows up all the musical work you did. You could use the videos. :)
rgazel
Ptizêtre Gothique

Post by rgazel »

Haruka wrote:Thank you, mister Rémi! :D

I also have other question to do. Do you need any gameplay videos of Rayman 1 for your project? If you need, I invite you to check out my YouTube channel, that has got full walkthroughs of different Rayman 1 versions, including the PlayStation one that shows up all the musical work you did. You could use the videos. :)
Yes I need :) One of my ideas, if the project works well, is to project some gameplays while we play the musics, in live. Of course, the images will match the corresponding music (pfffffffffffffffff, so sorry for my very very bad english :(
But the point to consider is if we want to project on a large screen, we need some HD videos... are you videos hd ?
I just watched this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDw8tdkV ... verview-vl and it seems the max resolution is 480p, which is not sufficient for a large screen.
Rémi

OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

I think that the problem was that YouTube didn't support HD videos back then when Haruka recorded (or did they? I can't quite remember).
I do have full HD videos of Rayman 1 but it is Sega Saturn version and I don't play that good like Haruka does (it is not terrible but she is a better player than me).
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... F7NxrdmSbk

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
rgazel
Ptizêtre Gothique

Post by rgazel »

OldClassicGamer wrote:I think that the problem was that YouTube didn't support HD videos back then when Haruka recorded (or did they? I can't quite remember).
I do have full HD videos of Rayman 1 but it is Sega Saturn version and I don't play that good like Haruka does (it is not terrible but she is a better player than me).
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... F7NxrdmSbk
Thank's OCG, I've seen your videos too :)
Perhap's I can organize a new contest for the best actuals Rayman 1 gameplays ? :D
Rémi

OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

That would probably be best idea since everyone gets a chance.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Snagglebee
Pti-lote
Tings: 2750

Post by Snagglebee »

rgazel wrote:Perhap's I can organize a new contest for the best actuals Rayman 1 gameplays ? :D
*starts recording from my saturn*
btw. I can provide high quality footage by using my Scart RGB signal, my RGB to HDMI upscaler and my Elgato Game Capture HD.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

rgazel wrote: But the point to consider is if we want to project on a large screen, we need some HD videos... are you videos hd ?
I just watched this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDw8tdkV ... verview-vl and it seems the max resolution is 480p, which is not sufficient for a large screen.
Ah right, sadly mines are not in HD, because like OldClassicGamer said after, at the time I've recorded the walkthroughs, YouTube was not supporting HD footage.

Well, a contest could be interesting. :D
Snagglebee
Pti-lote
Tings: 2750

Post by Snagglebee »

I just started a new Playlist featuring the Saturn version of Rayman 1. The videos are recorded a 1080p quality from an actual console using the RGB signal:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... re=mh_lolz
rgazel
Ptizêtre Gothique

Post by rgazel »

Great !
For those who want to make new gameplays, I'll create a new page on the Rayman 1 Musics and I will publish them on the site.
And if the project materializes as I wish, I would like to make a selection of the best, with your authorization and with your credits, for
broadcast during the concert.
Attention, it must not contain references videos infringing copyright (no brand ...).
To be used on a large projection screen, the resolution must be the highest possible.
The ideal would be that your videos have only phases games without cinematics.

Here is the list of music used for the project Rayman 1 Musics:

Dream Forest (pink plant woods)
Mr.Moskito mosquito's nest (the swamps of forgetfulness) (speed increase)
Mr.Sax
The Caves of Skops (joe1)
Crystal palace (La grotte)
Mr.Skops
Candy Chateau (le cirque - The mad race)
Mr.Dark
Bonus (magicien)
Continue? (replay)
Credits (joe2)
Perdu (game over)

Thank you all for your participation :)
Rémi

Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

I see. I think I can record few videos in purpose for the matter. Is there any deadline?
rgazel
Ptizêtre Gothique

Post by rgazel »

Haruka wrote:I see. I think I can record few videos in purpose for the matter. Is there any deadline?
No deadline Haruka, take cool, we have time :)
Rémi

OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

In my Rayman 1 Sega Saturn recording, there is a watermark with my logo in corner. Is that a problem for participating?

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

That's good. I will try to do some videos everytime I have the chance. I'll try to make them in high quality.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Blimey, not a shortage of eager contributors, hm?
I wish I could play more of a role myself, but without adequate equipment, I can only offer my best wishes.
rgazel
Ptizêtre Gothique

Post by rgazel »

OldClassicGamer wrote:In my Rayman 1 Sega Saturn recording, there is a watermark with my logo in corner. Is that a problem for participating?
No, it's ok for your watermark, but not a brand like Ubisoft for example...
Rémi