Rayman (kinda) confirmed for Smash Bros. - VOTE Rayman

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Sabertooth
Joe
Tings: 53315

Re: Rayman (kinda) confirmed for Smash Bros.

Post by Sabertooth » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:54 am

Yeah, definitely vote for Rayman when you get the chance, but please do not get your hopes up. There are many other Nintendo characters who are way more widely-requested (most of whom are generic as fuck but w/e), not to mention adding a third party character has to be more complicated than "well, the fans voted, let's do it". It doesn't hurt to vote, no, but I really don't want anyone to be disappointed again.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:

ripa9
Obus à Pattes
Tings: 365

Post by ripa9 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:22 am

With 3 Rayman trophies in the game, and the fake leak...... man... we should actually be freaking grateful for the fake leak. We have now even bigger chances than ever. Bbbbbut. It all depends on how many characters they'll add. It won't probably be that many though, so yeah... At least we're getting some more new characters instead of just some Mewtwo, which we've seen already (Melee, PM). Sakurai has implied many times (and more so than ever), that he is done with not just this game and the patches, but the whole series. But I guess we're continuing with this game. Probably mostly because Iwata asked him and Nintendo needs money. Yeah, they need money, so they should just start adding another 50 characters. It would definitely be a wise move, if they really do need money...

Oh, look at that: http://www.smashbros.com/us/dlc/index.html (check the Downloadable Content Info). They're definitely starting to do exactly what I thought they should do. Just start selling lots of different DLC. Now we just need lots of different DLC CHARACTERS... Though, I do know they take a lot of time to develop. But if they would add more people to the team, it would work. It's not going to happen though...

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9820

Post by OCG » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:49 am

Sabertooth1000000000 wrote:I sort of froze up when they asked why the character deserved to be a fighter.

As much as I love Rayman, he really doesn't deserve to be in Smash.
I disagree with this very much. In my opinion he deserves to be in Smash way more than Wii Fit Trainer (flame shield activated). He is way more iconic, has way more possibilities with moveset, his looks make him very fitting to be next to Mario, Mega Man, Pac-Man and RL had Mario and Luigi skins so I think he deserves very much to be fighter. If there is anyone who I wish to be in game but openly must admit that doesn't deserve, it is Crash Bandicoot due to him being mainly on PlayStation consoles.
Sabertooth1000000000 wrote:Not to mention adding a third party character has to be more complicated than "well, the fans voted, let's do it".
That could have been said if for example Crash got many votes because it is unlikely that Sakurai would pay a lot of money to Activision to use him.
Howeverm, Ubisoft is unlike Activision a friendly company to others and they also sent Sakurai brand new Rayman model completely free for trophy when he just asked for 2D drawings. They wouldn't ask for 18 million dollars like Activsion did ask when SuperBot Entertainment requested to include Crash in PSASBR.
ripa9 wrote:With 3 Rayman trophies in the game, and the fake leak...... man... we should actually be freaking grateful for the fake leak. We have now even bigger chances than ever. Bbbbbut. It all depends on how many characters they'll add. It won't probably be that many though, so yeah... At least we're getting some more new characters instead of just some Mewtwo, which we've seen already (Melee, PM). Sakurai has implied many times (and more so than ever), that he is done with not just this game and the patches, but the whole series. But I guess we're continuing with this game. Probably mostly because Iwata asked him and Nintendo needs money. Yeah, they need money, so they should just start adding another 50 characters. It would definitely be a wise move, if they really do need money...

Oh, look at that: http://www.smashbros.com/us/dlc/index.html (check the Downloadable Content Info). They're definitely starting to do exactly what I thought they should do. Just start selling lots of different DLC. Now we just need lots of different DLC CHARACTERS... Though, I do know they take a lot of time to develop. But if they would add more people to the team, it would work. It's not going to happen though...
Sakurai never said anything final. He was only stating his plans for back then and only was saying "for now". I never understand why are people taking a guy who said million times there will not be new Kirby game seriously when it comes to not making more content.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Harpic fraîcheur
Fauché
Tings: -5

Re: Rayman (kinda) confirmed for Smash Bros. - VOTE Rayman

Post by Harpic fraîcheur » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:38 am

I want that Rayman appear in the game, otherwise I will not buy it.
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! 8)
ImageImage
boomboleros7 wrote:Harpic est imbattable. Harpic est légendaire. Harpic est divin.
Sanhedrin wrote:“Il est autorisé d’avoir des rapports sexuels avec une fille de trois ans et un jour »

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:06 pm

In the grand scheme of things, that's a rather petty reason. I'd love Rayman to be in Smash, but I've every intention to get it regardless, when you've got such an assortment to play with, you can't really pass up the opportunity.

Harpic fraîcheur
Fauché

Post by Harpic fraîcheur » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:12 pm

I'm not a real fan of the games of this type.
That's not that I don't I like it, I just want to see the best things on the game to buy it..
ImageImage
boomboleros7 wrote:Harpic est imbattable. Harpic est légendaire. Harpic est divin.
Sanhedrin wrote:“Il est autorisé d’avoir des rapports sexuels avec une fille de trois ans et un jour »

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:01 pm

Just checked again, there's also a UK site now. It might be best to Google "Smash Ballot"

Harpic fraîcheur
Fauché

Post by Harpic fraîcheur » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:11 pm

I know that there is the choice of a new character, I hope it will be Rayman!
ImageImage

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:17 pm

There's a strong amount of competition though, there's plenty of dedicated fans geared to other characters.

I've gone ahead and updated the OP to include the UK link.

Hoozang
Paluchard
Tings: 240

Post by Hoozang » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:23 pm

Alright, I've voted for Rayman.
Am I Rayman Hero now?

Harpic fraîcheur
Fauché

Post by Harpic fraîcheur » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:35 pm

You should use a VPN to vote for Rayman more than once.
ImageImage

spiraldoor
Mr Dark
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:17 pm

Voted. This was my entry:
Apart from being a popular choice, he's just a colourful, visually distinct platforming icon with a wide variety of unusual powers. Including Rayman would also give access to some really fantastic and original environments which could be used as levels. The Rayman games tend to have a more genuinely surreal and atmospheric dimension than more brash series like Mario, which would make for a really interesting contrast.

Harpic fraîcheur
Fauché

Post by Harpic fraîcheur » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:19 pm

Nice to know you voted for Rayman, unlike Got4n... :mefiant:
ImageImage

ripa9
Obus à Pattes
Tings: 365

Post by ripa9 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:23 pm

OldClassicGamer wrote: Sakurai never said anything final. He was only stating his plans for back then and only was saying "for now". I never understand why are people taking a guy who said million times there will not be new Kirby game seriously when it comes to not making more content.
Well yeah, but there's a reason people got that impression - he has talked a lllllot about how he should/could not work on DLC, how he's done with the series, how the game has already enough content, etc., even more than after the last Smash Bros.'
OldClassicGamer wrote:
Howeverm, Ubisoft is unlike Activision a friendly company to others and they also sent Sakurai brand new Rayman model completely free for trophy when he just asked for 2D drawings. They wouldn't ask for 18 million dollars like Activsion did ask when SuperBot Entertainment requested to include Crash in PSASBR.
Oh, and this is a REALLY good point. Rayman is already in the game. There's no complicated, time consuming paperwork to be done, they could pretty much just start developing it right away, unlike with other 3rd party characters. There's still going to be a LOT of competition...

Raven_Guardian
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1035

Post by Raven_Guardian » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:32 pm

I'm going to vote for Tily.

Harpic fraîcheur
Fauché

Post by Harpic fraîcheur » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:27 pm

You will be the only one who voting for Tily. :P
ImageImage

DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Femme
Tings: 1772

Post by DandyGuy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:08 pm

I voted for Tily. 8)

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:12 pm

Please put my wife, Princess Barbara, in Smash plz.

RaymanFan1995
Tribelle
Tings: 60

Post by RaymanFan1995 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:48 pm

I've voted six times so far for Rayman. I have a good feeling about this, especially since they already have his model and UbiSoft is supporting the idea. That, and Sakurai himself said Rayman wasn't entirely out of the question. Fingers crossed!

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:17 am

Spiraldoor wrote:than more brash series like Mario, which would make for a really interesting contrast.
As of lately, yes, Mario has been rather brash with the "new Super mario bros" series, but you really, REALLY, should try Galaxy, it was an excellent 3D platformer with such wonderfully orchestrated music. It's probably my favorite 3D Mario game.

Just a suggestion, but I think you should give a try Spiral. :P
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D