Rayman (kinda) confirmed for Smash Bros. - VOTE Rayman

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Re: Rayman (kinda) confirmed for Smash Bros. - VOTE Rayman

Post by Rayfist »

Ikke471 wrote:cough pacman cough.
Pac-man's attacks were pretty recognizable. They didn't use any of his moves from the "Pac-Man world" series like rev roll, not a single reference to Pac-Man world, it's just all references Namco classics. Kind of a missed opportunity but more people are bound to recognize Namco classics than a 3D spin off Pac-Man series.

The fire hydrant though... it's an arcade classic but compared to the other big Namco games I don't see many people recognizing it from Pac-Land.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

ikke471
Antitoon
Location: Who knows? Did you check your closet? I would If I were you...
Tings: 0

Post by ikke471 »

Rayfist wrote:Pac-man's attacks were pretty recognizable. They didn't use any of his moves from the "Pac-Man world" series like rev roll, not a single reference to Pac-Man world, it's just all references Namco classics. Kind of a missed opportunity but more people are bound to recognize Namco classics than a 3D spin off Pac-Man series.

The fire hydrant though... it's an arcade classic but compared to the other big Namco games I don't see many people recognizing it from Pac-Land.
I really don't think they were recognizable but sure I am not much of a Namco person to begin with and I've never had the chance to play Namco arcade games or any arcade game at all really.

Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

In comparison to Pac-Man world they're far more recognizable I'm saying. I guess they ran low on ideas since all his attacks are from older games and other namco franchises rather than the world series at all. Sad there's no love for Pac-Man world at all :(
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter

Shrooblord
Froutch
Tings: 64535

Post by Shrooblord »

I like how detailed your description of the attacks is, Ikke. Having recently gotten more into Smash theory (vs. just playing the game), I got what you meant with everything - and your suggestions make sense too (like the suggestion about being able to spike).

I don't think moves have to get an 'oh yeah, that's that attack from that one game' effect from every single player - I don't know where half of Ike's moves come from, but I still enjoy them. You don't need to get all references to enjoy them. But when you do get a reference, it just makes it all the more fun. See it more as 'extra cake' than as a requirement to enjoy the move.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.

Sabertooth
Joe
Tings: 53315

Post by Sabertooth »

It's pretty optimistic to assume that any of his attacks would derive from the 3D games. If by some miracle he gets in, his moveset and assets will likely be based entirely on Origins and Legends, with perhaps a stray R1 reference thrown in somewhere.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:

CHRdutch
Bzzit
Tings: 23280

Post by CHRdutch »

I actually would like it if the stage was a Rayman 1 level :O
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/user/CHRdutch
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness

Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

Shrooblord wrote:I don't think moves have to get an 'oh yeah, that's that attack from that one game' effect from every single player - I don't know where half of Ike's moves come from, but I still enjoy them. You don't need to get all references to enjoy them. But when you do get a reference, it just makes it all the more fun. See it more as 'extra cake' than as a requirement to enjoy the move.
I am all for attacks from R1-R3 making it in, but a specific powerup from R3 mixed in with some mostly origins/legends movesets feels odd. Though it would be cool they offer the colors you get from powerups in R3 as alternate skins for Rayman.

I see mostly Origins/Legends moves making it in, given it's most likely his Origins/Legends look will be in there to promote the games, and a lot of his moves from Origins/Legends are very wacky and creative, it would create for some interesting moves, regardless I don't know how well they can translate those moves in 3D.

Just so you all know I am preferring mostly older Rayman themed stuff, I just don't see it being a likely scenario.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter

CHRdutch
Bzzit

Post by CHRdutch »

I think I have an idea for the smash ball
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness

Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

Yes I see that specific can being likely, it could kind of be like Wario-man, where you're still in full control of Rayman only he does deadly damage with his fists.
(Then again why would you want to play Smash with items on? :lol: )
Last edited by Rayfist on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter

Harpic fraîcheur
Fauché
Tings: -5

Post by Harpic fraîcheur »

CHRdutch wrote:I think I have an idea for the smash ball
OMG, 420 MLG BLAZE IT M8, BLAZE IT!! OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH! YES!!! OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!
No seriously it should be nice to have the R3 power-ups which appear in Smash. 8)
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! 8)
ImageImage
boomboleros7 wrote:Harpic est imbattable. Harpic est légendaire. Harpic est divin.
Sanhedrin wrote:“Il est autorisé d’avoir des rapports sexuels avec une fille de trois ans et un jour »

CHRdutch
Bzzit

Post by CHRdutch »

Rayfist wrote:Yes I see that specific can being likely, it could kind of be like Wario-man, where you're still in full control of Rayman only he does deadly damage with his fists.
Like 150%? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Record Day 2015 madness

Shrooblord
Froutch
Tings: 64535

Post by Shrooblord »

Rayfist wrote:Though it would be cool they offer the colors you get from powerups in R3 as alternate skins for Rayman.
These plus Tarayzan and Dark Rayman and I'll be happy.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.

CHRdutch
Bzzit

Post by CHRdutch »

Rayfist wrote:Yes I see that specific can being likely, it could kind of be like Wario-man, where you're still in full control of Rayman only he does deadly damage with his fists.
Like 150%? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Harpic fraîcheur wrote:
OMG, 420 MLG BLAZE IT M8, BLAZE IT!! OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH! YES!!! OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!
No seriously it should be nice to have the R3 power-ups which appear in Smash. 8)
:boon:
Record Day 2015 madness

Harpic fraîcheur
Fauché

CHRdutch wrote:
Like 150%? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Harpic fraîcheur wrote:
I just read your message. :boon:
ImageImage
boomboleros7 wrote:Harpic est imbattable. Harpic est légendaire. Harpic est divin.
Sanhedrin wrote:“Il est autorisé d’avoir des rapports sexuels avec une fille de trois ans et un jour »

ikke471
Antitoon
Location: Who knows? Did you check your closet? I would If I were you...
Tings: 0

Post by ikke471 »

Shrooblord wrote:I like how detailed your description of the attacks is, Ikke. Having recently gotten more into Smash theory (vs. just playing the game), I got what you meant with everything - and your suggestions make sense too (like the suggestion about being able to spike).
Thanks man! and yeah I get that the 3D games will probably have a little less coverage in his attacks but we can hope right?

Pirez
Ly
Tings: 97945

Post by Pirez »

I have another idea : you press B, Rayman punches his target and then this

Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

Harpic fraîcheur wrote:OMG, 420 MLG BLAZE IT M8, BLAZE IT!! OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH! YES!!! OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!
No seriously it should be nice to have the R3 power-ups which appear in Smash.
CHRdutch wrote: :boon:
When you're being booned by the biggest mlg meme'er on RPC then you know something is up lol.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

Eh, I don't feel it with this one.

Harpic fraîcheur
Fauché

Rayfist wrote:
Harpic fraîcheur wrote:OMG, 420 MLG BLAZE IT M8, BLAZE IT!! OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH! YES!!! OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!
No seriously it should be nice to have the R3 power-ups which appear in Smash.
CHRdutch wrote: :boon:
When you're being booned by the biggest mlg meme'er on RPC then you know something is up lol.
ImageImage

CHRdutch
Bzzit

Post by CHRdutch »

420 blazing it is not always the right option...
Record Day 2015 madness