Rayman @ E3 2015

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Re: Rayman @ E3 2015

Post by Bradandez »

I'll get the balloons then.
FunkyboardWizard
Ptizêtre Gothique
Tings: 3110

Post by FunkyboardWizard »

Master wrote:Well, I guess it's the Metroid's 25th for us, then. If Ubi doesn't want to give Rayman the anniversary he should get, I think it falls to we fans to celebrate it.
Shame really.

-Microsoft could have announced a partnership with UbiArt or something to bring a final 2D rayman title, exclusive to PC and XBOX
-Sony could've revived 3D Rayman and even crash bandicoot, Jak or Haven (google it, great under-rated title for the PS2)
-Nintendo could've smashed the competition with a Rayman 1, 2, 3 and O/L collection exclusively for the wii U and 3DS.

Shame. These companies could have made something really good and special out of the Rayman franchise, but hey, RL wasn't announced at an E3, the trailer was simply leaked, or "leaked", and THEN we got details, so there's still 2015 hope, however, apart from perhaps a remaster or collection such as the Origins / Rabbids 3DS collection that was released last year, I don't think we'll see anything.
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 5782

Post by saerleiya »

Too bad they didn't show anything particular at E3. But it doesn't mean it won't come out later in the year.
Ubisoft wanted to show more about the Clancy games and new, fresh content. About Syndicate, it's just that they release a game per year, so E3 is the perfect time for that.

Yup, 'twas disappointing, but it's not because the hype is unmatched that the thing won't happen :D.
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.
GrandKittymus
Moussu
Tings: 1210

Post by GrandKittymus »

Maybe later this year they'll say something about Rayman if we have any luck whatsoever. Needless to say, Ubisoft disappointed me.

Welcome~. The Kitty is at your service today. The Teensies are currently not available to assist you so allow me to be your Substitute. What's that? A giant is looking to crush me? No~, of course that's not possible.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

Ancel has abandoned all of us. WHY!?!
FunkyboardWizard
Ptizêtre Gothique
Tings: 3110

Post by FunkyboardWizard »

Bradandez wrote:Ancel has abandoned all of us. WHY!?!
Brad, I just remembered, Ancel is working on WiLD, his new PS4 open world IP, then he'll be moving on to BG&E2, So, I think Rayman is "last" for his games he's developing at the moment. Once WiLD is released, he'll either split teams in two to make both or focus heavily on Beyond.
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini

Post by saerleiya »

If he's still working with a team on BG&E2, he's not the director anymore.
Adsolution wrote:
Squiz
Oiseau Rouge
Tings: 142

Post by Squiz »

OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

Looks like Motormike was right. Ah well, I was doubting this will come out since it was not on this or last E3. Very sad news.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Bzzit
El Stomacho
Tings: 24529

Post by Bzzit »

If Shenmue and Last guardian can return then there is still hope for BGAE.
Also: Image
Rayman is the best man
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

Yeah, the other ways mean posting nostalgic FB pictures. Sorry but I expect more.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

While I'm rather skeptical of you posting a neogaf article, given Ubi's current state I believe this.

Other than Far Cry, Splinter Cell, and a few AC games, Ubisoft is very irrelevant and disconnected with their own audience.
Don't even try to tell me that atrocity of an E3 conference "MEMES" was good.

Honestly Ubi does have some nice franchises but it pains me to support them when they're so ignorant to there market.

It's funny, I see people shit on Capcom all the time for their crappy business practices, but they aren't nearly as bad as Ubi in my opinion.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini

Post by saerleiya »

Rayfist wrote:Splinter Cell
You mean Tom Clancy ? :p

Bah, more or less the same thing... Last two years were almost only AC and Clancy in terms of AAA games.
Some stuff from Ubi at E3 was good, but overall it clearly lacked diversity when compared to other conferences.
Adsolution wrote:
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

I know nothing of the series but I hear they're good stealth games.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini

Post by saerleiya »

Rayfist wrote:I know nothing of the series but I hear they're good stealth games.
They are (I'd say they are the equivalent of MGS for Ubisoft. The Splinter Cell ones, I mean). Most Tom Clancy games are very good games.

Problem is why do they feel it's right to show three very similar games from the same creator at the same conference? I can understand for The Division, and maybe Rainbow Six, where its showing was very good, but the last one threw it all to waste by crushing hype around other franchises of Ubisoft. THat was quite the anticlimatic end, because in my opinion the last Tom Clancy game showing was really underwhelming...
Adsolution wrote:
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

They look like good games, but I really doubt they can compete with the holy grail that is the Metal Gear series. I'll probably play them some day though.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Bzzit
El Stomacho
Tings: 24529

Post by Bzzit »

http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/17/ubisoft ... nd-evil-2/ Update on Ancel situation: “What was reported by IGN is untrue,” said Ubisoft. “Michel is still leading creative development of several exciting projects being developed by Ubisoft Montpellier.” Hopefully this means BGAE 2 is aight.
Rayman is the best man
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

Ah, that's such a relief to hear. Hope to see more progress on that next year. I'm also very interested in his new project, Wild. I'll definitely get a ps4 for it.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Motormike
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 920

Post by Motormike »

Good to hear that. But BGE2 isn't still clearly mentionned ^^
Anyway, hope that we'll hear more about WiLD at GDC in august. The game looks promising.
Twitter : @Motor_Mike
PSN/WiiU id : motormike
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

Ancel has not forsaken us! Now we shall whip ourselves for such blasphemous doubt we had!