WikiProject: Rayman

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

L.M. Murphy
Ptizêtre du Feu
Tings: 2396

Re: WikiProject: Rayman

Post by L.M. Murphy »

Fixed the section on Mr.Dark to mention Rayman GBC.
Rayman...forever?

NeoKairi
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by NeoKairi »

I'm currently trying to fix the Rayman 3 for GBA section.

Jman
Joe
Tings: 57987

Post by Jman »

I think I will start working on a section right now.

Ok, I fixed part of the Rayman 2 section.
ImageImage
6/100 - Not Boon :partyhat:

Kelvin12
Pâquerette
Location: In the back of your head, destroying every bit of knowledge you have.
Tings: 13791

Post by Kelvin12 »

I think I got banned from Wikipedia. :(

My automatic access to Madderrage on Wikipedia isn't working anymore. :(

Anyways, let's expand the Rayman: Animated section into a proper Television Show Section look.

With the videos from StaceyW, we can finally learn more about the production and actors. :)

Here is a proper Television Show section look for short episodes (Spider-Man: The CGI Animated Series with only 13 episodes).

I will update this later.

Jman
Joe

Post by Jman »

Great idea! I should have thought of that sooner.
ImageImage

Kelvin12
Pâquerette

Post by Kelvin12 »

I had tried making a list of who voiced who and it came up like this:

U.S. Cast

Billy West- Rayman, Detective Grub??, Mechanic??
Carlos Alazraqui- Cookie Levaghetto, Rigatoni?
Lacey Chabert- Betina?
Kate Donahue- ???
Carolyn Lawrence- Newspaper Extra Voice
Danny Mann- ???
Candi Milo- Phonophobia/Lyguraphobia Curer?, Grub’s Mom
Kath Soucie- Betina??
Brian Stepanek- Harold (Cookie Man)?

Remember, this list is not an exact list.

The question marks (?) determine how uncertain I am about who voices the characters.

Hopefully Billy West or all the other people I emailed (the voice actors I mean) will reply too.

Notes:

Note 1: Lacey Chabert’s voice for Betina resembled Eliza Thornberry from the Wild Thornberrys (Correct Spelling)

In Rugrats Go Wild, I was finally convinced that Lacey Chabert played Betina (Trailer, after announcer says, Spike finds his voice) but when I saw this video (voice of Kath Soucie as Lola) from Space Jam, I noticed that it resembles Betina’s voice from Big Date so now, I’m confused.

Note 2: I got Rigatoni after watching El Tigre where Carlos voiced Puma Loco but the voice needed a deeper sound.

Note 3: Brian’s voice acting for Harold is based on his voice for Roboat.

Note 4: It is clear that Grub’s Mom is played by Candi to anyone that watches Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends but the curer has little support from me.

Note 5: It is clear that Carlos plays Cookie because in Camp Lazlo, there is a Chef with the same voice as him (who is also played by Carlos).

Note 6: Newspaper Boy Voice is heard in “No Parking.”

Here is also a GIF. image of the whole cartoon credits I made:

Cairnie
Magicien
Tings: 78510

Post by Cairnie »

I'm sure Carolyn Lawrence did the voice for Betina in up to the second episode, because she sounded quite a bit like Sandy Cheeks at times.

BTW I'm scanning the DVD cover right now.

Edit: Here you go.

Jman
Joe

Post by Jman »

Where is the GIF gonna go on the wiki page?
ImageImage

Cairnie
Magicien
Tings: 78510

Post by Cairnie »

I just looked at the Wiki page for the animated series, and god, there's so many things wrong. Here's a list of things I think need to be corrected:

* It never aired in the UK at all. I've only heard of it being aired in France, Germany [Super RTL I think the channel was] and Netherlands, nowhere else.
* The series was made in 1999.
* It may need to have a spoiler tag in the plot section because it's quite detailed.
* Notes may need to be turned to "Trivia" since it's basically facts
* We're also gonna have to link to the series from other Rayman articles [preferably the Series one] somehow so we can get rid of teh orphaned tag.

Before I made an account at Wikipedia, I put the Rayman category in, since it needs a few more categories in.

Edit: Just modified the info box a bit.

Jman
Joe

Post by Jman »

Ok, I will correct it if you haven't.
ImageImage

Kelvin12
Pâquerette

Post by Kelvin12 »

StaceyW wrote:I just looked at the Wiki page for the animated series, and god, there's so many things wrong. Here's a list of things I think need to be corrected:

* It never aired in the UK at all. I've only heard of it being aired in France, Germany [Super RTL I think the channel was] and Netherlands, nowhere else.
* It may need to have a spoiler tag in the plot section because it's quite detailed.
* We're also gonna have to link to the series from other Rayman articles [preferably the Series one] somehow so we can get rid of teh orphaned tag.

Before I made an account at Wikipedia, I put the Rayman category in, since it needs a few more categories in.

I know! I didn't want my IP in there so I left it alone. But, do you know when it aired?

We also could use a Rayman link box like the Spider-Man box.
Jman wrote:Where is the GIF gonna go on the wiki page?
Nowhere, I'm just too lazy to type the credits. You know how long I took trying to figure out the cast?

Edit
StaceyW wrote:I'm sure Carolyn Lawrence did the voice for Betina in up to the second episode, because she sounded quite a bit like Sandy Cheeks at times.

BTW I'm scanning the DVD cover right now.

Edit: Here you go.
It seems that Betina has 3 voices. :/

In No Parking, she sounds like Carolyn, in High Anxiety she sounds like Lacey, and in Big Date she sounds just like Kath Soucie.

Why didn't anyone add the rest English cast yet? It's a total comfirmed cast you know, just not comfirmed characters.

Oh, and we only need the front of the cover, not the back. Sorry if it's too much.

foultzboyz
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by foultzboyz »

StaceyW wrote:I just looked at the Wiki page for the animated series, and god, there's so many things wrong. Here's a list of things I think need to be corrected:

Wow, it seems that most Wikipedians apparently know nothing about Rayman. Anyways, spoiler tags are no longer used for the fact that it is redundant, because if there's a plot section, there's going to be spoilers likely, and the spoiler tag just says it a second time. "Notes" can stay like that, though you can, on the edit page under the section name, put the following tag to notify of trivia:
{{trivia}}
A bot will come around to automatically put the date on the tag, unless you want to do it yourself. (Typically, these types of sections are unencyclopedic and Wikipedia prefers that the stuff be integrated into the article or removed, so that just notifies.) Nice work though.

Kelvin12
Pâquerette

Post by Kelvin12 »

Dear Kelvin,

I'm sorry to say I can't for the life of me remember the character I played. For some reason I've been unable to find the name in my old cast lists and records. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I'm glad you liked the series!

Carolyn

Kelvin12 <[email protected]> wrote:
I saw the credits of "Rayman: The Animated Series" and it comfirmed that you were part of the voice over cast.

All I want to know who you and the rest of the cast (if you know) played as.

Thanks,
Kelvin

NOTE: I should have contacted the following (alphabetical order of course):

Carlos Alazraqui
Carolyn Lawrence
Brian Stepanek
Billy West

If I have contacted the wrong person I am terribly sorry.
--------------

It kind of speaks for it self. :oops2:

BUT I GOT AN EMAIL FROM A VOICE ARTIST! :fou: