Rayman 4 (Phoenix Studio)

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Greeness
Aurora
Tings: 17030

Re: Unseen64 to detail new revelations about Rayman 4!

Post by Greeness »

Drolpiraat wrote:The RRR prototype on the other hand had lots of assets already in engine so I find that one infinitely more interesting. Personally I liked the environments we saw, especially the forest (the one with the pool Rayman jumps over in the trailer) and the place with the huge mushrooms: https://raymanpc.com/wiki/script-en/ima ... dsscan.png
The screenshots are probably both bullshots, but the assets they used existed in the game.:
I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see the RRR prototype, it certainly had a lot more effort already placed into it and I still am curious to see how its motion based aspects were supposed to work with the controls, however the fact that one prototype was more interesting then the other shouldn't mean that it needs to be neglected.
Master wrote:
WizardMinecraft wrote:Remember Rayman 1 and 2 being ported a thousand times on different consoles with little to no positive change on the gameplay and most likely an inferiority to the original release or im just expecting that to happen with every rayman game.
To be fair, those were later generations. I'm OK with a new title being available on all current mainstream consoles and the PC. There was quite a bit of disappointment when Legends was announced to be Wii U exclusive.
As for porting, I'm not too fussed about them in principle, more accessibility to potential new audiences isn't bad. It's the low quality of the ports and how they degrade the original games that is the point of contention. Though of course, I think at this point, most would prefer a remastered port at the least rather than another yoink and plonk port.
I personally think that unless the port takes a major downgrade, it's harmless and sometimes great to get more people familier with the games.
In terms of a reamaster, I would probably like something that combines all of the greatest things from each version of Rayman 2, because while the differences in each version increase replay value, the consoles these ports have originated on are starting to get old and I think all of that work should be preserved in one package.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.
Lil_DRE
Pti-lote
Tings: 2845

Post by Lil_DRE »

Summarizing all this, Rayman 4 will never exist and it will only be a simple myth (what it means is that I lost all faith)
-You probably want to know where I got that picture of Barbara :shock:
-You probably want to know what the Synthwave has to do with Barbara :confus:
-You probably want to stop reading this :fou:
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Huh? What about Michel's Instagram post? That happened way after all this.
Lil_DRE
Pti-lote
Tings: 2845

Post by Lil_DRE »

Only announced that about the "possible" Rayman 4, but it is expected nothing more, may in the future announce or expose a small preview of rayman 4 minimum a poster or a teaser.
-You probably want to know where I got that picture of Barbara :shock:
-You probably want to know what the Synthwave has to do with Barbara :confus:
-You probably want to stop reading this :fou:
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Oh boy, that Rayman Land thing. I had forgotten about this already and it came back. One more reason why I am relieved that the title did not move forward.
Droolie wrote: By the way, reading that scan again revealed this:
YOU PROMISED US MICHEL! :lol:
A Dejá-Vu happened with Rayman Origins: we got promised that we would have answers to many questions about the lore in the final game. We know what happened later. And lets not forget the "many surprises" of the Definitive Edition of Legends for Switch, also from Michel Ancel's wordings. Lets drop here it again for those who want to recheck:

Ah, promises. :roll:
#Rubber mark#
Murfy
Tings: 83021

Post by #Rubber mark# »

Haruko wrote:A Dejá-Vu happened with Rayman Origins: we got promised that we would have answers to many questions about the lore in the final game. We know what happened later. And lets not forget the "many surprises" of the Definitive Edition of Legends for Switch, also from Michel Ancel's wordings. Lets drop here it again for those who want to recheck:
Ï hàdn't séén thât vìdéô béfôrè, ànd ït's qùìtè à sùrprìsé. Màybé sôméthìng hàppènéd thàt Äncél hâd nô côntrôl ôvér?
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

I couldn't find a better topic for this, but RobinRayman posted this on Twitter:
I guess since we're all a bit disappointed about no Rayman in smash, have some old Rayman 4 Phoenix Proto Concept Art/Screenshots donated by an anonymous donor in the community!😊

@RaymanForSmash

@RaymanFacts

#RaymanForSmash #SmashBrosUltimate #gaming

What do you think of this? Can we trust this anonymous person?
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

They look amazing. Also, the characters on the windows look like OCs to me :mrgreen:.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

That's quite interesting, those are full 3D renderings, and I did not expect development to have gone so far. Maybe we'll eventually learn more about the source to confirm the authenticity of those images?
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

So do we know if it's legit?
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Well, the images have been already uploaded to the wiki, so I hope they're legit.
Last edited by Elite Piranha on Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

They're unlike anything we've seen before, but I can't see anyone going to the effort of doing all that work in an actual game engine to fake them. Then again there was that fake Smash leak a few years back…
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Considering that things like the Super Mario 64 Beta Archive ARG exist, there are definitely people that are willing to do the effort to create content that could look like real beta material.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Elite Piranha wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:33 pm Well, the images have been already uploaded to the wiki, so I hope they're legit.
RayCarrot is the one who uploaded them, I will check with him and let you know later.
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

I don't know why you guys are skeptical. These images are legitimate. They are not in-engine screenshots, but target renders captured in 3ds Max (as shown by the text in the top left and gizmo in the bottom left of some of these images). I guess the ones with the "psp" prefix were tests for a psp version.

A lot of the assets in "Band Land" (given how one of the bushes is cello-shaped, the pointy rocks are ocarinas and the flat rocks on the left are piano keys, yes that's Band Land) have the same style as the ones shown in this image found a few months ago:
6279947 (2).jpeg
6279947 (2).jpeg (511.28 KiB) Viewed 2342 times
Perhaps this one should be added to the wiki too.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I'm not really skeptical or anything, and I have no particular reason to believe those are fake, but we owe it to our readers to perform due diligence on content uploaded to the wiki, hence my asking RayCarrot. Turns out all he was told is that they're from a former developer who wishes to remain anonymous, so I doubt we'll ever learn more about it. I have added those details to the wiki yesterday for the sake of transparency, all while underlining the similarities between those new images and older material.

Also, thanks for reminding us about Gaël Chaize's artwork, it's in the article now. :)
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

Hunchman801 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:31 amAlso, thanks for reminding us about Gaël Chaize's artwork, it's in the article now. :)
Thanks! :D One correction though, the bit about Band Land was about this image here, not the forest from Gaël Chaize's portfolio:

Sorry if that was a bit confusing ^^'
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Thanks, it should be good now.
Sheepish
Tribelle
Tings: 260

Rayman 4 twitter thread

Post by Sheepish »

Just saw this posted 7 hours ago: [Link to deleted Tweet redacted]

Describes a lot of interactions with people who worked on Rayman. It's a long read but goes over small bits of Rayman 4. It's not exactly a bringer of good emotions but still interesting
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Re: Rayman 4 twitter thread

Post by Hunchman801 »

The tweets appear to be unavailable, do you happen to have saved their content?