Unseen64 to detail new revelations about Rayman 4!

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur
Tings: 16900

Re: Unseen64 to detail new revelations about Rayman 4!

Post by Greeness » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:40 pm

Drolpiraat wrote:The RRR prototype on the other hand had lots of assets already in engine so I find that one infinitely more interesting. Personally I liked the environments we saw, especially the forest (the one with the pool Rayman jumps over in the trailer) and the place with the huge mushrooms: https://raymanpc.com/wiki/script-en/ima ... dsscan.png
The screenshots are probably both bullshots, but the assets they used existed in the game.:
I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see the RRR prototype, it certainly had a lot more effort already placed into it and I still am curious to see how its motion based aspects were supposed to work with the controls, however the fact that one prototype was more interesting then the other shouldn't mean that it needs to be neglected.
Master wrote:
WizardMinecraft wrote:Remember Rayman 1 and 2 being ported a thousand times on different consoles with little to no positive change on the gameplay and most likely an inferiority to the original release or im just expecting that to happen with every rayman game.
To be fair, those were later generations. I'm OK with a new title being available on all current mainstream consoles and the PC. There was quite a bit of disappointment when Legends was announced to be Wii U exclusive.
As for porting, I'm not too fussed about them in principle, more accessibility to potential new audiences isn't bad. It's the low quality of the ports and how they degrade the original games that is the point of contention. Though of course, I think at this point, most would prefer a remastered port at the least rather than another yoink and plonk port.
I personally think that unless the port takes a major downgrade, it's harmless and sometimes great to get more people familier with the games.
In terms of a reamaster, I would probably like something that combines all of the greatest things from each version of Rayman 2, because while the differences in each version increase replay value, the consoles these ports have originated on are starting to get old and I think all of that work should be preserved in one package.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.

Lil_DRE
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 2815

Post by Lil_DRE » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:39 pm

Summarizing all this, Rayman 4 will never exist and it will only be a simple myth (what it means is that I lost all faith)
-You probably want to know where I got that picture of Barbara :shock:
-You probably want to know what the Synthwave has to do with Barbara :confus:
-You probably want to stop reading this :fou:

PluMGMK
Pâquerette
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Tings: 13873

Post by PluMGMK » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:56 pm

Huh? What about Michel's Instagram post? That happened way after all this.

Lil_DRE
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 2815

Post by Lil_DRE » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:43 am

Only announced that about the "possible" Rayman 4, but it is expected nothing more, may in the future announce or expose a small preview of rayman 4 minimum a poster or a teaser.
-You probably want to know where I got that picture of Barbara :shock:
-You probably want to know what the Synthwave has to do with Barbara :confus:
-You probably want to stop reading this :fou:

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:19 pm

Oh boy, that Rayman Land thing. I had forgotten about this already and it came back. One more reason why I am relieved that the title did not move forward.
Droolie wrote: By the way, reading that scan again revealed this:
YOU PROMISED US MICHEL! :lol:
A Dejá-Vu happened with Rayman Origins: we got promised that we would have answers to many questions about the lore in the final game. We know what happened later. And lets not forget the "many surprises" of the Definitive Edition of Legends for Switch, also from Michel Ancel's wordings. Lets drop here it again for those who want to recheck:
Ah, promises. :roll:

#Rubber mark#
Bétilla
Tings: 82196

Post by #Rubber mark# » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:29 pm

Haruko wrote:A Dejá-Vu happened with Rayman Origins: we got promised that we would have answers to many questions about the lore in the final game. We know what happened later. And lets not forget the "many surprises" of the Definitive Edition of Legends for Switch, also from Michel Ancel's wordings. Lets drop here it again for those who want to recheck:
Ï hàdn't séén thât vìdéô béfôrè, ànd ït's qùìtè à sùrprìsé. Màybé sôméthìng hàppènéd thàt Äncél hâd nô côntrôl ôvér?
Image Image