Rayman Adventures

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49982
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 404000

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Master » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:02 pm

The bodies were never found...
Image

OCG
Roméo Patti
Posts: 18552
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:24 am
Location: RPC Pirate Ship
Contact:
Tings: 9820

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by OCG » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:22 pm

Bradandez wrote:
Haruka wrote:Got to love the continuity errors of this team since Origins. :lol:
Continuity errors have been occurring since Rayman 2! :P
Which ones?
Image
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

SpyroGuy
Razoff
Posts: 553
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:10 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:
Tings: 7316

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by SpyroGuy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:29 pm

OCG wrote: Which ones?
Image

spiraldoor
Mr Dark
Posts: 12391
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:13 pm
Tings: 156595

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by spiraldoor » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Master wrote:Continuity? What is that?

In all fairness, I'm kinda wondering if the multiverse idea would make a better headcanon, rather than trying to tie things together.
The games are literally a dream. There are no continuity errors, and there never can be.

Bionichute
Glombrox
Posts: 948
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:02 am
Tings: 12145

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Bionichute » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:37 pm

Nobody really got back to me on the Ubisoft servers being down or not.
Image

Imco
Clark
Posts: 9583
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:16 pm
Location: Somewhere only we know
Contact:
Tings: 123535

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Imco » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:41 pm

Bionichute wrote:Nobody really got back to me on the Ubisoft servers being down or not.
I would have, but I simply don't know haha
Image
Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur:

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49982
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 404000

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Master » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:44 pm

spiraldoor wrote:
Master wrote:Continuity? What is that?

In all fairness, I'm kinda wondering if the multiverse idea would make a better headcanon, rather than trying to tie things together.
The games are literally a dream. There are no continuity errors, and there never can be.
I know, I've long accepted that trying to make sense of the Rayman series is a pointless endeavour. Pointless as it is though, I don't see any harm in making up ideas for the sake of it.
Image

Comment ?
Rayman Origins
Posts: 6148
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:54 am
Location: fuck
Contact:
Tings: 619919

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Comment ? » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:28 am

Why do the fans seem to care more than the game makers? :tssk:
Image Image Image
Haruka wrote:The Life Statue in part 1 can be reached by fisting a Pink Ring

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Posts: 12553
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:36 pm
Location: Right here, right now!
Tings: 176605

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Rayfist » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:34 am

I've noticed this fandom tends to make lots of theories to accommodate for the rather shallow plots of the recent games. I guess you'll all be super happy to know ROTD will be R1/R2 fanservice galore. :p
Image
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Bionichute
Glombrox
Posts: 948
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:02 am
Tings: 12145

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Bionichute » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:32 pm

Still getting errors, and I have no idea if it's Ubisoft's fault or just a problem on my end. Should I try contacting them to see if I can work things out?
Image

OCG
Roméo Patti
Posts: 18552
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:24 am
Location: RPC Pirate Ship
Contact:
Tings: 9820

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by OCG » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:46 pm

They respond reasonably fast. I think you should.
Image
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Bradandez
Globox
Posts: 18589
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:50 am
Tings: 137530

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Bradandez » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:20 am

Rayfist wrote:I've noticed this fandom tends to make lots of theories to accommodate for the rather shallow plots of the recent games.
*cough*Like plots really matter over fantastic gameplay.*cough*
Ahem, jeez I think I'm getting sick. Rather chilly weather here.

As of this server issues, both Jungle Run and Fiesta Run have their servers down. Some people claim they can't download the extra levels or additional content. Ubisoft has not made a comment on the issue as of late.
Bionichute wrote:Uh, she's still called a barbarian guys. No need to boon, Brad just messed up. Again.
I never said that she was referred as a viking in-game. I said she was referred to as a viking by the description of the app.
Image
It's from Ubisoft themselves, so yeah... :boon:
OCG wrote:Which ones?
The major continuity errors are the disappearance of characters (Ly, Clark, Sssam, all other Raypeople, etc.) and the constant changing of Rayman's world.

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Posts: 12553
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:36 pm
Location: Right here, right now!
Tings: 176605

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Rayfist » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:25 am

Bradandez wrote:*cough*Like plots really matter over fantastic gameplay.*cough*
Ahem, jeez I think I'm getting sick. Rather chilly weather here.
Yeah, so how about Rayman falls under the same genre as every other platformer on the market? Nothing to seperate it from other platformers.
What's wrong with an added bonus to add substance or fluidity to the genre? I swear you despise innovation. New Super Mario Bros games are perfect for you. ;)
Image
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Bradandez
Globox
Posts: 18589
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:50 am
Tings: 137530

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Bradandez » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:29 am

I'm not knocking a good story in a game. Hell, I would love if Rayman Origins/Legends had cutscenes, especially with the artstyles they have are brimmed with potential. But you guys are quick to take jabs at these games for not having a plot. I'm just saying that no plot doesn't hinder what Origins and Legends are, which is being near perfect 2D platformers.

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Posts: 12553
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:36 pm
Location: Right here, right now!
Tings: 176605

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Rayfist » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:31 am

Bradandez wrote: But you guys are quick to take jabs at these games for not having a plot.
So what the fuck is wrong with having a small plot? It doesn't have to be anything unnecessarily complex.
Bradandez wrote:what Origins and Legends are, which is being near perfect 2D platformers.
Except Origins the whole way through literally feels like New Super Mario Bros. Don't get me wrong, I think Origins did it far superior but at the same time I literally feel like I'm playing NSMB. I'm not knocking on Origins, but unlike the original trilogy it hardly offers much new from what others platformers did aside from it's unique art style.
Image
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Bradandez
Globox
Posts: 18589
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:50 am
Tings: 137530

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Bradandez » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:53 am

Rayfist wrote:
Bradandez wrote: But you guys are quick to take jabs at these games for not having a plot.
So what the fuck is wrong with having a small plot? It doesn't have to be anything unnecessarily complex.
Except, Origins and Legends did have plot, albeit very minuscule and simple plots. Both games have purpose why Rayman and friends are slapping their way through the Glade of Dreams. Origins had them gathering Electoons to fix the Bubble Dreamer and Legends had them put a stop to the new nightmares and Ales & the Dark Teensies. But do people think that's good enough? A big no right there, pal.

Rayfist wrote:Except Origins the whole way through literally feels like New Super Mario Bros. Don't get me wrong, I think Origins did it far superior but at the same time I literally feel like I'm playing NSMB. I'm not knocking on Origins, but unlike the original trilogy it hardly offers much new from what others platformers did aside from it's unique art style.
Yeah, but that does that excuse of them being lesser games? No. And Legends improved on that formula. It gave us 5 player co-op, online challenges, musical maps, an entire new minigame just for local multiplayer. (Also, I know I shouldn't, but I'm going to throw Rayman 2 under the bus (what a surprise). But 2 did less than other 3D platformers did in its era.)

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Posts: 12553
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:36 pm
Location: Right here, right now!
Tings: 176605

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Rayfist » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:02 am

Bradandez wrote:Except, Origins and Legends did have plot, albeit very minuscule and simple plots. Both games have purpose why Rayman and friends are slapping their way through the Glade of Dreams. Origins had them gathering Electoons to fix the Bubble Dreamer and Legends had them put a stop to the new nightmares and Ales & the Dark Teensies. But do people think that's good enough? A big no right there, pal.
There was hardly any plot set up, and what was given to us only left us with questions. Aside from the VITA port which detailed to us how Rayman got his hair and how he apparently has a wife, the game isn't even about Rayman's 'Origins' for the most part. Remember Origins was planned to have a story. There was no character development at all. Of course people aren't satisfied. We don't need a Mario-esque plot in a Rayman game. Origins leaves you with so many questions, it shows interest for the series. Even a game with a rather shallow plot such as Rayman 1 had more of a developed world surrounding it.
Bradandez wrote:5 player co-op
New Super Mario Bros U
Bradandez wrote: online challenges
Every endless Iphone runner
Bradandez wrote:musical maps
Patapon
Bradandez wrote:an entire new minigame just for local multiplayer.
Rayman Revolution
Bradandez wrote: But 2 did less than other 3D platformers did in its era.
Except having an incredible combat system that was made even better in Rayman 3. Rayman 2 was VERY combat oriented. I get you hate the fact Rayman 2 is the most liked, but I do truly fear that is blinding you from what R2 did right. There were not many platformers in the market that were combat oriented, yet still platform heavy. Rayman 2 while not super heavy in it's plot like others make it, introduced a very dark world, and introduced us themes of "freedom" that not many other games have, how we see a small resistance group against a group of elite pirates is truly something noteworthy. You see this theme in a lot of movies.
Image
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Bradandez
Globox
Posts: 18589
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:50 am
Tings: 137530

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Bradandez » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:19 am

Rayfist wrote:There was hardly any plot set up, and what was given to us only left us with questions. Aside from the VITA port which detailed to us how Rayman got his hair and how he apparently has a wife, the game isn't even about Rayman's 'Origins' for the most part. Remember Origins was planned to have a story. There was no character development at all. Of course people aren't satisfied. We don't need a Mario-esque plot in a Rayman game. Origins leaves you with so many questions, it shows interest for the series. Even a game with a rather shallow plot such as Rayman 1 had more of a developed world surrounding it.
Does everyone forget the reason why Origins is still in the title? You know it's going back to Rayman's ORIGINS in 2D platforming. For the games Origins/Legends are, the plot set-up is fitting. And Murfy in the beginning of the game clearly tells about how the Bubble Dreamer has been gone crazy and after what happen in the cinematic intro, it should be clear on why.
Rayfist wrote:Except having an incredible combat system that was made even better in Rayman 3. Rayman 2 was VERY combat oriented. I get you hate the fact Rayman 2 is the most liked, but I do truly fear that is blinding you from what R2 did right. There were not many platformers in the market that were combat oriented, yet still platform heavy. Rayman 2 while not super heavy in it's plot like others make it, introduced a very dark world, and introduced us themes of "freedom" that no other games have, how we see a small resistance group against a group of elite pirates is truly something noteworthy. You see this theme in a lot of movies.
I said improved. Not invented. All those examples you listed are right, but I'm saying Legends did improve on them. Murfy can manipulate the environments way more than whatever NSMBU did. Not gonna dwell into this deeper. But even so if R2 was combat oriented, it did not do it too its full potential. The game gave you little to no use with its combat seeing as you mostly fight one enemy at a time. The theme of freedom is something you do rarely see, but my point is that if plot is the most important thing when it comes to games, then I'd rather be watching a movie.

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Posts: 12553
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:36 pm
Location: Right here, right now!
Tings: 176605

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Rayfist » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:40 am

Bradandez wrote:Does everyone forget the reason why Origins is still in the title? You know it's going back to Rayman's ORIGINS in 2D platforming.
No, I'm aware of why it's called Origins, but that obviously wasn't the initial reason. It's a fine way to set up things, but otherwise nothing else notable happens midway. They set up the universe but they kind of abruptly leave with that. Not to mention Origins had a horrible final boss (I'm talking about the final boss with the Magician, not Big mama.) Not to mention both games have half-assed endings. And both games are very vague on the Magician.
Bradandez wrote: For the games Origins/Legends are, the plot set-up is fitting. And Murfy in the beginning of the game clearly tells about how the Bubble Dreamer has been gone crazy and after what happen in the cinematic intro, it should be clear on why.
I discussed "why"? Why is the magician now a teensie (Speaking on Origins behalf, not Legends)? You can argue "ohhh well he's a magician see?" I'm asking for an answer on the developers behalf, not a 'theory' you made up. And also who is Rayman's wife? How the world is set up isn't anything noteable in the 2d platforming genre.
Bradandez wrote:But even so if R2 was combat oriented, it did not do it too its full potential.
It could have been more fleshed out, but what's also an interesting question is how many combat/beat em ups have you actually played? Oh right.
Bradandez wrote:The game gave you little to no use with its combat seeing as you mostly fight one enemy at a time.
There were definitely moments where you did indeed have to fight three pirates on the screen, or were raided by them (Revolution).
Admittedly maybe it was little, but that doesn't change the fact combat was awesome, being able to strafe from side to side and avoid bullets sort of matrix style was pretty nice. Sure it isn't as fleshed out as other beat em ups as say, Devil May Cry, but the fact it could swiftly go about from platforming to beat em up is pretty ground breaking and new for the platforming genre. Many platformers were not nearly as combat oriented.
Bradandez wrote:I said improved. Not invented. All those examples you listed are right, but I'm saying Legends did improve on them.
Arguably Patapon is a rhythm game entirely while Legends only has them as 'side' levels, though I'll let that NSMBU reason pass because you raise a decent point on that one. RL is arguably one of the few Wii U titles that actually did something useful with the gamepad.
Bradandez wrote:The theme of freedom is something you do rarely see
Subjective, but my point still stands that was not a huge trend amongst the 3d platforming genre.
Bradandez wrote:but my point is that if plot is the most important thing when it comes to games, then I'd rather be watching a movie
Well there's a reason why games like Final Fantasy and MGS exist, to build a story around the universe. And while Rayman 2's wasn't nearly as complex as either of those it still carried on the torch. Some people really enjoy those games, myself included.
Image
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Bionichute
Glombrox
Posts: 948
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:02 am
Tings: 12145

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Bionichute » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:03 pm

This is a nice little argument you guys have got going, but I noticed that it has literally nothing to do with Rayman Adventures.
Image

Post Reply