Rayman Adventures

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Lochy
Ptizêtre Femme
Tings: 1985

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Lochy »

The dev team has gotta make a new patch to fix the new issues that have cropped up as of recently.

syntheticgerbil
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by syntheticgerbil »

Haha I haven't checked the official forums in years.

It would seem I am not the only one: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/14 ... b80580fe45

Maybe it's just if you are unlucky enough to get this particular level you are screwed? Definitely seems like a programmer fucked up.

Lochy
Ptizêtre Femme

Post by Lochy »

syntheticgerbil wrote:Haha I haven't checked the official forums in years.

It would seem I am not the only one: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/14 ... b80580fe45

Maybe it's just if you are unlucky enough to get this particular level you are screwed? Definitely seems like a programmer fucked up.
God I hope they fix it soon. Even though I haven't encountered the issue I do not want to end up dealing with it.

Yharu
Paluchard
Tings: 225

Post by Yharu »

It seems like I am also one of the unlucky people who got into that level. Hope they fix it soon.
We're so irrational your rules do not apply.

http://yharuhasaiko.deviantart.com/

RibShark
Tribelle
Tings: 55

Post by RibShark »

Meanwhile me and some other users are having an issue regarding an infinite load when hatching an egg. They really should test a bit more thorougly.

Lochy
Ptizêtre Femme

Post by Lochy »

RibShark wrote:Meanwhile me and some other users are having an issue regarding an infinite load when hatching an egg. They really should test a bit more thorougly.
I am sorry to hear that is happening to you and others. I think it has something to do with the game trying to give you a duplicate egg but it is not in the data to give you said duplicate because they don't exist anymore. This must cause the game to look for algorithms and code that doesn't exist, causing infinite loading.
Or at least that is my take on it.

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

And here's me with a fully functional download of the game. Have had no problems whatsoever.

Lochy
Ptizêtre Femme

Post by Lochy »

Bradandez wrote:And here's me with a fully functional download of the game. Have had no problems whatsoever.
I have not had any issues as of yet but you never know when you may have one. Maybe you just haven't gotten that glitch level yet.

RayCarrot
Uglette
Tings: 25944

Post by RayCarrot »

Well I've played through all new levels (because it's been recycling old ones for quite a while now) and I haven't run into any problems. However, in an adventure I did get just one level from another adventure in the same world. Maybe they've removed that broken level and temporarily replaced it with that level?

Sabertooth
Joe
Tings: 53315

Post by Sabertooth »

Why the hell are we incubating wooden eggs? They're made of wood, just break them open!
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:

Lochy
Ptizêtre Femme

Post by Lochy »

Sabertooth wrote:Why the hell are we incubating wooden eggs? They're made of wood, just break them open!
My thoughts exactly.

sergiomonty
Antitoon

Post by sergiomonty »

I don't want to be that guy...

I don't want to be that guy...

I don't want to be that guy........

...so....

...guys...

aren't those new enemies kinda... you know...

racist?
Bradandez wrote:
RibShark wrote:Me and got4n have looked at the file names and all three (and there are only 3) new enemies are in the ninja folder. The blue one is referred to as "basic hatman" or "hat", the yellow one is referred to as "basic swordman" or "swd" and the red one is referred to as "dualswdjumping" or "dualswd". These don't give clear names (and 'basic' may not even be a part of their names but an adjective about the sprites) but we could make up something for the time being, like "Hatman Ninja", "Swordman Ninja" and "Dual Swordman Ninja".
Wow. Those are really unimaginative names. I like my suggestions better. Swordsman is clearly referencing Kill Bill.

*sigh* all right, I'll tell him. No, Brad, they're not inspired by Kill Bill, even if you recognize the jumpsuit from that.

Their haircut makes it clear that they're based on Bruce Lee.

EDIT:
However, I'll give yo some credit, since the black line in the middle of the jumpsuit seems sorta inspired by Kill Bill.
That guy has a badoo account too. :lol: -Harpic fraîcheur

Sergaymonty~

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez »

The enemies look like them Ching Chongs. What's racist about that?

And I'm so sorry! Excuse my lack of knowledge of Bruce Lee, Mr. I Know Everything about Bruce Lee. The connection between the resemblance of the enemy and Kill Bill came to mind faster because I knew more about KB than BL. Crucify me.

Lochy
Ptizêtre Femme

Post by Lochy »

That's a quality post right there ^
(Actually chuckled a little)

sergiomonty
Antitoon

Post by sergiomonty »

Bradandez wrote:Crucify me.
I should.

And, well... I don't know, I just saw the enemies and went "ough.... that looks kinda wrong..." and I'm not one of those SJW guys. Maybe it's because the Rayman universe is usually more focused on fantasy. You know, ogres, skelletons, warriors and zombies, and these guys are just.... small 40's stereotypes of chinese people.
That guy has a badoo account too. :lol: -Harpic fraîcheur

Sergaymonty~

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez »

Also, Mr. I Know Everything about Bruce Lee, wasn't Bruce Lee a martial artist and didn't wield swords while Kill Bill did?

Thought so. Now excuse me, I got some great Barbara R34 to touch myself to, fag.

Bionichute
Glombrox
Tings: 12145

Post by Bionichute »

The enemies are horrifically racists caricatures, and even worse, they're also horrifically insulting to Bruce Lee himself.

I know for a fact that this wasn't done out of malice, French people are apparently racist against basically everyone that isn't French, but whenever I played one of those levels, it just felt wrong and bad.

And yeah, there's the fact that that kind of pop culture thing really doesn't work in Rayman. They could have at least made them all generic oni or demons, that would have fit with the world and not be offensive.

Lochy
Ptizêtre Femme

Post by Lochy »

Well considering the level has an asian setting to it, why couldn't they have done dragon enemies similiar to the dragon chef in Origins? They really could have chosen any animal or beast in asian culture but they choose.... asian stereotypes?

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez »

Thank god nobody knows about Rayman or the team would have gotten hell for this.

The only way to defeat this racism is with even more racism. They must add more racial stereotyping enemies. It's the only solution.

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9820

Post by OCG »

I have to agree with Sergio. I am sure that Asian Rayman fans do not appreciate it (then again, we could ask that Chinese RPC user for his opinion on it).

Also regarding that level, what if its not unfinished but actually made like that on purpose because they wanted it to be tough? :P
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image