Rayman Adventures

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Dart
Aglagl
Tings: 49835

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Dart »

sergiomonty wrote: AAAAAND this...

That little dude looks familiar, I think I watched a video with him in it on youtube, it was heartwarming (pun-intended).

syntheticgerbil
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by syntheticgerbil »

Haha oops, wow those are really great. That little fire dude running around is some amazing animation!

Indy
Bégoniax
Location: Echoing Caves and my work department in a corner of my house.
Tings: 6345

Post by Indy »

I haven't read a "is this racist or not" debate in forever, and I find this amusing. I can't wait for Tumblr to beat a dead horse over it. :fou:
PSN: Toxic_Dragon_96
Twitter: DeltaVelocity

Rulez
Robot
Tings: 2285

Post by Rulez »

See, Sergio, you don't suck nearly as much black dick as previously thought! Props to you, my lover. :coeur:

sergiomonty
Antitoon

Post by sergiomonty »

Indy wrote:I haven't read a "is this racist or not" debate in forever, and I find this amusing. I can't wait for Tumblr to beat a dead horse over it. :fou:
Except they won't care because this game is pretty niché

That reminds me.

Guys, did you take the survey? I got many weird feelings while completing it, it felt pretty... self-despective, in a subtle way of course. Most of the survey was pretty much "is anything about this game good enough to be at least recycled on a sequel?" "why don't you buy these things? are they too expensive?", "are these new characters worthy?" and "Do you still care about Rayman as an app?".

It was interesting, but it also made me feel like Rayman Adventures is having a truly bad time.
That guy has a badoo account too. :lol: -Harpic fraîcheur

Sergaymonty~

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

I've taken it multiple times. Just to vote for Barbara multiple times as being the best character in the franchise.

incognito
Électoon

Post by incognito »

Where is the survey ? I've plenty of words to give to Ubisoft! They should bite the pillow as I'm gonna go in dry ! :evil:
Damn, I really laughed hard while writing that post.

sergiomonty
Antitoon

Post by sergiomonty »

Bradandez wrote:I've taken it multiple times. Just to vote for Barbara multiple times as being the best character in the franchise.
What a coincidence! I voted for Barbara!

...to be removed. :hinhinhin:
incognito wrote:Where is the survey ? I've plenty of words to give to Ubisoft! They should bite the pillow as I'm gonna go in dry ! :evil:
Damn, I really laughed hard while writing that post.
It's in the app itself, in the "Rayman Channel" button during the title screen. You should seriously take the survey, it's very aimed towards the fans.

Heck, the survey itself actually cares about how much story we want in the next Rayman game. So take it. Like. Now.

Just saying.

Sergaymonty~

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez »

Haha, you think I'm stupid? There's no question like that in the survey, you big dopey, drooling, r-tarded, n-word, racist, bigotted, stupid, fagited, sack of crap, women hating jerk face.

Fifo
Uglette
Tings: 26680

Post by Fifo »

Bradandez wrote:you big dopey, drooling, r-tarded, n-word, racist, bigotted, stupid, fagited, sack of crap, women hating jerk face.
lol that string of insults xD

incognito
Électoon

Post by incognito »

sergiomonty wrote: Heck, the survey itself actually cares about how much story we want in the next Rayman game. So take it. Like. Now.
Just saying.
Screw that. I ain't gonna take an app just for a survey, even if the envy to vote that all characters created since origins sucks is strong.

These characters are unworthy, nothing good is to be taken as a sequel, except Id you're aiming the 8 - 13 years old, and Brad.

And I never cared about Rayman as a gosh darn app.

Dynamite.

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez »

Wait, Incog, do you even play Rayman games? I legit never seen you post anything but cringe posts here.

incognito
Électoon

Post by incognito »

I have to admit that I have lost complete interest in the Rayman franchise since Legends, and also of Ubisoft since Farcry 4 DX11 only.
Everything they do disappoints me.
At times I still play Rayman 3 and Rayman M, and Rayman2 PS1 on my psp.
But no more 2d titles.
The problem is that Ubi doesn't longer care about the quality of his game, but only relies on the fandom it already has to make money.
They release the game, like FarCry Primal or Rayman Legends, and all the fandom follows like gentle puppies.
At least id software and Bethesda cares about the quality of their games, I was never disappointed. It may be the time if it continues like that, to sell the Rayman franchise to another studio who cares a little more of their character.

Look, Adsolution cares more than All Ubisoft !
Rayman is not longer a hero, just a douche you choose to play as in the main menu.

Indy
Bégoniax
Location: Echoing Caves and my work department in a corner of my house.
Tings: 6345

Post by Indy »

Bradandez wrote:Haha, you think I'm stupid? There's no question like that in the survey, you big dopey, drooling, r-tarded, n-word, racist, bigotted, stupid, fagited, sack of crap, women hating jerk face.
But hey, look! It's Starlord everybody!
PSN: Toxic_Dragon_96
Twitter: DeltaVelocity

Dart
Aglagl
Tings: 49835

Post by Dart »

incognito wrote:The problem is that Ubi doesn't longer care about the quality of his game, but only relies on the fandom it already has to make money.
They release the game, like FarCry Primal or Rayman Legends, and all the fandom follows like gentle puppies.
At least id software and Bethesda cares about the quality of their games, I was never disappointed. It may be the time if it continues like that, to sell the Rayman franchise to another studio who cares a little more of their character.

Look, Adsolution cares more than All Ubisoft !
Rayman is not longer a hero, just a douche you choose to play as in the main menu.
Okay, so maybe you've never seen any of the developer interviews about the Ubiart Rayman titles, but these people clearly care the franchise; just because they've (for now) settled on a style doesn't mean they're as pretentious as you make them out to be. In fact I'd argue it's great that we've had a consistent style to the franchise for the past 5 years, cause it means the games can be more recognizable to the casual-family audience, which whether you like it or not, is more Rayman's audience than the "MLG gotta shoot fast COD and GTA 4lyf3" audience.

As for comparing Legends to Far Cry, there's a rather glaring issue with that, namely that it's the Montpelier studio that develops the Rayman games, while the Montreal team directs Far Cry. Sure there's still corporate bullshit and helping between different the studios, but they're directed by entirely different people with entirely different ideas and opinions so.... :|

I'm going to try to end this as positively as possible by saying just because some people prefer the original era, a few the Rabbids trilogy, and others the Ubiart era, doesn't mean that the developers don't care about the franchise, which I think is evidenced when you play the games. Hell, why would Ubi-Maya have even bothered frequenting RPC if the staff didn't give a gosh-darn about us? :lol: I say all this as a long-term fan of the franchise who, like many others here, have seen the franchise shift and change in several directions since it's inception ("Maths & English with Rayman" anyone?) and someone who genuenly enjoys all the games, even the poopy ones.

sergiomonty
Antitoon

Post by sergiomonty »

incognito wrote:The problem is that Ubi doesn't longer care about the quality of his game, but only relies on the fandom it already has to make money.
incognito wrote: Look, Adsolution cares more than All Ubisoft !
:roll:

Your arguments can be easily summed up in: "I want my edgy Rayman back".

Some people like to confuse quality with nostalgia feeding.

Sergaymonty~

syntheticgerbil
Électoon

Post by syntheticgerbil »

incognito wrote:I have to admit that I have lost complete interest in the Rayman franchise since Legends, and also of Ubisoft since Farcry 4 DX11 only.
Everything they do disappoints me.
I loved Origins and Legends, but Rayman Adventures is the first game I hate. I am actually ready to be done with the franchise because supposedly Michel Ancel was transitioning out of Ubisoft, but his name as a director is at the very top of the credits. Part of it is the free to play, but the grinding here is ridiculous. The levels aren't very involved outside of the seeker ones and the enemies just kind of stand there. I hope to never see a Rayman like this again.

I probably hate a lot of side Rayman games, but I can't fully remember, I remember the cell phone games and Rayman 2 on GBC being pretty bad. I was also never into Rayman Rush/Arena/M, felt like those were bad. All of the DS Rabbids games are terrible except maybe the first one starring Rayman but I guess those can't be counted. Some of them are great like Rayman 3 GBA though.

I had high hopes for Rayman Adventures at least as a fun arcadey style experience because Rayman Jungle Run and Fiesta Run were so fun and often times challenging. They also ended. Even though those recycled all assets from Origins and Legends like Adventures does I feel like they at least put a fresh spin on the design with the endless running.

It might actually be the last Rayman game designed with Ancel if Ubisoft press releases are to be believed, then he is only working on Beyond Good and Evil 2 part time, while Wild is consuming his life I'm sure because it looks sort of massive. I don't see the point of continuing the series without the director/creator there. If there's a new Metal Gear Solid, I won't bother with Kojima gone.

sergiomonty
Antitoon

Post by sergiomonty »

syntheticgerbil wrote: I loved Origins and Legends, but Rayman Adventures is the first game I hate. I am actually ready to be done with the franchise because supposedly Michel Ancel was transitioning out of Ubisoft, but his name as a director is at the very top of the credits. Part of it is the free to play, but the grinding here is ridiculous. The levels aren't very involved outside of the seeker ones and the enemies just kind of stand there. I hope to never see a Rayman like this again.
Yo. It's just an app. Apps are, like, a side thing, you know. A secondary product.
It's like hating on a Zelda t-shirt for not being open world.

Sergaymonty~

Sabertooth
Joe
Tings: 53315

Post by Sabertooth »

syntheticgerbil wrote:It might actually be the last Rayman game designed with Ancel if Ubisoft press releases are to be believed, then he is only working on Beyond Good and Evil 2 part time, while Wild is consuming his life I'm sure because it looks sort of massive. I don't see the point of continuing the series without the director/creator there. If there's a new Metal Gear Solid, I won't bother with Kojima gone.
Did you not like Rayman 3? Ancel had nothing to do with that game and it was great. I don't think who the developer is really matters in this case, as long as they have a passion for the franchise.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:

Yharu
Paluchard
Tings: 225

Post by Yharu »

Woah! How much time have I slept on my books to miss all this posts?! :fou:
Seriously though, I really want the Rayman series to continue, but if there's going to be a new director for a (hopefully) next chapter, it might as well being someone who cares about the characters and the story and wants to continue in a good way. Despite being many talented and devoted people out there, I always feel that monsieur Ancel has to keep at least an eye on the project.
We're so irrational your rules do not apply.

http://yharuhasaiko.deviantart.com/