Rayman Adventures

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Bradandez »

I shouldn't be too ticked on your guys' opinions. Barbara already has a trophy in Smash Bros. and now this, it shows how much Ancel loves Barbara. So y'all can suck it while I sleep comfortable tonight, you fucking normies.

(CG still looks good too!)
Kevinrayman15
Ptizêtre Ermite
Tings: 1850

Post by Kevinrayman15 »

The Rayman fandom is just horrible and whiny sometimes... just be happy that Ubisoft did something with Rayman now, its better then nothing and OCG, how is Rayman even more dead then in the Rabbid era now? (AHUM RRR2, RTVP) he still goes on an adventure, punches his enemies and stuff and i'm pretty sure they have something big hiding for us, and if not... i don't care. I'm really excited to play Rayman Adventures this fall!
SpyroGuy
Céloche
Tings: 7416

Post by SpyroGuy »

Kevinrayman15 wrote:just be happy that Ubisoft did something with Rayman now, its better then nothing
That's what Sonic fans said and then Lost World and the Boom side-franchise happened. xD
Kevinrayman15
Ptizêtre Ermite

Post by Kevinrayman15 »

But still, i think we should be just happy, who knows maybe the game is really fun? we just saw one trailer of it with some gameplay, the game isnt even finished yet.
THEdragon
Clark
Tings: 47510

Post by THEdragon »

I'm starting to wonder if any negative feelings I have towards this new game are just because I'm still overly bitter about most of Rayman 1's characters being retconned out of existence.

And on the subject of Barbara, I don't necessarily dislike her as a character, I just don't like her as a Rayman character.
When you defeat nine antitoons with one punch!
SpyroGuy
Céloche

Post by SpyroGuy »

Kevinrayman15 wrote:But still, i think we should be just happy, who knows maybe the game is really fun? we just saw one trailer of it with some gameplay, the game isnt even finished yet.
Overjoy is not necessarily the emotion I feel after witnessing the 3rd mobile and overall 5th UbiArt Rayman game. I just had enough. I want something else.
I can't say I'm annoyed, because I'm not. I just lost overall interest and want something new. It's been some time since this stuff was new in Origins.
Kevinrayman15
Ptizêtre Ermite

Post by Kevinrayman15 »

So why do people hate Barbara again? kinda strange that you like characters like Ly but have a dislike for Barbara.
SpyroGuy
Céloche

Post by SpyroGuy »

Kevinrayman15 wrote:So why do people hate Barbara again?
Somebody doesn't equal everybody. :wink:
THEdragon
Clark
Tings: 47510

Post by THEdragon »

Well to be fair I'm not a fan of Ly either, heh. :)
Well for me it's maybe just down to the whole 'human sidekick' thing. She just feels really out of place for me. I mean, it's a shame because she's really not a bad character, she just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Now that I think about it, if a new Rayman game were made and Barbara was made as a minor character like a friend Rayman encounters along the way i'd be cool with that. I think I just don't like her as a main/playable.

And honestly I'm a bit sick of the castle/medieval/viking themed stuff.
When you defeat nine antitoons with one punch!
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

Because Barbara's too normal. Yes, a barbarian. That's normal. You just see them along side the Vikings on the sidewalks. I wave to them when I get on the bus from time to time. Completely normal.
SpyroGuy
Céloche

Post by SpyroGuy »

Bradandez wrote:Because Barbara's too normal. Yes, a barbarian. That's normal. You just see them along side the Vikings on the sidewalks. I wave to them when I get on the bus from time to time. Completely normal.
You and me both, pal. I've had a pizza with one just yesterday and they indeed don't stand out much. The words "Viking" and "Barbarian" should be the new synonyms for "mainstream". :mefiant:
Motormike
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 920

Post by Motormike »

Rayfist wrote:
L'Histoire de Rayman wrote: Michel Ancel now sees the future of Rayman on smartphones and tablets.
I don't own the L'Histoire de Rayman due to not having a lot of money but was this seriously said? If so...
Yes it's in the book. I knew a third mobile game was coming since 2013. I was expecting it sooner actually.
And yes, a 3D game project began (end of 2013) but lasted only a month Ancel told me...
Twitter : @Motor_Mike
PSN/WiiU id : motormike
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

I wouldn't really call it the "death" but rather just being stuck in a rut again like back from between 2004-2010 when it was nothing but minigames and spin offs, stuff that's actually cost effective to make.

The only main reason I'm not really happy with this whole thing is that I would have to keep up with mobile tech if I'm even going to keep buying these games. RJR and RFR are not copyable to an SD card for a start, so that's already an issue for those who can only settle for budget phones and tabs such as my Moto G Then there's also the issue with compatibility especially with android. Now that I've upgraded to lollipop recently I redownloaded RFR and now it runs a lot better on it than it did when it was on KitKat, but man actually installing it is a pain because of all the additional data that comes on top. Hopefully adventures may be playable on stuff like bluestacks eventually.

Legends being such a flop while RFR/RJR being successful pretty much tells you what the general public would rather have, and that's pretty sad.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
ikke471
Antitoon
Location: Who knows? Did you check your closet? I would If I were you...
Tings: 0

Post by ikke471 »

I think the quote Ancel gave is all about context. He doesn't want to stop making Rayman console games. But he has to because Ubi doesn't see money in them anymore. THEY want mobile games so of course Ancel would say that.

I'm failry sure that if the mobile games do good enough we will in time see another Rayman game on consoles again.
Kevinrayman15
Ptizêtre Ermite

Post by Kevinrayman15 »

Thats what i've been thinking, the mobile games of Rayman are very popular, maybe Adventures (if its free to play) will be very popular and that will help boosting the sales of the upcoming console games of Rayman.
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

Or maybe the sales will trigger a buttload of similar games, just like Assassin's Creed of Fnaf.
GOT4N
Photographe
Tings: 400

Post by GOT4N »

Pirez wrote:Or maybe the sales will trigger a buttload of similar games, just like Assassin's Creed of Fnaf.
If those games are good, I'd be really happy lol
Hoozang
Matuvu
Tings: 240

Post by Hoozang »

In other words, Ubisoft took a wrong decision. Having 10 FPS's on iOS...Making a generic title (Oh for God's sake, "Adventures"? You Ubisoft could have chosen a better name! It fits in, it fits in...but, whale why?) and not releasing it on other platforms. Might be wrong in the last one tho, but not sure. Not sure. Not every wizard and sugar block knows the truth of this dark, darky dark secret.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer

Post by Bradandez »

>Rayman Origins
>Rayman Legends
> And now Rayman Adventures

The name fits.
Reiska
Knaaren
Tings: 5875

Post by Reiska »

I would be happy with a new 2D game for any platform as long as it's high quality. Jungle Run was not perfect but I preferred it over Fiesta Run.

Like it's said here, a new 2D game wouldn't sell that well on consoles but if it did, I would be more than happy to have a proper closure for the Ubiart games, making them a trilogy.

Focusing on mobile is a smart move. It's quite obvious that this is a kids game, just look at the Incrediballs, and that's fine - kids will probably enjoy it. It's not meant to satisfy the teenage/adult fanbase.

I think the cruel fact is that there isn't a creative force on Ubisoft wanting a new 3D game, pushing it forward and without that, I doubt the executives would put resources to the console development.