Rayman Adventures

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Rayman Adventures

Post by Droolie »

A new mobile game has been announced for Rayman, based on Rayman Legends. It's called "Rayman Adventures".
Looks like this is what they had in store for us for Rayman's 20th anniversary!

Trailer

Description
Rayman is coming back to mobile in a brand new game: Rayman Adventures!

Embark on amazing adventures through legendary worlds on a quest to rescue the Incrediballs!

The enchanted forest is in trouble; the ancient eggs that sustain the sacred tree have been stolen and scattered across the world.

From haunted medieval castles to the mythical worlds of Olympus, Rayman, our fearless adventurer, and Barbara, his Viking companion, set out in search of the Incrediball eggs to breathe new life into the sacred tree!
Known Details
Full press release & "screenshots": http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2015/07/ray ... obile.html
Official website: http://raymanadventures.com

Developers: Ubisoft Montpellier, with Michel Ancel at the helm
Release date: Fall 2015
Price: Free to play (microtransactions?)
Platform: iOS only? (this is likely a mistake on the website)

Thoughts
I think it looks alright, if a little disappointing since it seems like it's Rayman Legends: The Lost Levels. Rayman's design has been changed, though. He now wears a red headband, a brown jacket and a white undershirt, a belt, gloves like the ones he had on the RRR cover, and brown shoes.
The CGI is also terrible.
Last edited by Droolie on Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
FunkyboardWizard
Ptizêtre Gothique
Tings: 3110

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by FunkyboardWizard »

OH MY GOD..

Is... is that it? :(

edit:

So, after all our waiting, all the teasing, we just get another "push this button but you don't actually control him" game? I mean, jungle run and fiesta run were good to pass the time but come on, another mobile game? Surely this is an early "present" for the anniversary since he's not 20 until september, so i'm hoping that we get an actual console game soon? It sounds awfully selfish but we don't deserve this, just a re-skin :(
Last edited by FunkyboardWizard on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Motormike
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 920

Post by Motormike »

I knew a third mobile game was going to be released since I've been working on The History of Rayman. But I really hope there's more for the anniversary. :?
Twitter : @Motor_Mike
PSN/WiiU id : motormike
Eshap
Barbara
Tings: 10182

Post by Eshap »

in before the rage (although i'm probably alread too late)

As lacklustre as this feels, I'm glad Ubi is bringing out something for Rayman's 20th, as opposed to absolutely nothing. Maybe my expectations have just dropped very low?
Rayfist wrote:It's r34 artwork. Haha Jesus christ Eshap.
FunkyboardWizard
Ptizêtre Gothique

Eshap wrote:Image
in before the rage (although i'm probably alread too late)

As lacklustre as this feels, I'm glad Ubi is bringing out something for Rayman's 20th, as opposed to absolutely nothing. Maybe my expectations have just dropped very low?
The CGI is an awful attempted, am I the only one who thinks TAS has better animation than this? It doesn't really fit the theme of Rayman well, 2D v 3D. If they can spit out 3-4 Tom Clancy games this year and next year alone, surely they can have ONE time and spent a LITTLE bit more on a 3D platformer?

I kinda expected more than this but hey, it's Rayman, It's technically marketed towards children so it's probably quicker, easier and less expenisve to produce a game and advertise a game in order for kids to play and purchase. It's just depressing.

Look at the description though..

"Rayman is coming back to mobile in a brand new game: Rayman Adventures!

Embark on amazing adventures through legendary worlds on a quest to rescue the Incrediballs!

The enchanted forest is in trouble; the ancient eggs that sustain the sacred tree have been stolen and scattered across the world.

From haunted medieval castles to the mythical worlds of Olympus, Rayman, our fearless adventurer, and Barbara, his Viking companion, set out in search of the Incrediball eggs to breathe new life into the sacred tree!"

"Medieval castles", perhaps this is the unused Transylvania castle levels that Michel Ancel showed us that were originally cancelled / scrapped?
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

I really don't wanna come off as being an entitled pissybabby but I'm not really excited for this. The other two mobile games haven't really done a lot for me in the end so this probably won't either.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
GOT4N
Photographe
Tings: 400

Post by GOT4N »

God, I'm gonna hate Ubisoft now. I hope it's not the 20th anniversary game, else I'll cry. WE FUCKING WAITED THE 20YEARS FOR ANOTHER MOBILE GAME 2D REALLY UBISOFT O_o ?
ikke471
Antitoon
Location: Who knows? Did you check your closet? I would If I were you...
Tings: 0

Post by ikke471 »

Eh it looks alright really.
The forst 2 mobile games were great so this'll probably be great as well
The new look for Rayman is very pirate-y with his jacket, belt and white undershirt.

I just kinda hope this game will be a kind of 'keep you busy untill the real thing comes out' thing
Jaster
Barbara
Tings: 10868

Post by Jaster »

ikke471 wrote:Eh it looks alright really.
The forst 2 mobile games were great so this'll probably be great as well
The new look for Rayman is very pirate-y with his jacket, belt and white undershirt.

I just kinda hope this game will be a kind of 'keep you busy untill the real thing comes out' thing
I think the same, and if this was to celebrate his 20th anniversary they would say it like in the 10th anniversary compilation.
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

I don't think anyone is very excited for this, but I guess at least it's something. I think this is also made by Ubisoft Paris (they made RFR) or pastagames (they made RJR), so I doubt Ubisoft Montpellier is involved in this very much. So Ubisoft Montpellier might still be working on something else Rayman-related. If they had any major news though, it would probably have been announced at E3. Minor Rayman news (such as HD ports) might still be announced this year, but don't get your hopes up.
FunkyboardWizard wrote:The CGI is an awful attempted, am I the only one who thinks TAS has better animation than this?
No, I thought TAS was pretty good too. I still don't like how they tried to port the Legends style to 3D. It works much better in 2D, and IMO that didn't work very well either.
FunkyboardWizard wrote:"Medieval castles", perhaps this is the unused Transylvania castle levels that Michel Ancel showed us that were originally cancelled / scrapped?
I wouldn't count on it.
FunkyboardWizard
Ptizêtre Gothique

Drolpiraat wrote:I don't think anyone is very excited for this, but I guess at least it's something. I think this is also made by Ubisoft Paris (they made RFR) or pastagames (they made RJR), so I doubt Ubisoft Montpellier is involved in this very much. So Ubisoft Montpellier might still be working on something else Rayman-related. If they had any major news though, it would probably have been announced at E3. Minor Rayman news (such as HD ports) might still be announced this year, but don't get your hopes up.
FunkyboardWizard wrote:The CGI is an awful attempted, am I the only one who thinks TAS has better animation than this?
No, I thought TAS was pretty good too. I still don't like how they tried to port the Legends style to 3D. It works much better in 2D, and IMO that didn't work very well either.
FunkyboardWizard wrote:"Medieval castles", perhaps this is the unused Transylvania castle levels that Michel Ancel showed us that were originally cancelled / scrapped?
I wouldn't count on it.
I don't know why I made the "medieval" and "vampires" castle connection, haha, but that's a shame anyway. Just seems like a little port of RL. I HATE HATE HATE those creatures though and now the game is BASED around them? SONIC COLOURS anyone?
THEdragon
Clark
Tings: 47510

Post by THEdragon »

I didn't even realise Rayman was wearing a different outfit 'til i read this topic.

Yeah those little animal things look annoying. Still, don't wanna judge too soon.
When you defeat nine antitoons with one punch!
GNineify
Bégoniax
Tings: 38675

Post by GNineify »

It's ok, I guess. Something to make your time sitting on the toilet a little more adventurous.
"uckfay isthay itshay iyay'may outyay" - ales mansay probably
YOU'VE FOUND THE ULTRA AMAZING EASTER EGG THAT DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER!
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

This is unexpected. So...Do we pull a Metroid?

I jest.
THEdragon
Clark
Tings: 47510

Post by THEdragon »

Wow, looks like most of the fanbase is either confused or pissed. I'm pretty amused that this happened the exact same day I decided I was getting back into Rayman again. But really I just hope this isn't ALL they're doing for Rayman's 20th. Come on, he deserves so much better. Also, is anyone else sick of Barbara already? Like, I'm kinda ready for her to inexplicably cease to exist. Hey, Ubisoft's done it before, they could do it again.
When you defeat nine antitoons with one punch!
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Well, I've not had a chance to look at it proper yet. I'll be doing that when I get home.
Jaster
Barbara
Tings: 10868

Post by Jaster »

THEdragon wrote:Wow, looks like most of the fanbase is either confused or pissed. I'm pretty amused that this happened the exact same day I decided I was getting back into Rayman again. But really I just hope this isn't ALL they're doing for Rayman's 20th. Come on, he deserves so much better. Also, is anyone else sick of Barbara already? Like, I'm kinda ready for her to inexplicably cease to exist. Hey, Ubisoft's done it before, they could do it again.
Maybe they're going to make a new game without Barbara, but because they created her in the last console game they wanted to part from her with an exclusive game for her and Rayman.

And don't forget, Rayman's anniversary hasn't come yet, it's the 1st september.
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

More news! Emmanuel Carré from Ubisoft France's PR posted this on facebook:
Rayman Adventures dévoilé à l'instant - Nouvelles créatures aux propriétés étonnantes seront du voyage - Châteaux mythiques et Iles de l'Olympe - smartphones et tablettes - Qualité graphique hors du commun - Michel Ancel à la manoeuvre - Sortie Automne- Bises de Montpellier.
Quick/free translation:
Rayman Adventures unveiled now - journey to amazing places with new creatures - mythical castles and Olympic isles - smartphones and tablets - better than normal graphical quality - Michel Ancel at the wheel - Fall/autumn release date. Kisses from Ubisoft Montpellier.
Michel Ancel at the wheel
There goes a big part of my admiration for the man, and Ubisoft Montpellier in general. :cry:
Last edited by Droolie on Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bradandez
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

THEdragon wrote:Also, is anyone else sick of Barbara already? Like, I'm kinda ready for her to inexplicably cease to exist.
Go away, please. :)
ikke471
Antitoon
Location: Who knows? Did you check your closet? I would If I were you...
Tings: 0

Post by ikke471 »

I really don't get the hate for this. Sure it looks kinda lazy but more of something that's great isn't a bad thing at all in my books. and the fact that Ancel is at the wheel only makes me more excited because it means it'll have quality.