Rayman Adventures

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Bionichute
Glombrox
Tings: 12145

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Bionichute »

OCG wrote:More gone this time than previous time when Rabbids took over. From now on, Rayman will be stuck as a mobile franchise.
Yeah this is pretty wrong. This game is, you know, and actual platformer with worlds taken directly from a previous game, and Michel Ancel is still working on it, so it's not Rabbids 2 level abandonment.

I'm still positive either way. I have a feeling this is mostly gonna be a "We really need to get profits back" thing and we'll be getting a new actual game soon.

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9820

Post by OCG »

Bionichute wrote:This game is, you know, and actual platformer with worlds taken directly from a previous game, and Michel Ancel is still working on it, so it's not Rabbids 2 level abandonment.
But why is it not on PC if it is actually a platformer and not mobile spin-off with auto controls?
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

The fact that Rayman Legends was a commercial failure is not the consumer's fault in my opinion. Just compare the ammount of publicity and marketing that Ubisoft did to Rayman Origins. The number of sold games is really nothing related. The fact that they originally wanted to make it a Wii U exclusive title and just in a matter of months they contrary that and decide to release to all home-console platforms did not help either. Not to mention that they decided to release the game at the same time as GTA V, it was more than obvious which game would be overshadowed. If it weren't for the Nintendo exclusives I would have probably gotten upset too.

This was discussed to death already but I think both fans and non-fans make it clear that they want to see a new 3D adventure because the 2D formula got old pretty quick. People won't surely be interested in a Rayman Legends 2. But is going mobile the solution for the commercial failure of Legends? It is a concerning future for hardcore gamers of the franchise.

Bionichute
Glombrox

Post by Bionichute »

OCG wrote:
Bionichute wrote:This game is, you know, and actual platformer with worlds taken directly from a previous game, and Michel Ancel is still working on it, so it's not Rabbids 2 level abandonment.
But why is it not on PC if it is actually a platformer and not mobile spin-off with auto controls?
Just because it's an auto-runner doesn't mean it's not a platformer. Most of the levels in Origin sand Legends resulted in nonstop running anyway.

Droolie
Oumbr
Tings: 57615

Post by Droolie »

OCG wrote:But why is it not on PC if it is actually a platformer and not mobile spin-off with auto controls?
The press release seems to imply no auto controls:
Press release wrote:They will enjoy an exciting mix of action and exploration in which they will be able to freely move around as they like through stunning environments.
The trailer really makes it look like an endless runner though.

Jaster
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 10771

Post by Jaster »

If they made this a platformer game like Origins/Legends and for mobiles that's because they didn't want to make another 2D Ubiart platformer for consoles, they have to have a new 3D Rayman in secret. And I hope it gets so much publicity and marketing.

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

It could be only something to keep us distracted, but we might be putting our hopes too high in this way.

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9820

Post by OCG »

Haruka wrote:But is going mobile the solution for the commercial failure of Legends? It is a concerning future for hardcore gamers of the franchise.
Going mobile is definitely not solution and will just make annoying fans spam on Facebook "WE NEED RAYMAN 4" even more. Legends sales are bad only because of Ubisoft's bad strategy towards game. They should have announced game from start for both Wii U and other systems and set release date for either month before or two months after GTA 5. That way they would have avoided people boycotting the game and I assume it would sell a lot better and we would have 3D Rayman game by now.
I do not expect 3D Rayman game before 2020 at this point sadly.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

DandyGuy wrote:Barbara is low tier waifu. Come get me.
Banned.
Imco wrote:
Bradandez wrote:If anyone else is going to slanderize Barbara, I will report you to a mod and have you banned.
Barbara is overly normal and should not be in any Rayman game. Fuck Barbara.
Banned.
Sabertooth1000000000 wrote: "Overly normal"! For far too long I've been trying to put my dislike of that character into words, and you've done it. Thank you!
Banned and go fuck yourself.

Bionichute
Glombrox

Post by Bionichute »

They should have made Legends less mediocre :?

Also yeah "normal" is the word I would use to describe my dislike for Barbara.

Jaster
Garatta Ciatik

Post by Jaster »

Just saying that because I think it's enough with 5 games using the Ubiart engine, It would be nice if they still uses the Ubiart just for mobile games, but I think that it's time to see a 3D Rayman game, we've seen Rayman back to 2D games and was awesome, it's time to the 3D platformer.

I don't have hopes in nothing, because I don't want to have my mood down, but it's just an opinion.

Bionichute
Glombrox

Post by Bionichute »

One of my main questions right now is...

Who is this guy? Obviously he's the pirate that's taking Rayman to save the creatures, but who exactly is he? does he have a name? Is he related to Barbara? Why is his ship more viking than pirate?

It's also fairly nice to have a side character that isn't Murfy or Polokus.

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Haruka wrote:This was discussed to death already but I think both fans and non-fans make it clear that they want to see a new 3D adventure because the 2D formula got old pretty quick. People won't surely be interested in a Rayman Legends 2. But is going mobile the solution for the commercial failure of Legends? It is a concerning future for hardcore gamers of the franchise.
Leave it to you for interesting discussion on a topic infested with the topic of Barbara.

Anyways, I agree. The marketing for Origins and Legends were awful. This is what irks me about Ubisoft, they blame everyone else.
"WELP I GOES NOBODY LIKES RAYMAN ON CONSOLES." So what do they do? They take there chances and release on mobile. I do believe Ancel would love to make a new 3D title but I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft was holding him back from this or telling him "No, that won't sell."

Ubi has only proven how disconnected they are with their own audience. Just look at the presentation of that recent E3. Memes, really?
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Droolie
Oumbr

Post by Droolie »

You guys are really going too fast here. The game has only just been announced and you're predicting the death of the Rayman series in general, or the death of console Rayman. Wow.
I think it's obvious from the reused assets that this is just a quick cash-in and probably a way to have something for Rayman's 20th anniversary, maybe because the 3D project they planned to have was cancelled or maybe because it isn't ready to be shown yet.
But I don't see at all how this is the death of the Rayman series. Michel Ancel and his team are working on it, sure, but it's probably another "vacation" from Beyond Good & Evil 2 for them (which is what he thought about RL and RO). These projects are not dead, they're being worked on (probably), but Ancel likes his mobile games, what can you do.

If anything, Rayman Adventures' iOS exclusivity and excessive asset copy-pasting indicates that they haven't been working on another 2D Rayman and the next full Rayman title will probably be in 3D instead.

If that quote from l'Histoire de Rayman is what Ancel really thinks, though... I guess that changes everything. :/

Jaster
Garatta Ciatik

Post by Jaster »

Bionichute wrote:One of my main questions right now is...

Who is this guy? Obviously he's the pirate that's taking Rayman to save the creatures, but who exactly is he? does he have a name? Is he related to Barbara? Why is his ship more viking than pirate?

It's also fairly nice to have a side character that isn't Murfy or Polokus.
I thought he was Barbara's Dad but, who knows?

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Drolpiraat wrote:You guys are really going too fast here. The game has only just been announced and you're predicting the death of the Rayman series in general, or the death of console Rayman. Wow
I'll be legitimately upset if you're referring to me since I think Rayman is still very existant on console, unless you're referring to Sabertooth.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Droolie
Oumbr

Post by Droolie »

Nah, I was referring to Sabertooth, OCG, probably some others and a conversation on the RPC facebook group about Ubisoft giving up on Rayman. I was too lazy to quote all the messages about it, sorry for that. :)

Bionichute
Glombrox

Post by Bionichute »

I'm not the only person who thinks this looks like the Dracula world right?

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

>RPC thinks Barbara is too normal
>RPC thinks having a LEGENDS styled 3D Rayman game would be too extreme

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........

Also, I'm still waiting for Droopy's and Omar's thought on how the CGI is "down right terrible".

Sabertooth
Joe
Tings: 53315

Post by Sabertooth »

Drolpiraat wrote:You guys are really going too fast here. The game has only just been announced and you're predicting the death of the Rayman series in general, or the death of console Rayman. Wow.
I'm just going by this:
Ancel wrote:However, the project was abandoned because of the weak sales of Rayman Legens, which made them think players did not really want Rayman on home consoles badly. On the other side, thanks to the success of Rayman Jungle Run and Rayman Fiesta Run, Michel Ancel now sees the future of Rayman on smartphones and tablets.
I mean, that's pretty telling right there. I'm trying my best not to be negative but it's not exactly looking good for us console gamers. Not to mention, this isn't some Ubisoft E3 representative or something, this is Michel Ancel himself.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr: