Rayman Adventures

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Snagglebee
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 2700

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by Snagglebee »

RibShark wrote:Hooray, it's iOS exclusive.
fuck ubisoft right now
*Total disappointment intensifies* -.-

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

Console games didn't sell well by Ubisoft. Mobile games did really well, no wonder UBISOFT is doing this.

Droolie
Oumbr
Tings: 57615

Post by Droolie »

RibShark wrote:Hooray, it's iOS exclusive.
fuck ubisoft right now
Haha, wow. I hope they just forgot to add Android to their website, because if they didn't this announcement is just too hilarious to be true.

From the press release it also looks like the Incrediballs are the main selling point of the game. RRR all over again?

buildersith
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by buildersith »

As I, sadly, suspected.

Well, welcome to the future of Rayman everybody, decent enough iphone cashgrabs lost in a sea of micro transactions, rip offs, lazy ports, and dominated by a company that thinks it deserves a say in an industry its done nothing but bad too.Apple, I mean.

please, kill the video game industry so people who actually are passionate enough to know what to do with it persist through and rebirth it to treat it properly.

bah, I'm having anothet bad day, quite frankly this is the least of my worries.
[steam: Buildersith][PSN: Buildersith]

Droolie
Oumbr

Post by Droolie »

Christophe Héral just said on facebook that this game will be free to play. I guess it's good that you won't have to pay for it.
But:
buildersith wrote:a sea of micro transactions
That's probably Ubisoft's real goal.
I can see it now: buy an Incrediball egg for €0.99 or get 5 for €4.49!
Last edited by Droolie on Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pirez
Ly
Tings: 97945

Post by Pirez »

GOT4N wrote:God, I'm gonna hate Ubisoft now. I hope it's not the 20th anniversary game, else I'll cry. WE FUCKING WAITED THE 20YEARS FOR ANOTHER MOBILE GAME 2D REALLY UBISOFT O_o ?
We live in a world where the 30th anniversary of Mario is celebrated with Mario Maker. This was inevitable.

GOT4N
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by GOT4N »

Pirez wrote:
GOT4N wrote:God, I'm gonna hate Ubisoft now. I hope it's not the 20th anniversary game, else I'll cry. WE FUCKING WAITED THE 20YEARS FOR ANOTHER MOBILE GAME 2D REALLY UBISOFT O_o ?
We live in a world where the 30th anniversary of Mario is celebrated with Mario Maker. This was inevitable.
Mario Maker is going to the best Mario 2D game, or one of the best. This is cool game. Not a shitty mobile game :'(

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez »

Well here's the difference. Mario Maker is actually a retail game with many features that had love put into it.

Pirez
Ly
Tings: 97945

Post by Pirez »

I would argue that it's arguable. Thus I don't agree with that. For me, if you love your game, you need to do anything in your power to elevate the concept. For Mario Maker, it's just giving the fanbase a tool to make a regular 2D platformer.

That's also why Rayman Legends will always be tainted in my eye for being just like Origins. And adventures won't be different.

Droolie
Oumbr

Post by Droolie »

I agree about Mario Maker being a lot better, at least from what we've seen of it. It should be seen as what it is: a level editor for Mario games. It's bad as a game, but I think playing other people's levels might be a cool idea and I would be excited about Rayman Adventures if it allowed to create your own levels like Mario Maker does, and like Rayman Designer did. Surely for Ubisoft it wouldn't be too hard to make, since they already have their own level editor?

FunkyboardWizard
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3110

Post by FunkyboardWizard »

Cairnie wrote:I've made an official statement on my social media, which you can read here: https://twitter.com/StaceyCrygor/status ... 18880?s=09
Even looks like a young..er (if she's actually a woman in RL, y'know cos BIG TITS) version of Barbara!

ikke471
Antitoon
Location: Who knows? Did you check your closet? I would If I were you...
Tings: 0

Post by ikke471 »

FunkyboardWizard wrote:
Cairnie wrote:I've made an official statement on my social media, which you can read here: https://twitter.com/StaceyCrygor/status ... 18880?s=09
Even looks like a young..er (if she's actually a woman in RL, y'know cos BIG TITS) version of Barbara!
that is wicky the viking and he's a boy you uncultured twat :P

FunkyboardWizard
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3110

Post by FunkyboardWizard »

ikke471 wrote:
FunkyboardWizard wrote:
that is wicky the viking and he's a boy you uncultured twat :P
:'(

Tits and Penises aside, have you all noticed that Jungle Run and Fiesta Run don't have websites, whereas Adventures does? PERHAPS, There's going to be Rayman Adventures for mobile and tablet but also a console game of the same name? It's just odd that they made a website and are promoting it better.

Droolie
Oumbr

Post by Droolie »

FunkyboardWizard wrote:have you all noticed that Jungle Run and Fiesta Run don't have websites, whereas Adventures does? PERHAPS, There's going to be Rayman Adventures for mobile and tablet but also a console game of the same name? It's just odd that they made a website and are promoting it better.
Sorry to disappoint you, but Fiesta Run has a similar website. Jungle Run doesn't because it wasn't developed by Ubisoft.
https://www.ubisoft.com/en-GB/game/rayman-fiesta-run/
What's more, Rayman Adventures of course completely rehashed the site design, except that they explicitly removed Android from the platforms, making it all the less likely that it is just an error on their part.

Anyway, I actually really like the logo and the artwork that shows Rayman on the ship, as well as Rayman's outfit, pose and hair on that image. I hope for more of that, but so far I can only see assets from the previous games...

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez »

I don't see the problem with the reusing of old assets. Rayman Jungle Run and Girsta Run did the same.

Hoozang
Paluchard
Tings: 240

Post by Hoozang »

That everything always has to be fresh

darkhairwarrior
Paluchard
Tings: 245

Post by darkhairwarrior »

Coming soon

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez »

Hoozang wrote:That everything always has to be fresh
So you're saying Rayman doesn't feel fresh... Down there?

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master »

Hmm, think this thread should be stickied alongside the main titles, or kept as a normal thread?

Eshap
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 10182

Post by Eshap »

I'm not against the idea, but if the other mobile games didn't get stickied, I don't see why Adventures should be made an exception.
Rayfist wrote:It's r34 artwork. Haha Jesus christ Eshap.