Rayman Adventures

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

GOT4N
Électoon
Tings: 10

Re: Rayman Adventures

Post by GOT4N »

darkhairwarrior wrote:Image
:(

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

>Mobile exclusive
This is the future of gaming, people.

>reuses Assets from Legends

I'm very disappointed if this is that 'big new Rayman title', honestly. As far as mobile games go it doesn't look horrendous, but this is just disappointing as hell too. Refer to what Drol said, this looks like it was slapped together in 1 or 2 weeks.

The CGI at the beginning looked decent in my opinion, I wouldn't say shit. But are they serious!? Another Rayman mobile title? I'm really afraid if this is the future that lurks for Rayman.
Bradandez wrote:Console games didn't sell well by Ubisoft. Mobile games did really well, no wonder UBISOFT is doing this.
It's honestly the sad truth that in many countries (Japan especially) mobile games are becoming more popular. It seems Rayman Adventures won't be doing much different from Jungle Run and Fiesta Run (except fucking microtransactions)
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master »

I guess it really is Federation Force all over again...

Meh, it's Rayman. And as much as it abhors me to reward Ubi for what at present appears to be a lacking effort, I probably would still check it out. Time will tell whether or not this will be good, but right now, it's not looking like an enticing prospect.

Anyways, I'm wondering if we should sticky this thread or not. What do you guys think?

Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

Master wrote:I guess it really is Federation Force all over again...
I wouldn't go this far, and I do think people need to calm down over this a bit. It's just yet another Rayman mobile title. I'm sure it'll be a decent mobile title, but I'm not a mobile gamer, so I'm not interested.
Last edited by Rayfist on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter

Sabertooth
Joe
Tings: 53315

Post by Sabertooth »

Kinda reminds me of Mega Man Xover. I can't really find any redeeming qualities, and I just simply wouldn't care if it weren't for one thing: Michel Ancel's involvement. Why isn't he doing something more substantial with his time?
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:

Droolie
Oumbr
Tings: 57630

Post by Droolie »

Master wrote:Anyways, I'm wondering if we should sticky this thread or not. What do you guys think?
I'd say leave it unstickied. If Rayman M isn't even stickied, this definitely shouldn't be either.

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master »

Granted the reaction to MP:FF was far more incensed in comparison, but the general gist (coming out of a drought in an unexpected manner) seems similar.

I'm not mad about either of these, I do want to try out MP:FF as it does look like a genuinely good game, as I do this. But there is definitely a mutual twinge of disappointment given that they're not of the scope one would hope they'd be of.

Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

Sabertooth1000000000 wrote:Kinda reminds me of Mega Man Xover. I can't really find any redeeming qualities, and I just simply wouldn't care if it weren't for one thing: Michel Ancel's involvement. Why isn't he doing something more substantial with his time?
Xover was a shitty game though, at least this is playable.

Let's not forget guys, Jungle Run and Fiesta Run sold better than Origins and Legends. Similar to SEGA with Sonic recently, Ubi must think mobile is the way to go with Rayman to rack in some cash.... :(
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master »

Nosing through the French thread for this, from what I could tell, apparently this was going to happen:
boomboleros7 wrote:Michel Ancel et Michaël Guarné nous avaient prévenus !
Dans L'Histoire de Rayman, Michel Ancel révèle que lui et son équipe ont commencé à travailler sur un nouveau jeu Rayman en 3D fin 2013. Mais le projet a été abandonné à cause des faibles ventes de Rayman Legends, qui laissent à penser que les joueurs n'attendent plus forcément Rayman sur les consoles de salon. En revanche, au vu du succès de Rayman Jungle Run et Rayman Fiesta Run, Michel Ancel voit actuellement le futur de Rayman sur les smartphones et les tablettes. Le développement d'un nouveau jeu de plates-formes/runner Rayman n'est donc pas impossible.
Il y a l'air d'y avoir une histoire dans ce Rayman Adventures, contrairement à RJR et RFR. Mais bon, ce sera un hors-série, comme eux.
Enfin, comme l'a dit monsieur Guarné, je préfère ça à pas de jeu Rayman du tout. Au moins, les 20 ans de la série seront marqués par quelque chose...
Mais un jeu majeur, ça aurait été bien, aussi ! :x

Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

I can't read French and Google Translate would be inaccurate. Any French members here able to translate or at least lay down the gist of what is happening?
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

Let's start a petition to cancel this game and get a real, proper, serious, brooding, dark 3D Rayman game! Who's with me!? :D

Droolie
Oumbr

Post by Droolie »

Rayfist wrote:I can't read French and Google Translate would be inaccurate. Any French members here able to translate or at least lay down the gist of what is happening?
boomboleros7 wrote:Michel Ancel and Michaël Guarné had warned us!
In L'Histoire de Rayman, Michel Ancel reveals that he and his team had started development on a new 3D Rayman game at the end of 2013. However, the project was abandoned because of the weak sales of Rayman Legens, which made them think players did not really want Rayman on home consoles badly. On the other side, thanks to the success of Rayman Jungle Run and Rayman Fiesta Run, Michel Ancel now sees the future of Rayman on smartphones and tablets. The development of a new platform/runner Rayman is therefore not impossible.
It seems he is involved in this Rayman Adventures, contrary to RJR and RFR. But okay, this will be a spinoff just like them.
Anyway, like mr. Guarné said, I prefer this to no Rayman game at all. At least, the 20th anniversary of the series will be marked by something...
But a major game would have been good too! :x
Pfft. Bad decisions everywhere. Why abandon a 3D game because of the low sales of a 2D game? It's like saying 3D Zelda and 2D Zelda have the same target audience, or everyone who likes Super Mario Galaxy likes New Super Mario Bros.
Last edited by Droolie on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bzzit
Bzzit
Tings: 24529

Post by Bzzit »

Bradandez wrote:Let's start a petition to cancel this game and get a real, proper, serious, brooding, dark 3D Rayman game! Who's with me!? :D

YES! Rayman 4: Bitter Bunnies time. I'll give Mammothphant a buzz, he'll know what to do.
Rayman is the best man

Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

L'Histoire de Rayman wrote: Michel Ancel now sees the future of Rayman on smartphones and tablets.
I don't own the L'Histoire de Rayman due to not having a lot of money but was this seriously said? If so...
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter

Bionichute
Glombrox
Tings: 12145

Post by Bionichute »

I'm just happy with a Rayman game period, on any console. What this means is that Ubisoft hasn't abandoned Rayman, and there might actually be a new game in the works. This game also looks like it's gonna solve one of my big issues with Legends: The lack of levels for the new worlds. If this game can expand on them in even minor ways, it'll be fun.

It's nice to hear that Mr. Ancel is working on the game, which means it might be even better than Fiesta Run, which, in my opinion, is one of the best IOS games. Also, I'm doubting it's gonna be FtP, since the other 2 IOS games were Pay to Play.

Also, that one level looked like it was using assets from the Dracula world, since that portrait and the bottles on the wall weren't in Legends.

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

I don't own the History of Rayman either BECAUSE THEY HAVENT UPDATED ME ON WHERE MY FUCKING ORDER IS!

Honest thoughts, I'm okay with Rayman Adventures.

Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

Don't get me wrong, I'm alright with Rayman Adventures as well, but I'm now finding both Jungle Run and Fiesta Run sort of pointless as a purchase for me in the future, considering this will be superior.

Similar to Jungle and Fiesta Run will this be coming to Windows 8 and 10 store? I'd be okay with that.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter

Bionichute
Glombrox
Tings: 12145

Post by Bionichute »

Also, on the topic of more Rayman games on the IOS, it's... not actually a bad business practice. The runners so far have been really good and have also sold very well too. They might limit the 2D games to the IOS, and finally make a 3D game for the consoles, but that's a best case scenario.

Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist »

Bionichute wrote: it's... not actually a bad business practice. The runners so far have been really good and have also sold very well too. They might limit the 2D games to the IOS, and finally make a 3D game for the consoles, but that's a best case scenario.
My post, not too far back. I wrote how Jungle and Fiesta Run both sold better than Origins and Legends.
It's the unfortunate truth that Rayman is selling better on mobile currently, and what me, and other fans here, are very worried about is Rayman becoming a mainly mobile type franchise.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter

Droolie
Oumbr

Post by Droolie »

Bionichute wrote:Also, I'm doubting it's gonna be FtP, since the other 2 IOS games were Pay to Play.
From the keywords in the source of raymanadventures.com :
"rayman, adventures, rayman adventures, ubisoft, game, video game, free to play, mobile, iOs, ios"
No mention of any platform other than iOS (although I'm sure ports will follow), and the explicit mention of free to play, practically confirming what Mr. Héral said.
Last edited by Droolie on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.