When will we get to see new Rayman, realistically?

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
MortisDoors
Créature
Tings: 310

Re: When will we get to see new Rayman, realistically?

Post by MortisDoors »

Honestly yea, I'd rather wait for a real game, unless it's something like the dancing minigames from RRR than I'd be down.
MortisDoors
Créature
Tings: 310

Post by MortisDoors »

I just want a mobile version of the dance games from RRR.

But anyway Rayman Twitter is going bonkers due to the allegations and no rayman 4. They keep saying "I hope another company will buy the rayman franchise" they do realize that ubisoft will loose the rabbids right? That's not going to happen any time soon. With everything going on with ubisoft right now i think it's going to make the wait longer.
Also i hope Ancel isn't guilty, not because how it will damage raymans name or whatever but because i don't want people getting assaulted. I guess we'll have to wait it out and see for everything i mentioned.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610024

Post by Hunchman801 »

Are they referring to the Rayman 1 artwork they recently posted? I mean, it didn't even cross my mind that they could be announcing something new for the series. :P
Henchman1000
Fantasnip
Tings: 1280

Post by Henchman1000 »

"Future Rayman game when?"
Truly a mystery seen the recent circumstances.
Even if Michel retired from the gaming industry, it doesn't necessarily mean that Rayman is gone as well, but it's also unknown if Ubisoft still cares about making a proper 3d Rayman game, seen it's focusing on Mario & Rabbids at the moment.
Only time can tell.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I'm afraid the low profitably of the recent Rayman games isn't going to help with this. But then again, those weren't a 3D Rayman.
Henchman1000
Fantasnip
Tings: 1280

Post by Henchman1000 »

Hunchman801 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:23 pm I'm afraid the low profitably of the recent Rayman games isn't going to help with this. But then again, those weren't a 3D Rayman.
Yeah, agreed.
Last time I heard about a Rayman game was regarding a possible Rayman Mini update back in August, however I didn't got well informed to be sure about it.
TM47
Gandalf
Tings: 4059

Post by TM47 »

I think we will never see a new Rayman game, excluding those Mobile games
Rudie Radio Waves
Photographe
Tings: 420

Post by Rudie Radio Waves »

In a post-Crash 4/Spyro Reignited/Ty the Tasmanian Tiger HD world, I don't think it's impossible to see a new Rayman 3D platformer.
I draw here: rudieradiowaves.newgrounds.com
micro-ray
Électoon
Tings: 20

Post by micro-ray »

i doubt THIS year but maybe in 3 to 8 years to be honest because Michel Ancel retired and Ubisoft is milking their franchises and forgot of him and what they done to him in these year ported to a console would be given a 1.6 if it was in console so Ubisoft if you port him step your game up!.
TTK
Poilu
Tings: 2035

Post by TTK »

Well, i'm currently in the concept stage of a Rayman 4 Fan Game, does that count?
Sevy
Pti-lote
Tings: 2810

Post by Sevy »

I dont think its at full blown neglected stage at the moment. I like to think the Rayman franchise is more or less in limbo mode. Currently we KNOW he is regarded by the amounts of mobile ports that have been released so there is some form of consideration, though not as we like it, regarding an actual game. If by June at the E3 Ubisoft Forward conference we dont hear of any updates, the likely chances of him coming out probably will be thought of, in the near future. We know Ancel's retirement probably blew a chance...and he did state its a sorry state to see their mascot just left behind.....BGE2 is still to be updated, along with other brands such as Prince of Persia, Assassins Creed (another new game most likely) Ghost Recon, Just Dance.... etc....

We just have to hope something is either in the works or at least in early discussion/concept levels.
TTK
Poilu
Tings: 2035

Post by TTK »

Sevy wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:11 pm I dont think its at full blown neglected stage at the moment. I like to think the Rayman franchise is more or less in limbo mode. Currently we KNOW he is regarded by the amounts of mobile ports that have been released so there is some form of consideration, though not as we like it, regarding an actual game. If by June at the E3 Ubisoft Forward conference we dont hear of any updates, the likely chances of him coming out probably will be thought of, in the near future. We know Ancel's retirement probably blew a chance...and he did state its a sorry state to see their mascot just left behind.....BGE2 is still to be updated, along with other brands such as Prince of Persia, Assassins Creed (another new game most likely) Ghost Recon, Just Dance.... etc....

We just have to hope something is either in the works or at least in early discussion/concept levels.
It would be nice to have a new 3d platformer like Rayman 3! :)
arnoldfranklin
Carnivora
Tings: 12665

Post by arnoldfranklin »

I was on Twitter and there is some Ubisoft art thing and in it was a concept art picture. It was the back of Rayman's head from a post in 2020. Rymanni pointed this out on Twitter. https://twitter.com/Ryemanni/status/1489527372781076480
"I am the greatest hero of all time. I get three Globox stamps." ~ Globox himself
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I don't get it, what's with that picture?
arnoldfranklin
Carnivora
Tings: 12665

Post by arnoldfranklin »

Hunchman801 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:46 am I don't get it, what's with that picture?
In 2020, Ubisoft Montpelier (I think it was Montpelier) posted some concept art teasing something and the community got really excited. They showed the back of the head of Rayman.
"I am the greatest hero of all time. I get three Globox stamps." ~ Globox himself
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Oh, that's right! And they even had to clarify that they were not announcing or new game or something like that, no?
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Oh yeah, that was a disgusting episode… I had blanked it from my mind though, the picture means nothing to me :hap:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Not that I would have expected their post to be an announcement for anything, though, I think people might have gotten carried away here. :mrgreen: