RTAS (Rayman the Animated Series)

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Indy
Henchman 1000
Location: Echoing Caves and my work department in a corner of my house.
Tings: 8055

Re: RTAS (Rayman the Animated Series)

Post by Indy »

How would you feel if someone or a dedicated group of animators made a 'Fan Revival' of the show and gave it more episodes as it initially should have?
Just asking out of curiosity.
PSN: Toxic_Dragon_96
Twitter: DeltaVelocity
raymanHUN
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3436

Post by raymanHUN »

I'd love that. I mean, I know it wasn't anything special, but I liked the 4 episodes we did get - really brings me back to my childhood when I played Rayman for the very first time, and knew that "this here, this is my favourite game of all time"...
So yeah, I'd watch it! But to be fair, I'd be happy if we somehow would get the script for the remaining episodes. That'd be absolutely amazing.
minimalism
Indy
Henchman 1000
Location: Echoing Caves and my work department in a corner of my house.
Tings: 8055

Post by Indy »

To get our hands on the script, we'd need to contact the people who worked on the 4 episodes. Because, I don't know if someone from a JP fansite managed to get in contact with the OG JP trilogy's producers, but there are scripts for the scrapped versions of the movies that we can download on the fansite.

If that's impossible due to copyright or the wishes of the makers, then someone could have a field day reviving the show with their own spin on the series.
If that was me, my spin wouldn't be child-friendly. There'd be at least two three-part specials that'd be considered too dark for the series. Mainly what happened to Razorbeard and Rigatoni after the crash, and if the hospital Cookie was held in also holds the worst of the worst.

All in all, the show's premise is a unsolved mystery, and some people have speculated what the unfinished fifth episode is about given the title; "My Fair Lacmac".
And I have yet to read the comments on said episode.
PSN: Toxic_Dragon_96
Twitter: DeltaVelocity
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 570814

Post by Hunchman801 »

Indy wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:08 am How would you feel if someone or a dedicated group of animators made a 'Fan Revival' of the show and gave it more episodes as it initially should have?
Just asking out of curiosity.
I really don't like the animated series at all so I would prefer if it was left to rot in its grave, but why not have a whole new series at this point? There's a lot of potential!
insert sig for RPC's 17th bday
The Jonster
Ly
Tings: 92405

Post by The Jonster »

When I finish RD I intend ot finish watching the series this week.
Life happens. Just gotta roll with it!
Steo wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm
^ reminds me of mixing up directions and breaking the forum. :lol:
PluMGMK
Estellia
Location: An tír ina labhraítear (beagán ar fad) an teanga ina bhfuil sé seo scríofa
Tings: 7325

Post by PluMGMK »

I have the series in German on VHS (random I know) but whenever I try to digitize it the audio goes out of sync for some reason. :(
Steo
Rayman 3
Tings: 227420

Post by Steo »

I never did watch this still, some people hate it and some don't though from what I've heard.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
The Jonster
Ly
Tings: 92405

Post by The Jonster »

I was only partway through the first episdoe when I stopped. I will watch the rest later.
Life happens. Just gotta roll with it!
Steo wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm
^ reminds me of mixing up directions and breaking the forum. :lol: