The posts in a day record will take place from August 23, 11 PM to August 24, 11 PM (UTC+2).
During this day, you will earn thrice as many Tings as usual by posting, plus extra rewards up to 6000 Tings. We count on you to be here and post as much as you can in order to beat the previous 32252 posts record!
Time left before the record: 14 hours 36 minutes 26 seconds.

Sequel to Rayman 3 (Petition for Rayman 4)

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Jocke155
Matuvu
Tings: 130

Sequel to Rayman 3 (Petition for Rayman 4)

Post by Jocke155 » Mon May 15, 2017 6:31 pm

Hello!

I've made petition for a Rayman 4 game on Change.org. I'm currently looking for people so sign it, and feel free to do so here:
https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-sequel-to-rayman-3

Note: There are few other people who also made this, so if you feel like it sign those aswell.

I decided to make this petition because I have talked with Ubisoft and told them that the demand is huge for a sequel to Rayman 3, and they suggested that we make some noise and let Ubisoft know we want a new 3D sequel!

So, what are you waiting for?! :D

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Re: Sequel to Rayman 3 (Petition for Rayman 4)

Post by Master » Mon May 15, 2017 6:48 pm

Call me a cynic, but I've lost count of how many times we've had petitions for stuff like this.

When you say you've had Ubi tell you to make some noise, is it someone official from within the company? Or a community manager? We've had the official Facebook seemingly play coy in the past, and folks have read deeper into some of their stuff then they ought to.

I don't mean to be a sour Susan, it's just that petitions have yielded nought, from past experience. I'm more than willing to support such a drive, but I'm not wholly convinced.

Ray502
Poulet Zombie
Tings: 125

Post by Ray502 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:40 pm

I'm sorry, but petitions for a Rayman 4 will never work out. I'm pretty positive Ubisoft themselves didn't tell you to start one (unless you have proof). Under the major title terms, Origins is basically Rayman 4. Folks like you (judging from what your story says about Rayman) that are not so fond of the 2D UbiArt era compared to the 3D part of the original trilogy era will have to accept it as it is. There will be no such thing as an official "Rayman 4."

Not to say there won't be any more 3D Rayman games, but it just won't be like a sequel to Rayman 3.

Rayman: Razorbeard's Vengeance

Rayman 2: The Alternate Side (Demo Available Now!)

FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556

Serza5
Bad Rayman
Tings: 486315

Post by Serza5 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:17 pm

Ray502 wrote:Folks like you (judging from what your story says about Rayman) that are not so fond of the 2D UbiArt era compared to the 3D part of the original trilogy era will have to accept it as it is
My that was a harsh way of putting it no?

But I concurr with the above that I doubt going back to 3D would be a direction they'd go in anytime soon (Unless Ubi looks at Crash and decides "Hey we could make money if we make our old games HD like they did" although that too is rather hopeful). If the petition actually managed to do something that'd be really nice but given past experiences with how i've seen petitions go it's not something i'd hold my breath over.
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:

Ray502
Poulet Zombie

Post by Ray502 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:43 pm

Serza5 wrote:My that was a harsh way of putting it no?
There was no intent behind it. :|

FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Droolie
Oumbr
Tings: 54355

Post by Droolie » Mon May 15, 2017 9:00 pm

I do think they know that people want a 3D Rayman, and I also think they will try to make one if/when they make a new console entry. IIRC they were testing how a new 3D Rayman would work after Legends but it was cancelled since Legends had disappointing sales. With Ancel working on BG&E2 and WiLD now, he will probably not work on Rayman anytime soon, but maybe other people will. They don't need him for remaking the old games if they would want to, and it's not like Rayman 3 was directed by him anyway. Anything could happen, I suppose. But definitely not because you made a petition.

Jocke155
Matuvu

Post by Jocke155 » Mon May 15, 2017 9:04 pm

Master wrote: When you say you've had Ubi tell you to make some noise, is it someone official from within the company? Or a community manager? We've had the official Facebook seemingly play coy in the past, and folks have read deeper into some of their stuff then they ought to.
I contacted the Swedish Ubisoft support. I specifically asked what we, as fans can do to make a Rayman 4 a reality, and these are some translated quotes of the reply:

"We are very aware that the urge for a "real" sequel to Rayman 3 is big!"
Note that he quotes "real" as in, a Rayman 3 sequel

My question: What can we as fans/community do?
Reply:
"Well, it's a difficult question to answer. But to make yourself heard and really get our attention to the fact that there is a great interest in a sequel will not hurt :D "

The support, in this case answers for Ubisoft themselves, when he is answering these questions.
Ray502 wrote:Folks like you (judging from what your story says about Rayman) that are not so fond of the 2D UbiArt era compared to the 3D part of the original trilogy era will have to accept it as it is
I have nothing against the 2D games, and they are not bad in any way. But as I wrote in the petition description, it will never be a sequel to the 3D games.
I'm gonna do everything in my power to direct all the attention that Ubisoft is asking for, in any hope that there might one day make Ubisoft at least consider it.

All I can do is to at least try, and if this ends badly, so be it. I will be happy I tried. :)

RayCarrot
Murray
Tings: 21949

Post by RayCarrot » Mon May 15, 2017 9:36 pm

Jocke155 wrote: The support, in this case answers for Ubisoft themselves, when he is answering these questions.
The support is completely separate from any of Ubisoft's game studios and they don't know anything more about a new Rayman than we do. What they're telling you now is something they'll say about any game you ask for. Having fans show their interest in a new game like this won't help, unless it's on an insanely large scale (which the Rayman fanbase doesn't come close to). I'm also more or less 100% sure they're aware of most people wanting a "Rayman 4" or new 3D game (just look through the comment section on their Facebook posts for example), so this will most likely not change that. Sadly enough when looking through a business standpoint, the fan request isn't all too important. There are a bunch of other things to consider above that. If they make a new 3D game it'll be because they want to try making a 3D platformer, rather than pleasing the fans and making a sequel to Rayman 3.
Then again, I'm not against making petitions like this. It's always nice seeing specifically how many really want a new 3D game. But I don't see it making any real difference.

Jocke155
Matuvu

Post by Jocke155 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:30 pm

Carrot-master wrote:The support is completely separate from any of Ubisoft's game studios and they don't know anything more about a new Rayman than we do. What they're telling you now is something they'll say about any game you ask for. Having fans show their interest in a new game like this won't help, unless it's on an insanely large scale (which the Rayman fanbase doesn't come close to). I'm also more or less 100% sure they're aware of most people wanting a "Rayman 4" or new 3D game (just look through the comment section on their Facebook posts for example), so this will most likely not change that. Sadly enough when looking through a business standpoint, the fan request isn't all too important. There are a bunch of other things to consider above that. If they make a new 3D game it'll be because they want to try making a 3D platformer, rather than pleasing the fans and making a sequel to Rayman 3.
Then again, I'm not against making petitions like this. It's always nice seeing specifically how many really want a new 3D game. But I don't see it making any real difference.
Yeah I already get these points, but it's worth a shot.
I fully understand that Ubisoft is a company who most likely only cares about making games that will make them more money.

What I'm trying to accomplish here is to gather the community and fans, so that the hope is bigger than it is today for a new 3D game.
Still, the outcome can be useless, Ubisoft might not even care, but the attempt is still something valuable. At least for me :)

Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur
Tings: 16895

Post by Greeness » Mon May 15, 2017 10:58 pm

But I concurr with the above that I doubt going back to 3D would be a direction they'd go in anytime soon (Unless Ubi looks at Crash and decides "Hey we could make money if we make our old games HD like they did" although that too is rather hopeful).
Well Ancel did say he has some thoughts of a new 3d Rayman game, but I don't think we'll see anything grand relating Rayman for the next couple of years(Unless it's a new port) since he is working on 3 projects simultaneously from what I'm understanding right now, and nobody else seems to be pushing for a new title at Ubisoft.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master » Mon May 15, 2017 11:15 pm

Indeed. It's not like we don't want to see a new 3D title, believe me, I'd imagine a lot of us would freak out if we got a new one. However, the way things currently are make a new 3D title, or even any new title, rather unlikely.

At present, as Serza's said, the best I feel we can hope for is if Ubi takes notice of the N Sane Trilogy and tries to properly remake Rayman 2 and 3 as Vicarious Visions has done. But given how Ubi's been content to simply port those titles for all these years, I don't really know if they'd change their mind and actually put in a similar effort to give us such potential remakes.

Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur
Tings: 16895

Post by Greeness » Mon May 15, 2017 11:43 pm

I just think we need to be patient, and happy with what we currently have.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.

Ray502
Poulet Zombie

Post by Ray502 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:55 pm

Ubisoft did cancel the 2D version of Rayman 2 because of one game that showed them how the 3D aspect of gaming was presented and its possibilities. That game was the original Crash Bandicoot. So that series did have an impact on the Rayman series before. :idea:

Though that was a different situation.

Jocke155
Matuvu

Post by Jocke155 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:06 am

Greeness wrote:I just think we need to be patient, and happy with what we currently have.
That picture explains everything. Jokes aside, what we already have is great of course, and patience is a good thing to have too.
Would be nice if we could speed up the process a bit though! :)

Jocke155
Matuvu

Post by Jocke155 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:11 pm

We have now reached 8 lovely supporters!

If you haven't signed yet, consider doing it! Even though it might be useless we can at least see how many people that are interested :D

incognito
Ratcognito
Tings: 0

Post by incognito » Fri May 19, 2017 7:29 pm

Serza5 wrote:
The way I see it it was good.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Post by Adsolution » Fri May 19, 2017 7:54 pm

I'm not going to sign it, because I don't want to be associated with the idea of thinking this would somehow actually work.

Dart
Aglagl
Tings: 49815

Post by Dart » Fri May 19, 2017 8:09 pm

Serza5
Bad Rayman
Tings: 486315

Post by Serza5 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:24 pm

incognito wrote:
Serza5 wrote:
The way I see it it was good.
It doesn't surprise me that you believie in calling out people for being "naive fans" just because they simply want to see a new 3D Rayman.
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:

incognito
Ratcognito
Tings: 0

Post by incognito » Fri May 19, 2017 11:12 pm

I also do want to see one. How does it make of me a naive person ? Goddamn explain me, I just know a new 3d game won't happen before me reaching 40.