Sequel to Rayman 3 (Petition for Rayman 4)

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Jocke155
Lums Violet
Tings: 130

Re: Sequel to Rayman 3 (Petition for Rayman 4)

Post by Jocke155 »

Raymanarenaps2 wrote:Rayman Origins can't be Rayman 4.
You're right, as the Ubi support said, the simple answer is that it's not Rayman 4.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Raymanarenaps2 wrote:Sorry for the late reply, on a kinda dead thread but here are my thoughts on the subject.
Rayman Origins can't be Rayman 4. It was just a jump back in time to the first game. You can tell just by playing it. Dispite any claims the develepers might have made regarding Origins being Rayman 4. I don't even know if they did make any claims, but if they did, Just play the first world, you'l see.
And if you pay attention to some of the game's plot elements, what little they had, then you'd come to the conclusion that it'd have to at least take place after Rayman 1 and 2:
  • The existence or knoweldge of DarkRay. Polokus/Bubble Dreamer explicitly mentions how he was created by Mr. Dark:
    Bubble me! Rayman's evil clone! What a nightmare you were! Still single? Well, you are soooo ugly. Blame it on Mr. Dark! You ARE on my side though...GULP, right DarkRay...!
  • Polokus/Bubble Dreamer is awake and is friends with the heroes, something that wouldn't be the case if Rayman hadn't woken him, given how Rayman doesn't know who Polokus is in Rayman 2.
  • The Magician betraying the heroes and being a Mr Dark fanboy, and later multiplying into the Dark Teensies in Legends, who end up stranded on a distant planetoid.
  • There's probably more in the beta script, which granted isn't canon (for what canon's worth in Rayman), but it should pretty much make it clear what the intention of the developers were.
Seriously, we argued this in detail ages back when Rayman Origins was released, we're not talking out our arses. There might be some wiggle room for Rayman Origins to take place before Rayman 3, but given how Rayman 3 isn't really touched upon, Origins can always take place after, and it's the far simpler option. This is why people refer to it as "Rayman 4," not because it's the elusive title that many folks love to bang on about, but because it is indeed a sequel and the fourth main series title in the series.
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 935

Post by Rock_TBT »

Would be more convincing for Ubisoft to make a sequel to Rayman 3, if there was a fund-raiser, where fans donate money for this petition, which is, if Ubisoft agrees, then sent to Ubisoft for creating the game? That would make it possible for Ubisoft to first-hand see the profit they could make from making the game. Is this something that actually can be realized?
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

If you raise like 10 million dollars, maybe...?
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1365

Post by gamerz31w »

I signed in this petition already
Jocke155
Lums Violet

Post by Jocke155 »

Rock_TBT wrote:Would be more convincing for Ubisoft to make a sequel to Rayman 3, if there was a fund-raiser, where fans donate money for this petition, which is, if Ubisoft agrees, then sent to Ubisoft for creating the game? That would make it possible for Ubisoft to first-hand see the profit they could make from making the game. Is this something that actually can be realized?
A great idea would be if Ubisoft themselves made their own "Kickstarter"-like campaign where the money can go to the funding of a new Rayman 3 sequel, but in case it doesn't get enough funds it can still be used for something in that direction.

I don't really think a big company would do a such thing though. It's different when it comes to smaller companies like Cyan (The creators of the Myst-series) who funded their new game by doing a kickstarter. (Obduction)

But on the other hand, donations as you mention would be quite cool too and show them even more how much we want the game.

Another thing that makes me confused is that the Rabbids is still something Ubisoft try to use in games, like that would sell more than a Rayman game would? Does anyone know how much the Rabbids games sold compared to the Rayman games?
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 935

Post by Rock_TBT »

Jocke155 wrote:
Rock_TBT wrote:Would be more convincing for Ubisoft to make a sequel to Rayman 3, if there was a fund-raiser, where fans donate money for this petition, which is, if Ubisoft agrees, then sent to Ubisoft for creating the game? That would make it possible for Ubisoft to first-hand see the profit they could make from making the game. Is this something that actually can be realized?
A great idea would be if Ubisoft themselves made their own "Kickstarter"-like campaign where the money can go to the funding of a new Rayman 3 sequel, but in case it doesn't get enough funds it can still be used for something in that direction.

I don't really think a big company would do a such thing though. It's different when it comes to smaller companies like Cyan (The creators of the Myst-series) who funded their new game by doing a kickstarter. (Obduction)

But on the other hand, donations as you mention would be quite cool too and show them even more how much we want the game.

Another thing that makes me confused is that the Rabbids is still something Ubisoft try to use in games, like that would sell more than a Rayman game would? Does anyone know how much the Rabbids games sold compared to the Rayman games?
I don´t know the numbers, but considering that it has spawned multiple sequel, I think Rabbids must have been successful. The reason I played RRV, was because it had Rayman in it.

Well, if someone like Hunchman could create a Paypal account, then those who are interested could donate money. Does anyone know how much money it cost to produce Rayman 3? One thing that would be great is if the entire RaymanPC community was able to play the game.
Raymanarenaps2
Pti-lote
Tings: 2975

Post by Raymanarenaps2 »

Maybe if Ubisoft made a good game with Rayman 4, they could bring back the old 3D platformers days and make it new again.
I mean, you got Super Mario Odyssey and the Crash triligy. If you put rayman 4 next to those other games 3D platformers will see a huge boost in popularity because these games will be on curent hardware instead of being looked at as old classics. If Activision is actually doing something the fans want with Crash, Ubisoft should too. With as many 3D physical platformer games coming to the PS4 and Switch there has never been a better time in the last few years for a Rayman 4. Ubisoft is going to have to market rayman as a character and make his character traits like Rayman 2 and 3. If they make him like in Origins and legends (as good as those games are.) I don't see the game being as suscesful as it could be.
Jocke155
Lums Violet

Post by Jocke155 »

Even a remaster of a 3D Rayman game would be nice too, why not a Rayman in VR? :D There's endless possibilities with today's hardware and as Raymanarenaps2 mention, I think Ubisoft is missing an opportunity here.
Raymanarenaps2
Pti-lote

Post by Raymanarenaps2 »

I did some more thinking about why Ubisoft would not make a Rayman 4. They might be afraid of confusing the Rabids and Rayman with Rayman 4, because you know how they had the Rabids known for the minigames. (that Mario spin off is a spin off btw, so I guess that's okay with Ubisoft.) So, what they could do instead of recreating the older game that could, they could make a completly new Rayman game concept and call that Rayman 4. Just because Rayman 4 was a canceled prototype name doesn't mean it can't be used for a future title.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

I think a lot of the people hoping for a "Rayman 4" wanted them to come up with something new all right, not to dig up the abandoned concepts.
MagicalPlatypus7
Moussu
Tings: 1120

Post by MagicalPlatypus7 »

No rayman at E3 not even the switch edition , let's be honest ubisoft want to kill rayman and that Mario X rabbits crossover is a proof that they don't care for rayaman anymore , but I'm not even surprised , I expected nothing from ubisoft this year and I got nothing .
I signed the petition but I don't believe ubisoft will even pretend to care , worse thing about this is that ubisoft could win tons of money by making a new rayman in 3D but no they're still stuck with raving rabbids like a curse they can't undone , curse that started when they decided that rayman would not appear in the recent rabbids game , another proof that show they don't care about rayman anymore
Tout ce qui ne me tue pas
devrait courir!
Jocke155
Lums Violet

Post by Jocke155 »

MagicalPlatypus7 wrote:No rayman at E3 not even the switch edition , let's be honest ubisoft want to kill rayman and that Mario X rabbits crossover is a proof that they don't care for rayaman anymore , but I'm not even surprised , I expected nothing from ubisoft this year and I got nothing .
I signed the petition but I don't believe ubisoft will even pretend to care , worse thing about this is that ubisoft could win tons of money by making a new rayman in 3D but no they're still stuck with raving rabbids like a curse they can't undone , curse that started when they decided that rayman would not appear in the recent rabbids game , another proof that show they don't care about rayman anymore
Yeah you're probably right. But I'm very curious on what the response would be if we ever reach 100. All previous Rayman petitions that exist on change.org didn't make it and are now closed, so it would be the first petition from change that actually make it.

I mean the response could either be something positive, nothing at all or who knows :D Still just very curious.
MagicalPlatypus7
Moussu

It's worth trying , who know ubisoft might noticed that their still a Rayman community and maybe even allow a new rayman but the probability is low
devrait courir!
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

Jocke155 wrote:Another thing that makes me confused is that the Rabbids is still something Ubisoft try to use in games, like that would sell more than a Rayman game would? Does anyone know how much the Rabbids games sold compared to the Rayman games?
Rayman 3 made just barely 10'000 dollars whereas Rahman Raving Rabbids made 10 billion dollars, that should give some insight on why there have been so many Rabbids games and no more Rayman 3s. :sad:
Raymanarenaps2 wrote:Just because Rayman 4 was a canceled prototype name doesn't mean it can't be used for a future title.
Agreed, especially with clear continuation like "See you in Rayman 4!" it would be strange to separate the game from the trilogy. Personally, I think Mr. Dark, Razorbeard, Andre and Marta Banus should all return in this game - the 4th Rayman being a celebration of the four big Rayman villains.
MagicalPlatypus7 wrote:No rayman at E3 not even the switch edition , let's be honest ubisoft want to kill rayman and that Mario X rabbits crossover is a proof that they don't care for rayaman anymore , but I'm not even surprised , I expected nothing from ubisoft this year and I got nothing .
I HATE THE FUCKING RABBIDS! I WISH WHOEVER MADE RABBIDS FELL IN POO-CEMENT AND IT HARDENS AND THEY HAVE TO WALK WITH A POO SUIT FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES! :pascontent:
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Raymanarenaps2
Pti-lote

Post by Raymanarenaps2 »

MagicalPlatypus7 wrote:A large Rayman community
"That's exactly what we need" for a Rayman 4. If we can get a billion people into the Rayman games then maybe Ubisoft will give in. Numbers mean more than fans these days with these big corperations. Look at what happened with last years cod. Activision did everything except what everyone wanted with it. Since Activision has a large fanbase if the fans demand a classic call of duty they are going to get a classic call of duty like they are next novmember because they have a huge fanbase. Rayman doesn't have that big of a fanbase so Ubisoft doesn't think it's worth the investment.
MagicalPlatypus7
Moussu

I don't hate rabbids but as soon as they started to replace rayman it made feel very disappointed , especially with this Rabbids mario crossover , I know a lot of people myself including who prefer rayman over the rabbids, and I know no one who prefer rabbids over rayman , so why throwing rayman at the airlock , does the rabbids sell that well compare to rayman ?
I bet they would make so much money by releasing a new rayman in 3D but no... I wish I knew why we don't have any new content anymore (beside rayman adventures)
plus a crossover Mario X Rayman would probably look super cool , far better than with the rabbids but ubisoft doesn't seem to care in the slightest , they didn't even showed anything about rayman legends definitive edition a the E3 , they just put a message on twitter who looked like : "yeah rayman definitive edition is still happening but who care ?"

In my opinion they should stop the rabbids crap and get back to rayman for real , but sadly I'm not ubisoft director
devrait courir!
MagicalPlatypus7
Moussu

yeah but I wonder : is there really a big rabbids fan game besides kids ? (I don't mean to insult people who like rabbids but I think most of the people who prefer rabbids are kids who doesn't know about the first rayman games
devrait courir!
Raymanarenaps2
Pti-lote

Post by Raymanarenaps2 »

Ubisoft definently isn't replacing Rayman with the Rabids. It's not as bad as it was in 2007,2008 and 2009, they made more Rayman then Rabids in recent years.
Rayman makes more sense than the Rabids to have in a crossover title beside Mario, what were they thinking at Ubisoft. That's like saying lets put Metal gear and Kirby in a rpg crossover. It's not really to that extent but you see where i'm coming from. If it was Rayman next to Mario all the Mario fans would see Rayman and buy his older titles to see what he is about.
Raymanarenaps2
Pti-lote

Post by Raymanarenaps2 »

MagicalPlatypus7 wrote:yeah but I wonder : is there really a big rabbids fan game besides kids ? (I don't mean to insult people who like rabbids but I think most of the people who prefer rabbids are kids who doesn't know about the first rayman games
I actually liked the Rabids as a kid and do now. But I missed Rayman at the same time.