Error on Menezis

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

rayluk
Électoon
Tings: 5

Error on Menezis

Post by rayluk » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:39 am

hi guys, I noticed an error in the mini-games section of Rayman 2. menezis is an exclusive on PC and dreamcast but is not present in the Nintendo 64 version. It has probably been removed from the latter and added on PC system due to the CD capacity. in fact on the net there are videos just of the PC and dreamcast versions while no one of Nintendo 64. someone can post a video of menezis of the Nintendo 64 version. also record the audio courtesy otherwise it could be of another version. the nintendo 64 version has its own different sound. thank you.

rayIuk
Électoon
Tings: 10

Re: Error on Menezis

Post by rayIuk » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:03 pm

Guys no one has a Nintendo 64 version to test and successively post a video? Sincerely I'm skeptical. I knew that this mini game is not present in the final N64 version for reasons of space.
Someone can test this function?

As reported on site:
Menezis is a minigame from the Nintendo 64, PC and Dreamcast versions of Rayman 2. It is a basic space shooter where flying letters and numbers must be shot. In the Nintendo 64 version it is accessed by holding C-Left and quickly and repeatedly pressing the A+B buttons simultaneously during the credits. In the PC version it is accessed by the player waiting at the end screen of the game's credits until it appears or by typing "SHOOTEMUP" during the credits. In the Dreamcast version it is available as a downloadable bonus.

Also record the audio please. The N64 version has a different sound, and it could be another version.

rayblast
Électoon

Post by rayblast » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:50 am

Guys no one able to verify and post a video?

rixu
Électoon

Post by rixu » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:23 pm

Just no one??

maggot
Électoon

Post by maggot » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:47 am

rayIuk wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:03 pm
Guys no one has a Nintendo 64 version to test and successively post a video? Sincerely I'm skeptical. I knew that this mini game is not present in the final N64 version for reasons of space.
Someone can test this function?

As reported on site:
Menezis is a minigame from the Nintendo 64, PC and Dreamcast versions of Rayman 2. It is a basic space shooter where flying letters and numbers must be shot. In the Nintendo 64 version it is accessed by holding C-Left and quickly and repeatedly pressing the A+B buttons simultaneously during the credits. In the PC version it is accessed by the player waiting at the end screen of the game's credits until it appears or by typing "SHOOTEMUP" during the credits. In the Dreamcast version it is available as a downloadable bonus.

Also record the audio please. The N64 version has a different sound, and it could be another version.
Ok, the site aims to be precise but in this case I can say otherwise. Reports a similar update without even attach a video about it. I know that Menezis in the Nintendo 64 version was removed for reasons of space on the cartridge, and this kind of updates must be demonstrated with the presence of facts, not simply in words. I do not know what your source was but it would be right to correct. The PC version is similar to the Nintendo 64 version (although the most faithful to the latter is the Playstation version for more several reasons) but have really numerous differences. One of these I know that's the absence of Menezis from the N64 version.
I no longer have my N64 to try personally.

In short, or attach a video proof of what you say or at least correct the page.

RibShark
Électoon
Tings: 15

Post by RibShark » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:11 am

You don't need to keep creating alts to prove your point. In any case, it was me who found you could access Menezis on the N64 version. I'd record a video but it seems somewhat worthless, as it is the same as on PC. If you don't believe me, I don't know what to say.

mggt
Électoon

Post by mggt » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:08 am

RibShark wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:11 am
You don't need to keep creating alts to prove your point. In any case, it was me who found you could access Menezis on the N64 version. I'd record a video but it seems somewhat worthless, as it is the same as on PC. If you don't believe me, I don't know what to say.
Would you mind posting it anyway if it doesn't require you too much effort? After all, many videos of N64 version have been published, considered by many (along with the PlayStation version) almost a separate version. It would therefore be nice to see Menezis as it also runs on the Nintendo 64. You would make a valuable contribution, otherwise why people will struggle to make videos of each separate version otherwise. Come on, we do not border superficiality.