Could Rayman Raving Rabbids prototype be the new Rayman 4?

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

SrRayman
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Could Rayman Raving Rabbids prototype be the new Rayman 4?

Post by SrRayman » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:12 pm

It would be nice to see the Rabbids but in the way they were supposed to be originally. I think the Rabbids would have potential to be the game it was supposed to be a long time ago. Sadly, I don't see many people think about this. As much as they are annoying, they could be the villains they were always supposed to be. It's kinda sad seeing the Rabbids go to waste. Looking back at them, they are pretty annoying and the only reason why kids like them is that their brain dead. The Rabbids don't have to be that way. Could they be the new villain for Rayman 4? :pardon2:
-Sr.Rayman
See ya on the Rayman side!
(CURRENTLY DOWN) <--- My Discord
Random Stuff:
Coming 2020! :D

Kono Mike Da!
Obus à Pattes
Tings: 330

Re: Could Rayman Raving Rabbids prototype be the new Rayman 4?

Post by Kono Mike Da! » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:20 pm

I doubt it. Mechanically, it could play similarily to the prototype/what remains in RRR’s code (although it does look quite stiff), but the Rabbids are too famous to become the zombie rabbits they were supposed to be. Plus, the devs wouldn’t be able to reuse assets, as proto-RRR was evisioned as an early Wii game, and they would look rather outdated by today’s standards.

raymanHUN
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 2535

Post by raymanHUN » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:25 am

I don't think they would make good villains now that they grew out to an entirely new franchise. I would also say they won't appear ever again in a Rayman game (maybe some references), seeing how they are treated right now. Basically, Rabbids needed Rayman to jump-start their career. They have their own games, cartoon-series, crossover titles, and Rayman is nowhere to be seen in any of them (or if he is, please tell me where, I must have missed those parts). Rabbids are loved by kids because they are silly, and do stupid things. I want Rayman 4 to be a bit more serious than that. Much more serious, rather. And I think we have a great chance for it, seeing how BG&E went from PEGI-12 to PEGI-18. I'm not expecting it to got PEGI-18, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was aimed more for teenagers instead of kids.

TL;DR: Rabbids could have had potential, but they got their own franchise - without Rayman - so I don't think they would/should return.
my childhood in one music

Steo
Rayman 2
Tings: 181228

Post by Steo » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:05 am

SrRayman wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:12 pm
the only reason why kids like them is that they're brain dead.
:P

I honestly just personally wouldn't class Rabbids games as Rayman games, they're just not the same thing in my opinion.

EDIT: I would prefer no Rabbids or references to them in Rayman 4 whatsoever. They have enough glory with all those games and they even have their own separate series now. They even had a cartoon as mentioned above.
How much Ray may a Rayman man if a Rayman may Man Ray?
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687

SrRayman
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by SrRayman » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:25 am

Steo wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:05 am
SrRayman wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:12 pm
the only reason why kids like them is that they're brain dead.
:P

I honestly just personally wouldn't class Rabbids games as Rayman games, they're just not the same thing in my opinion.

EDIT: I would prefer no Rabbids or references to them in Rayman 4 whatsoever. They have enough glory with all those games and they even have their own separate series now. They even had a cartoon as mentioned above.
True. I just wish they could be the Rabbids they were always supposed to be. I actually still don't get why people hate the Rabbids. Mainly because I've forgotten what it's like to play RRR. Welp. My hope might die. :( As you have said before:
Steo wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:05 am
They have enough glory with all those games and they even have their own separate series now. They even had a cartoon as mentioned above.
Also, is it weird how I still like the Rabbids? Bye.
-Sr.Rayman
See ya on the Rayman side!
(CURRENTLY DOWN) <--- My Discord
Random Stuff:
Coming 2020! :D

Steo
Rayman 2
Tings: 181228

Post by Steo » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:33 am

I don't dislike them, but they just don't fit into the Rayman series for me. They should have never really been a part of Rayman and just been their own series from the start.

I know not everyone will agree with this, but that's just what I think.
How much Ray may a Rayman man if a Rayman may Man Ray?
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687

raymanHUN
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 2535

Post by raymanHUN » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:42 am

SrRayman wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:25 am
Mainly because I've forgotten what it's like to play RRR.
I don't think the gameplay is the problem, tbh. I remember having fun playing RRR, and one of my friends got into the series by playing RRR. My problem with them, is that I wanted a new Rayman game. Platforming, action, etc. Rabbids wouldn't have been a problem either to appear as enemies. But this, minigame-collection, if you will, in a Rayman skin wasn't what I really hoped for, and I think most others don't like the game for the same reason. I think Rabbids are disliked because they kind of, I don't want to say killed, but rather stalled Rayman. That's just my opinion though.
my childhood in one music