Ubisoft Deleted Jungle/Fiesta Run?

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
CunningCondor
Moussu
Tings: 1105

Ubisoft Deleted Jungle/Fiesta Run?

Post by CunningCondor »

A little over a month ago, both apps stopped being able to launch due to the latest iOS update messing with their compatibility. I contacted Ubisoft support and we both concluded that they just needed a little patch. A few days later, both of the games disappeared from the App Store entirely. I initially assumed this was simply a temporary solution to prevent people from purchasing a nonfunctioning app until it's patched. However, when inquiring about this, they sent me back this:

(This was a month ago)

I've contacted them again today to check on the progress and am waiting to hear back, but my concern is that rather than simply patch the two games, they instead decided to just permanently delete both of them without any intention of distributing refunds. This is just speculation on my part but it seems credible to me.

Anyone else have any info on this?
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Re: Ubisoft Deleted Jungle/Fiesta Run?

Post by RayCarrot »

I contacted them too and received this:
Hello RayCarrot. Thanks for reaching out with your question. I do apologize as Rayman Jungle Run and Fiesta Run are no longer available on iOS platforms.
On Android the additional files for Jungle Run can no longer be downloaded.
StelzenBomber
Dragon mécanique
Tings: 25637

Post by StelzenBomber »

Aditional files?

What do you mean?
CunningCondor
Moussu

Post by CunningCondor »

RayCarrot wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:08 pm I contacted them too and received this:
Hello RayCarrot. Thanks for reaching out with your question. I do apologize as Rayman Jungle Run and Fiesta Run are no longer available on iOS platforms.
On Android the additional files for Jungle Run can no longer be downloaded.
Then, yeah, this is problematic. Both of these games just needed a tiny patch, but they instead decide to just erase the games entirely without refunds, even for those who purchased the apps just before they became defective? Thats pretty low.
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

The gallery files for Android fail to download and the game refuses to start. I explained it here.

Also, I agree, they really should have just patched it, especially since it's not even a free game.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
CunningCondor
Moussu

Post by CunningCondor »

It's baffling. The support guys are still being vague and I'd hate for these two great games to join the group of highly acclaimed mobile games that are wiped from existence similarly to both Mirror's Edge and Dead Space's iOS versions.

But yeah as of now, for everyone with the latest iOS versions, both games simply crash upon launching. They still work on my old iPhone thankfully since it's too old to update but still, that device will eventually die n all.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Pretty sad yeah, and they'll probably do the same with Jungle Run for Android since the gallery is broken. At least on Android you'll still get the option to download an APK and get it working though I guess, assuming it works on Android 10.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Unfortunately, that's quite the standard for mobile apps.

The best thing to do is probably to get hold of the APKs and use an Android emulator to play the games. As for the iOS versions, not sure what the best course of action is, but in the case of Fiesta Run there was some extra content and losing it forever would kinda suck.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

A couple of people were wondering if it was possible to import the extra content into the Android version, but it's probably kind of complicated.

RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

I'm sure Droolie can make that possible eventually with UbiCanvas as it reads the games files entirely. The file structure and such are the same across all versions, so it's merely just changing the contents of some of them. But it's still sad to see it become unavailable. It's already happened with Rayman 2 on iOS, Rayman Classic and Rayman Legends Beatbox...
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

The difference with those is that there were superior versions available on non-mobile platforms. Not so this time. :(
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

From a collector/fan perspective I found them interesting. Rayman 2 on iOS has some interesting changes. Only one which has no value is Beatbox as it's just the same as the Flash web page.
At least we have PC versions of the Run games. Just that Fiesta Run is missing the iOS content and Jungle Run is missing the last 2 worlds.
StelzenBomber
Dragon mécanique

Post by StelzenBomber »

I miss Rayman Classic and Rayman 2 The most

Rayman 2 especialy, as it seems to have some interesting changes and seems to have a wired history with its soundtrack (really wish a full one was released)

A shame it only got to IOS and not android

I dont think the newst IOS version even makes the game work anymore

And rayman classic is at least still easy to get, with the big issue being android doesnt support a controller, which i suspect is a glitch

Classic, if ported to another system like pc could have been the "best" rayman 1 version as it combines the ps1 soundtrack with the pc level design (my prefered one) but as it is, ps1 is still the king atm

Rayman Ubi Art apps are...tbh i dont really care for them
At this point i was somewhat sick of ubiart games and just wanted a new 3d game...or rayman 1 sprites
But its still sad to see them go...as i think the android versions are next

TlDR: i miss them

I swear to god, if rayman 3 hd is next, ill invade ubisoft with dms crying
RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

PluMGMK wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:47 pm There are PC versions? :o
On Windows 8/10 through the Microsoft Store
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

StelzenBomber wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:53 pm Classic, if ported to another system like pc could have been the "best" rayman 1 version as it combines the ps1 soundtrack with the pc level design (my prefered one) but as it is, ps1 is still the king atm
To be fair, Rayman Plus does this too.
StelzenBomber
Dragon mécanique

Post by StelzenBomber »

I still dont really know what rayman plus is
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Rayman Plus is a mod for Rayman 1 on PC basically. It adds the missing music from PS1 to the game. It likely wouldn't have the MIDI ones like the drum beats, but those are triggered in the PS1 version, and the PC wouldn't be designed to have those triggers.

The thread for Rayman Plus can be found here.

RayCarrot
Tily

Post by RayCarrot »

Rayman Plus does not have the MIDI music. And unlike the PS1 version it only has one music track per level area. Rayman Control Panel has the exact same functionality, but with added support for all Rayman 1 versions + some minor fixes. Plum also made the control panel code available directly in a modified version of DOSBox to avoid memory reading from an external application.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

CunningCondor wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:28 am But yeah as of now, for everyone with the latest iOS versions, both games simply crash upon launching. They still work on my old iPhone thankfully since it's too old to update but still, that device will eventually die n all.
I have heard of this. Thankfully I haven't updated my iPhone 6S in awhile now, especially upon realising the games no longer even show up on the App Store. Shame to see them go, but I don't plan to upgrade this phone anytime soon, I can pass on Mini tbh. Thankfully I still have Classic, Jungle Run, Fiesta Run and Adventures still on my Phone (the ios R2 might still be on the old iPhone 4 I have lol).

I had no idea the Run games existed on the Microsoft store, I need to check these out later. I haven't played either game on my phone in awhile now but they're still fun games to play.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L