TTQ Season 139 - The Jonster

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
dr_st
Eig
Tings: 40813

Re: TTQ: Season 128 – dr_st

Post by dr_st »

TheLimblessLad wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:32 pm Uh, I think Baby Football?
"Baby Football" is indeed an exclusive mini-game, but it is not one of Ly's Challenges.
TheLimblessLad
Otto Psi
Tings: 6040

Post by TheLimblessLad »

dr_st wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:16 am
TheLimblessLad wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:32 pm Uh, I think Baby Football?
"Baby Football" is indeed an exclusive mini-game, but it is not one of Ly's Challenges.
Ah, okay then... \_(T-T)_/

oof
Heya, I'm TheLimblessLad, and I started my Rayman journey in mid 2020 with Origins, and have loved the series ever since.
I also run a pretty decent Rayman Twitter account, @RaymanFacts, so that's cool.
dr_st
Eig

Post by dr_st »

It's been 72 hours; anyone can (re)answer now. :)

Question 45: Which of Ly's Challenges are exclusive to Rayman Revolution, meaning they appear in no other version of Rayman 2 - neither as a bonus game, nor as a normal level/segment?
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Is that not Pyralums or something like this?
dr_st
Eig

Post by dr_st »

Pyralums was originally in the Dreamcast version. In Revolution it is known as "Jump Challenge".
TheLimblessLad
Otto Psi
Tings: 6040

Post by TheLimblessLad »

dr_st wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:24 pm Pyralums was originally in the Dreamcast version. In Revolution it is known as "Jump Challenge".
The Ray-Type Challenge?
Heya, I'm TheLimblessLad, and I started my Rayman journey in mid 2020 with Origins, and have loved the series ever since.
I also run a pretty decent Rayman Twitter account, @RaymanFacts, so that's cool.
dr_st
Eig

Post by dr_st »

True, but there's more...
Ilyaman
Lividstone
Tings: 415

Post by Ilyaman »

Space bonus levels and water ski challenges?
dr_st
Eig

Post by dr_st »

Ilyaman wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:26 am Space bonus levels and water ski challenges?
I will accept your answer even though I don't understand why levels/challenges are in plural. :) It is indeed Waterski Challenge and Ray-Type Challenge. Of the 6 other mini-games - 3 are bonuses from the Dreamcast version, 2 are Ly's race levels from the original game and Roller-Coaster Challenge is the chair segment from "The Top of the World".

Scoreboard
PluMGMK: 9 points
The Jonster: 8 points + Bonus
Hunchman801: 6 points + Bonus
lumgum: 5 points
CurlyBrace: 4 points
Ilyaman: 4 points
Steo: 2 points
Elite Piranha: 2 points
hoodlumsworld: 1 point
Fifo: 1 point
TheLimblessLad: 1 point
--
Unanswered: 2 questions

Question 46: Describe the secret/easter egg from the Grolgoth fight at the end of Rayman 2 (PC/N64/DC/PS2 version). How do you find it and what does it give you?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

You have to fly into the ceiling of the main room while pressing the shoot and jump buttons, which sends you to a corridor with a lot of obstacles, at the end of which you find a blue (I think?) sphere that gives you unlimited ammunition for the fight (you don't have to reload by collecting the regular yellow (?) spheres). That, and you're sent back to the main room, of course.
dr_st
Eig

Post by dr_st »

This is a very detailed nearly flawless answer, so of course you get the point. :)

Technically, you don't find the sphere at the end of the tunnel; it just ends with a flame in a portal that takes you back to the main room. However, after you visited the tunnel, the normal flames give you infinite ammo and the sphere indicating ammo will be not yellow, but blue (or in case of Revolution, something like green-blue). It doesn't matter whether you pick up the flame before or after visiting the secret tunnel, but you still have to pick it up once.

P.S. I just noticed how awkward the first phase of the Crow's Nest fight feels in Revolution compared to the other versions. It seems that the Grolgoth is out of sync with the missiles and there is a big delay between when they hit (or miss) him and his reaction.

Scoreboard
Hunchman801: 7 points + Bonus
lumgum: 5 points
--

Question 47: Which of the musical levels in Rayman Legends end with the hero(es) being surrounded by "baddies" playing musical instruments?
(8-bit versions don't count as separate levels for this question)
Ilyaman
Lividstone

Post by Ilyaman »

Well it can be Marracas Madness (you can be surrounded by skeletons) Gloo Gloo (you can be surrounded by swordfishes and maybe bombs) and Land of them Livid Dead one where are you surrounded by grannies with guitars.
dr_st
Eig

Post by dr_st »

^^
Sorry, this answer is in the general direction, but it is not accurate.

Please let someone else try to answer now. :)
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

dr_st wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:32 pm Technically, you don't find the sphere at the end of the tunnel; it just ends with a flame in a portal that takes you back to the main room. However, after you visited the tunnel, the normal flames give you infinite ammo and the sphere indicating ammo will be not yellow, but blue (or in case of Revolution, something like green-blue). It doesn't matter whether you pick up the flame before or after visiting the secret tunnel, but you still have to pick it up once.
I knew I couldn't remember it that well. :P Though it suddenly makes a lot of sense now you mention it. :oops2:
lumgum
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 10673

Post by lumgum »

IIRC Gloo Gloo just ends with you on a raft next to the inflatable island from the first level of that world, so I'll say just Mariachi Madness and Living Dead Party (I think it's called?)

Dark Rayman says hi! I'm also still in Candy Chateau!
My current rank is: Medieval Dragon! Perhaps some minty freshness will cool down that breath!
dr_st
Eig

Post by dr_st »

lumgum wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:54 pm just Mariachi Madness and Living Dead Party
This is correct (although the "Living Dead" music level itself is called "Grannies World Tour", but it is a common confusion). Swordfish are present in Gloo Gloo, but they do not play musical instruments, which was part of the question, after all. ;)

Scoreboard
Hunchman801: 7 points + Bonus
lumgum: 6 points
--

Question 48: Name three things in Rayman 3 that give you a -1 (point taken off your score), but do not affect Rayman's lifebar.
dr_st
Eig

Post by dr_st »

No Rayman 3 veterans here? I would imagine this is something anyone who has tried to score big would know. :)
Ilyaman
Lividstone

Post by Ilyaman »

Sorry, but this is unanswered too.)
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Falling off the Teensie highway, for one? I think this is also the case when you crash the crazy shoe into a wall, but I can't really think of a third one.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

Maybe when you hit the Cagoulette target in the Hoodlum HQ? I think that also decreases a progress bar, but doesn't affect your health.