Rare Rayman Pictures

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Cairnie
Bétilla
Tings: 81505

Re: Rare Rayman Pictures

Post by Cairnie »

Is it me or does Ly have blue lips in this character chart? Like how the beta renders of Ly for Rayman 3 she has blue lips as well. <minor details>
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
Eeeebray
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9050

Post by Eeeebray »

I really love this rare picture.

Ly the fairy, has like in this artwork: http://rayman-fanpage.de/rayman2/ray2_s ... n2_500.jpg no tail. And I think, the blue lips were only a idea for Rayman 3.
About Polokus, I heard he was meant to brew a potion for Rayman to defeat the Pirates, but needed the help of the Masks to do it. This would explain why Polokus is brewing something in this picture: http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m353 ... a-poro.jpg

And I saw the Carmen picture before. It was in a old fanmade Rayman website, which is closed now. http://web.archive.org/web/200711091025 ... dunoe.html
Raymanni
Pâquerette
Tings: 12835

Post by Raymanni »

Why does Ly always have red balls in these pictures? In the tailless picture she's holding those balls and then there's the gif where she's juggling. Even in the picture that Haruka showed she's holding red balls.
CHRdutch
Bzzit
Tings: 23280

Post by CHRdutch »

There are strange looking objects in Rayman 2 for Dreamcast and Rayman Revolution. The one in the Dreamcast is seen in the water at the beginning where the log is (only when the game's completed), and the one in Revolution is at the end in the trees.
What do they mean with that? :confus:
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/user/CHRdutch
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness
Eeeebray
Roméo Patti

Post by Eeeebray »

Raymanni wrote:Why does Ly always have red balls in these pictures? In the tailless picture she's holding those balls and then there's the gif where she's juggling. Even in the picture that Haruka showed she's holding red balls.
You mean this gif?
Even in the Rayman 2 screensaver she is juggling. And it contains unused Rayman 2 stuff.
Snagglebee
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 2740

Post by Snagglebee »

Miss-Cerasus wrote:Even in the Rayman 2 screensaver she is juggling.
Oh I remember that! As far as I can tell, it has been distributed in Rayman Compilation. But was it made available online from official source?
Eeeebray
Roméo Patti

Post by Eeeebray »

I found it here: http://www.rayman-fanpage.de/rayzubehoe ... sories.htm
Along with other cool stuff.
Snagglebee
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 2740

Post by Snagglebee »

That website has been existing for years. But it's not the official thing, keep in mind.
Eeeebray
Roméo Patti

Post by Eeeebray »

It is sadly the only one I could find. Maybe it is on the official Rayman 2 site. But Waybackmachine does not find everything.
Raymanni
Pâquerette

Post by Raymanni »

Miss-Cerasus wrote:
Raymanni wrote:Why does Ly always have red balls in these pictures? In the tailless picture she's holding those balls and then there's the gif where she's juggling. Even in the picture that Haruka showed she's holding red balls.
You mean this gif?
*EPIC GIF*
Even in the Rayman 2 screensaver she is juggling. And it contains unused Rayman 2 stuff.
Yeah, that one. Was Ly meant to be a juggler?
spiraldoor
Mr Dark
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

Miss-Cerasus wrote:About Polokus, I heard he was meant to brew a potion for Rayman to defeat the Pirates, but needed the help of the Masks to do it. This would explain why Polokus is brewing something in this picture: http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m353 ... a-poro.jpg
Where did you hear that? It sounds like something someone just made up after seeing that picture.

I don't think there's a huge mystery about Ly's juggling balls, it's just a thing for her to do in artwork. These are only character studies.
Imco
Clark
Tings: 123540

Post by Imco »

Maybe it's just a hobby of hers? Maybe she just likes juggling? Maybe Polokus just likes making mushroom stew? Not everything has to be lore :P
Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur:
Eeeebray
Roméo Patti

Post by Eeeebray »

spiraldoor wrote:
Miss-Cerasus wrote:About Polokus, I heard he was meant to brew a potion for Rayman to defeat the Pirates, but needed the help of the Masks to do it. This would explain why Polokus is brewing something in this picture: http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m353 ... a-poro.jpg
Where did you hear that? It sounds like something someone just made up after seeing that picture.

I don't think there's a huge mystery about Ly's juggling balls, it's just a thing for her to do in artwork. These are only character studies.
http://oldgamemags.tumblr.com/post/1076 ... 998-rayman

Rayman must find ingredients for a magical soup. And I read "magician" on the second scan. So it is possibly Polokus, who brews the magical soup, to help Rayman to defeat the pirates. Makes sense somehow. I know magazine scans are not 100% correct, but they mentioned the old storyline, about that intergalactic zoo. And Rayman has his old model, in which his eyes shows another expression. The same expression which was shown on the family portrait and in some beta Rayman 2 pictures I once showed.

I am sure, Polokus was a magician first, who helped Rayman to make a magical soup. Sound strange, I know. But it could be possible for a prototype/beta storyline. And this could be the reason Ubisoft decided to change the storyline into more better.
Raymanni
Pâquerette

Post by Raymanni »

Imco wrote:Maybe it's just a hobby of hers? Maybe she just likes juggling? Maybe Polokus just likes making mushroom stew? Not everything has to be lore :P
Ah yes, maybe you are right.
Cairnie
Bétilla
Tings: 81505

Post by Cairnie »

Magical soup...

Asterix much?

Did that scan get put up recently or something because I follow that blog too and haven't seen it yet.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
Eeeebray
Roméo Patti

Post by Eeeebray »

I found two new Rayman pictures. These are from Mhauss, on Pinerest.

I want to share them with you guys.

The Globox one is possibly from Rayman Arena/M.
Attachments
ccd3a86227c5a1066fd552486408d7a6.jpg
ea4302ee27f6f7fd6a2fead8dfcae0eb.jpg
Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Good findings! ;)
Eeeebray
Roméo Patti

Post by Eeeebray »

More stuff posted from Mhauss.

He is a very nice person. I again talked with him per Email, and he will answer me some important Rayman questions. Especially about Ly and the fifth episode about the Tv Series he worked on.

He even made the cars of the series, how cute.

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

More inédit pictures! :D

Mhauss also worked for Rayman 3. Maybe he owns things we never saw?