Rayman 3 scores

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman 3 scores

Post by incognito » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:59 am

Man, with that rank for a minute I confused you with Fifo. :lol:

Dildo_Potter
Mr Sax
Tings: 28678

Post by Dildo_Potter » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:59 pm

Hunchman801 wrote:Good to see you back, Dildo_Potter. Only a few days and you're already starting to make my score look ridiculous.
Salut Hunchman801! ça fait plaisir de te voir par ici. Pour les scores, bah ouais, j'ai la maitrise 8) Tu pourrais t'y mettre un de ces jours.

1234, I watched your videos about LOTLD attempts and it's awesome :bigup: and must be insanely difficult aswell.
In BOM i will go for it.

Cut, what do you mean by "people PogChamp" ?

Edit: 1234: When do you usually exit to desktop?

Edit: Those muddibogs ruin my combo each time... I hit one with a normal or curved shot; it doesn't die! :grrrrrr: :destroy: I'm going to end like this kid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Pq56pHtnY

Xenon
André
Tings: 94475

Post by Xenon » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:49 pm

Dildo_Potter wrote: I'm going to end like this kid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Pq56pHtnY
Oh come on, to post a video of Cut without his permission is just mean you know...

Nah, good to see another player return. I suppose it's a good thing you were absent during the IPG discoveries though. That affected the morale of this community in a big way, as I'm sure you've read. But we're still all cuddly bears deep down. Have fun with the game!

Vendeur
Tings: 9804

Post by 1234 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:29 pm

Dildo_Potter wrote:1234, I watched your videos about LOTLD attempts and it's awesome :bigup: and must be insanely difficult aswell.
Thank you! Yes, the combos are quite hard; even with much practice they will remain frustrating. :P
Dildo_Potter wrote:Edit: 1234: When do you usually exit to desktop?
The last time I played the combo was already a few years ago, so I don't remember the best moment; but going by a few tests which I made just some minutes ago, the success rate seems pretty high when you return to the desktop shortly after the hoodblaster kills the first muddibog. Often the hoodblaster will even keep all 3 HP then.
Dildo_Potter wrote:Those muddibogs ruin my combo each time... I hit one with a normal or curved shot; it doesn't die!
I remember that I had some problems with one muddibog too (the muddibog which you kill last, while standing on a mushroom). It turned out to be effective to hit it while you are jumping. Other than that I've no idea how to prevent it.
Xenon wrote: I suppose it's a good thing you were absent during the IPG discoveries though. That affected the morale of this community in a big way, as I'm sure you've read.
Well, I hope we've all got over it meanwhile. Actually I think a solution was found which everyone could accept, or not? MandM also revealed his scores at the request of other players, so I'd say everything should be fine now. I myself see no reason for a bad atmosphere in this topic now. All players involved in the old discussion should simply forget about it and enjoy the game when time allows. 8)
FC: 51.570 | CF: 129.750 | BOM: 100.899 | LOTLD: 122.659 | DOTK: 110.929 | LS: 43.200 | SBTC: 111.459 | HH: 119.849 | TOTL: 110.499

Total: 900.814

Dildo_Potter
Mr Sax

Post by Dildo_Potter » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:11 pm

Thanks Xenon!

Well I finally managed to totally combo all these pieces of shyt. And failed the green gem combo. I think I won't have the muddibog problem again. I'm almost sure it was a timing problem. When I kill last muddibog immediately after the first mushroom (and not the second, as I always did), it works. And I have to make preparations each time, and that sucks.
When I failed I had 37k or 38k.

Edit: Today I managed to do six times the big combo method 1. Three times in a row :hehe: Now it seems doable. But each time I ruined my green gem combo :x Any trick for it?

REEDIT2: DID IT! Retried this early evening, after a fail of the big combo, got it, went to the island, got the green gem for 9000 finally! :D :teuf:
That gives me a total of 43425 points for part 3! First time that high.

Edit 2 days after post :P :P :1234 :arrow: In part 4, I wonder why do you kill the hoodblaster on the right in your part 4 video. Also how do you reach the upper level without the LJ? I remember a SJ but don't find the video.

Edit again: I didn't bother and went for the good old combos, the one from Mountain Goat and the one with the muddibogs and other hoodlums. I finished with 64.118 points and I must say I'm beaming with joy. To pc players, how long did it take you to get the razoff glitch? I think I won't even try.

Vendeur

Post by 1234 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:24 pm

Dildo_Potter wrote:Edit 2 days after post :P :P :1234 :arrow: In part 4, I wonder why do you kill the hoodblaster on the right in your part 4 video. Also how do you reach the upper level without the LJ? I remember a SJ but don't find the video.
I kill the hoodblaster, because otherwise the other hoodblaster won't jump on the wooden platform and then you won't be able to kill him during the combo. You can reach the upper level by using the glitch showed in this video.
Dildo_Potter wrote:Edit again: I didn't bother and went for the good old combos, the one from Mountain Goat and the one with the muddibogs and other hoodlums. I finished with 64.118 points and I must say I'm beaming with joy. To pc players, how long did it take you to get the razoff glitch? I think I won't even try.
Nice score! I think you'll come very close to 100k. Congrats! :partyhat:
I myself never succeeded in the triple glitch, even though I had hundreds of attempts. Within all this attempts I got maybe 4-8 times the double glitch, so it's also quite rare. However the single glitch occured more frequently, so maybe you can go for that? This shouldn't take too long. Anyway, if you try the razoff-glitch, then good luck, you'll definitely need it. :wink:

A small update: In LOTLD 3 it's possible to activate the lever at the beginning of the part by using a SJ. Unfortunately this won't open the gate, but you'll still get the 30 points. When you return to the first area after the shoe race, the lever will be in its initial position again. That means you can activate the lever again and get another 30 points. Unfortunately it would be after the final combo so you can't take advantage of the 2nd 30 points.
FC: 51.570 | CF: 129.750 | BOM: 100.899 | LOTLD: 122.659 | DOTK: 110.929 | LS: 43.200 | SBTC: 111.459 | HH: 119.849 | TOTL: 110.499

incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by incognito » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:25 pm

Dammit, trying to complete the game as you guys do is like trying to beat Xaero in nightmare mode without dying in quake III arena, it is possible as shown by a youtube video, but you have to hardly grip yourself to your sanity and be alone in your room, as you risk to punch the person next to you.

Dildo_Potter
Mr Sax

Post by Dildo_Potter » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:39 pm

Incognito :arrow: Indeed :fou:
1234 :arrow: Thanks for the explanations. Part 5: Didn't bother with the razoff glitches, got the green gem for 3000 in combo, hit him like explained by MandM81, killed him in 1500 combo, as Razoff entered by the wrong side, and I didn't bother, but I should have restarted.
I'm in part 6 since yesterday, and even if I don't make Razoff fall, he ends up by crushing the red can. I think I gotta keep up like that, and kill him in combo with the red can.
Other than that, I'm really eager to see you succeed in your LOTLD new max, as the combos you and Maz planned are insanely hard and interresting. I also wonder if a new max score in the desert would be possible by getting the green gems combo at lastn in part 7. The problem is, I don't know if there is enough points in previous levels to make that possible. By the way, how much are you planning to get in LOTLD? 124k?

Edit: MandM81 :arrow: Again congratz for the gigantic 133k in SBTC. As you got your last combo in part 3, that combo was about 33k or more right? So I'm wondering if you got the WHOLE level in combo in order to reach THAT :shoote:

EDIT: I don't know if you guys knew it, but I GOT RAZOFF PART 6 IN COMBO WHEN HE DIES (3400 or 3200)!! Unfortunately, I think my final combo didn't count. I'm gonna restart and film it (I can restart by using my backup save). So basically (if the final combo counts) I think there is a new max, unless I'm totally mistaken and stupid.

Edit: I got the combo video: I indeed killed him in combo but the combo points don't count after the cutscene. I'll post the video if you think it may enable a new max.

BOM personal best achieved: 87.338 points :fou2:

Maz
Murray
Tings: 20268

Post by Maz » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:44 pm

I had to re-install Rayman 3 because I upgraded to Windows 10 without any back-ups. Today I got to CF3 and finally managed to find an extremely awkward Combo which allows for 110k+ Points after Part 3 even without the use of Glitches. Sadly, I lost my Score-Sheets along with my saves, so I don't know the exact amount of Points, plus I don't have a recording software anymore to show off the Combo, but anyway, it worked out at long last! :)
Dildo_Potter wrote: I also wonder if a new max score in the desert would be possible by getting the green gems combo at lastn in part 7. The problem is, I don't know if there is enough points in previous levels to make that possible.
Working on it. ;)
DOTK was actually another project of mine (since failing to pass the maximum in CF over and over became frustrating). I didn't get past Part 1, because there's a really hard/impossible Combo which I have yet to succeed in; but once I get there, I'll bee on the lookout for additional Points in the other Parts as well. I'll post any improvements I might find.
Dildo_Potter wrote: I don't know if you guys knew it, but I GOT RAZOFF PART 6 IN COMBO WHEN HE DIES (3400 or 3200)!! Unfortunately, I think my final combo didn't count. I'm gonna restart and film it (I can restart by using my backup save). So basically (if the final combo counts) I think there is a new max, unless I'm totally mistaken and stupid.
Yeah, I succeeded in that as well. Unfortunately, Razoff - like any other enemy outside of Master Kaag - gives you 6 seconds of Combo-Time, meaning Combo-Mode won't run out before the cutscene starts. Therefore, getting a new maximum by getting Razoff in a Combo is impossible.
1234 wrote: A small update: In LOTLD 3 it's possible to activate the lever at the beginning of the part by using a SJ. Unfortunately this won't open the gate, but you'll still get the 30 points. When you return to the first area after the shoe race, the lever will be in its initial position again. That means you can activate the lever again and get another 30 points. Unfortunately it would be after the final combo so you can't take advantage of the 2nd 30 points.
If the SJ launches you high enough to hit the Lever, does that mean you can also pass over the closed gate? If so, can you take the Gems there before executing the big Combo?
FC: 54.450 | CF: 131.900 (PB: 134.150) | BOM: 100.899 | LOTLD: 122.619 (PB: 123.839) | DOTK: 118.640 | LS: 43.110 (PB: 43.470) | SBTC: 110.479 | HH: 120.609 | TOTL: 118.689

Total: 921.395 (old savegame, current Total: 902.045)

Vendeur

Post by 1234 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:33 am

Dildo_Potter wrote:By the way, how much are you planning to get in LOTLD? 124k?
I'm not quite sure whether I'll really try to get a new max in practice. You can make part 1 and part 2 a little bit easier, so that's no big deal (or let's say it's acceptable :P ). The greater problem is the final combo. There are many parts which require ridiculous accuracy and you have to succeed in all of them in one try. The point is that you cannot make the final combo easier because otherwise you won't get enough points. However if I find some tricks to increase the success rate of these critical parts, then I might give this level a try. Then I'd go for maybe 124k. However in theory I'll try to get the most out of this level.
Also nice score in BOM, I guess LOTLD will be the next level you'll improve!?
Maz wrote:I had to re-install Rayman 3 because I upgraded to Windows 10 without any back-ups. Today I got to CF3 and finally managed to find an extremely awkward Combo which allows for 110k+ Points after Part 3 even without the use of Glitches. Sadly, I lost my Score-Sheets along with my saves, so I don't know the exact amount of Points, plus I don't have a recording software anymore to show off the Combo, but anyway, it worked out at long last! :)
Finally a new no-glitch maximum, nice! It's a pity that you can't make a video of that combo, but maybe you could still shortly describe it if it's no trouble, would be interesting to know.
By the way, doesn't Bandicam work on Win10 anymore or didn't you simply download this program yet? Maybe another software will do, like Fraps?
As for the lost data, I hope you've learnt your lesson: Don't underestimate backups! :P
Maz wrote:DOTK was actually another project of mine (since failing to pass the maximum in CF over and over became frustrating). I didn't get past Part 1, because there's a really hard/impossible Combo which I have yet to succeed in; but once I get there, I'll bee on the lookout for additional Points in the other Parts as well. I'll post any improvements I might find.
A few months ago I also tried a combo in part 1: I tried to break the 3 piggybanks, jump on the edge of the bridge, kill the hoodblaster and then jump to the small platform with the 3 yellow gems (just below the platform with the blue can) and continue with these gems and the piggybank above. It's possible to reach the platform, but I don' know, whether you'll get the gems in time. Did you try the combo (and maybe even succeed in it)?
Maz wrote:If the SJ launches you high enough to hit the Lever, does that mean you can also pass over the closed gate? If so, can you take the Gems there before executing the big Combo?
You can get over the gate, since the SJ can be quite effective, but unfortunately you cannot get back again, or at least I can't. So close yet so far. :roll:

Dildo_Potter
Mr Sax

Post by Dildo_Potter » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:26 am

Thanks 1234. Yes I'm on LOTLD since one hour ago. Replayed part 1 three times to get 37.538 points :) and I had never gotten that before. Seems I lost 3k somewhere in the hoodlum combo. You know what, I'm gonna retry right now. :winkgrin:

Maz
Murray

Post by Maz » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:30 pm

1234 wrote: Finally a new no-glitch maximum, nice! It's a pity that you can't make a video of that combo, but maybe you could still shortly describe it if it's no trouble, would be interesting to know.
By the way, doesn't Bandicam work on Win10 anymore or didn't you simply download this program yet? Maybe another software will do, like Fraps?
As for the lost data, I hope you've learnt your lesson: Don't underestimate backups!
Why, thanks!
I just haven't downloaded anything yet. I know it would only take a couple of minutes to do so, but to be honest, I just can't be bothered :D

The Combo connects the first two areas; after killing the Hoodblaster with the Shock Rocket, you break all the Piggybanks but one. Then refresh the Heavy Metal Fist and go towards the second area. On your way there, break the Piggybank in the nick of time, then walk a few steps (the camera will go berzerk at this point) and, while standing close to the wall on the left, send a curved shot towards the Hoodmonger just before Combo Mode runs out. Then run like hell towards the second room. Now, you know how Rayman's fist travels faster than his lock-on range lets on? You have to exploit that by sending a blind curved shot at the Wooden Door (i.e. you have to break it before you can lock on to it, otherwise you won't make it in time). Also note that this is only possible if you haven't gone through the Hoodboom-Ctuscene yet; after you enter the triggerzone to start it, you get teleported a few feet into the room, which is the only way you can do this on time. Afterwards, just kill both Hoodlums and break the Piggybank to collect the Yellow Gems (all this can be done before the HMF runs out) and then kill the third Hoodblaster before he hits the ground. Get the Vortex, lower the Mushroom and finally, clear the Tribelle's cave.

Like I said, an extremely awkard Combo due to the fact that you have to time and execute your actions very, VERY precisely on 3 different occasions alongside having to get that blind shot right (plus the camera going wild), but at least you get the Hoodblasters and the Tribelle in Combo for their respective maximum values.
1234 wrote: A few months ago I also tried a combo in part 1: I tried to break the 3 piggybanks, jump on the edge of the bridge, kill the hoodblaster and then jump to the small platform with the 3 yellow gems (just below the platform with the blue can) and continue with these gems and the piggybank above. It's possible to reach the platform, but I don' know, whether you'll get the gems in time. Did you try the combo (and maybe even succeed in it)?
I tried this and - if memory serves - deemed it impossible because I saw no way of making that on time. I will look into that again as soon as I get there. The Combo I was talking about goes like this:

You start of in the small cave where the Teensies will provide you with the HMF. Collect all 3 Gems on the right as well as 2 on the left (leave the one near the entrance). Head out, and take the final Gem from the furthest possible distance, then run to the left and roll of the ledge. Kill the Hoodblaster next to the Wooden Door as soon as Rayman focuses on him (this is the part I was having trouble with), then immediately grab the vines and jump back up to the small platform. Roll to the right and fall into the bridge where you can break the 3 Piggybanks and finish the Combo by killing the Hoodblaster.

I seem to recall that that would put us at more than 15k in part 1, as opposed to the 14.540 (?) we can get now. Like I said, this one connection is giving me troubles though. Everything else works out fine.
FC: 54.450 | CF: 131.900 (PB: 134.150) | BOM: 100.899 | LOTLD: 122.619 (PB: 123.839) | DOTK: 118.640 | LS: 43.110 (PB: 43.470) | SBTC: 110.479 | HH: 120.609 | TOTL: 118.689

Dildo_Potter
Mr Sax

Post by Dildo_Potter » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:24 pm

Finally got 38814 points for part 1. Struggled a LOT. Always something has to happen. I can't imagine how hard it will be to manage to do all new LOTLD max score combos (or some of them). Part2: can't take that matuvu correctly..

EDIt 1 day later.. Ignored that goddamn matuvu; given that my look mode was moving down while I was tring to look up :pfff: So I took everything in combo execpt that matuvu of shit: -2500points :? and played average last part. 60.729 points; my best.

edit: Got 87.789 points in part 3 end. Fucked up the heckler combo at last (and the ground floor combo).

5 mins later: 91.543 part 4.
Finished part 5 with the previous max score combo :arrow: LOTLD 118.783 points :mrgreen:

Edit; and 0% at the ride :mryellow: :hap:

Vendeur

Post by 1234 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:04 pm

@Maz: Thanks for the description, it sounds really hard, but good to know that it can be done. Once you've calculated the exact value of the maximum, let us know please. However there's no rush, so take your time. :winkgrin:

@Dildo_Potter: As I see you've clearly passed 700k. Now only 60k points are missing and you'll pass the 800k-milestone. :up:
Looking at your scores, I guess SBTC or HH will be next to improve or will you decide for another level?

Another small update in LOTLD3: I've found out, how to make the hoodblaster stay in the hallway. My guesses from the previous page were wrong. It's far less complicated than I thought. Here is a video, which should explain everything important; I hope it's understandable: Video

Dildo_Potter
Mr Sax

Post by Dildo_Potter » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:09 pm

Maz and 1234 :arrow: interresting finds. I'm eager to go back to DOTK and film the green gem x2 and othet stuff that can help. But at the moment I'm on SBTC part 2.

I got 19k+ at the ship but it got wrecked. Finally finished with 18.260 points :) again my best.
Part 2 is fine by now, except I'm having troubles with the scaffolding combo.

Edit after playing for hours and hours: pissed at part 2. I finished with a ridiculous 75.500 points. Indeed, I completely failed all scaffolding combos. I could at least have gotten the first one with 8.000 points. :cry:

After many tries, finished part 3 SBTC with 90.520 points :) not bad at least.

I'll film one or two things on DOTK like x2 green gem in part 3.

Maz
Murray

Post by Maz » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:52 pm

@1234: First of all, nice finding! I'm curious though, does that mess with your idea for the big Combo? Even if you stand on the left side of the Shock Rocket, will the Hoodblaster run upstairs once you pass him, since you go to the right side? Or will he continue to stand there and shoot at you?

On the topic of CF: Since I lost my Score-Sheets and since I can't for the life of me remember how I used to play the second Part, I had to come up with some Combos for CF2 on the spot. Using these, I calculated the following Scores after each part (assuming one plays said Combos perfectly):

Part 1: 14.250
Part 2: 61.000
Part 3: 111.060

I'm not sure yet whether all of these Combos are the optimal way to play CF, but they will do for now.

Dildo_Potter
Mr Sax

Post by Dildo_Potter » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:57 pm

As promised I uploaded my finds in DOTK.

@Maz: it is clear to me that as soon as you get to the right side, the hoodblaster runs upstairs.

Vendeur

Post by 1234 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:39 pm

@Dildo Potter: Good score in SBTC. You can still get quite many points there, but at first you can be happy with it, this level isn't easy; also thanks for the video. :)

@Maz: When you are in the hallway the hoodblaster doesn't seem to be so strict with the right side. That means that you can even pass him without making him run upstairs. Only when you go too far to the right side, he will run to the next room. However this luckily doesn't ruin the big combo. On the contrary, it can even help: You take the last red gem, then the hoodblaster will move upstairs. At the same time you release your fully charged fist. This way the fist will travel longer (to the next room), thus you'll have more time to get the next gems in time. Maybe I should have included this in the video.

111.060 points after part 3 is surely a great score, especially when you consider that ~2-3 years ago we couldn't even reach this score with glitches.

Dildo_Potter
Mr Sax

Post by Dildo_Potter » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:31 am

SBTC part 1: 18.720
part 2: 80.645

Edit
X new tries, fail. fail. rage quit.
pause.
part 3: took no points, got the launching glitch and green gem for 10k+ combo xD

part 1: 18.438
part 2: 81.475 got scaffolding 9k. don't know what missing.
part 3: 96.497 points for SBTC :mrgreen:

Cut
Chef Dragon
Tings: 19617

Post by Cut » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:49 pm

Xenon wrote:Oh come on, to post a video of Cut without his permission is just mean you know...
Shots fired :o

anyway, I was just surprised to see this much action in here out of nowhere. Cool to see that someone is playing again! I made some attempts to get myself to play again in the past couple weeks, but it's just very hard when nobody is around. Maybe I can get myself started again. I actually completely "worked out" HH1 IPG-version (turned out there wasn't that much to do in there anyway) and I should be ready to run that. Let's see if I actually can yield results for once.

I probably missed a ton of interesting stuff on the last page so I guess I get myself reading for now.

EDIT: alright, so apparently there is some somewhat new stuff going on in DOTK. There is actually more than that (some stuff is on my channel, some not unfortunately), for instance I made it to get the Matuvu near the mushroom in DOTK2 in combo, so there is only one matuvu left in that part that is not in combo yet. The improved maximum score of 110.929 unfortunately makes it even harder to find enough stuff to make a new maximum score happen, especially because at current knowledge, it still requires to get the Green Gem in DOTK3 in some sort of combo, which seems absurd at the current time. There is a theoretical concept of how that could work (including a rolling superjump) but I highly doubt that it's even close to doable. If it was, we could even go for a 6000-combo though, which sounds fun.

I'll make sure to make a list of all "undocumented" findings in DOTK for the next post, since it should help you to explore some stuff and also avoid unnessecary work on combos that already exist.