Rayman 3 scores

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Dildo_Potter
Mr Sax
Tings: 28678

Re: Rayman 3 scores

Post by Dildo_Potter » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:38 am

Cut: Ich habe grossen Schwierigkeiten mit die SJ and IPG in HH1 and I also prefer to go without IPG and superjump.
I had came to the same conclusions about DOTK3 weirdness.

Maz: Excellent job getting those gems in time :shock: Never succeded in that. Tremendous score for FC2..

1234: Thanks for your understanding. Yeah we must find a SJ (or something else)to dodge the 2 yellow gems. SJ ain't my special area :P Tried to find one for this case.
Regarding your ideas in DOTK7: Cool to hear some modification. That must provide some cool amount of points right? GG :up:

Edit: I finally got a decent (to me)21.359 points in HH1. In fact that's my best score (I had cheated when a kid :tssk:)
edit: HH2: 64.454 points :mryellow:
HH final score 97.319 :) so that's a 20k+ improvement :)

Vendeur
Tings: 9804

Post by 1234 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:04 am

Cool score in HH! Now you don't need much more than 10k to pass 800k again. :D
As for DOTK7, yes, the improvements provide quite many points, I think 1840. I've made some tests and both combos work completely.

I also looked a little bit in the rest of the part:
1.) It's possible to kill the hoodo and the elite monger with one hit and convert their lums before the HMF runs out.
2.) If this lavicraft combo works: R Y Y Y Y | L B L B, then this combo will also work: Y R Y Y Y | L B L B. This is an 40 points improvement.

I also investigated the green gem combo in part 4 a little bit. In my video I leave the yellow gem in the right corner for later (I mean this gem in 0:37-0:39). Actually you can already take it after collecting the nearby gem at 0:09. This way one of the red gems will yield more (--> 20 points improvement). The other more important advantage is that after taking the last red gem and rolling into the next yellow gem you don't have to take the gem in the right corner anymore, but you can proceed with the gem in the left corner, which is much nearer and thus easier to reach in time, even though the camera is extremely annoying in this place. I hope the description is understandable.

Again, if this and the lavicraft combo work, we could already reach a new maximum. I calculated 111.160 points. However there are still ideas like the improved matuvu combo in part 4 and some other in part 1, so I think the score will even increase.

As you all might have noticed, I like summaries / overviews, so in my next post I'll include something like that for the current status in DOTK. It'll also include the ideas we have, so that it's clear where work has to be done. :)
FC: 51.570 | CF: 129.750 | BOM: 100.899 | LOTLD: 122.659 | DOTK: 110.929 | LS: 43.200 | SBTC: 111.459 | HH: 119.849 | TOTL: 110.499

Total: 900.814

Cut
Chef Dragon
Tings: 19617

Post by Cut » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:30 pm

Thank you for the awesome work, that sounds really good. Also congrats Potter, 97K is really solid!
Quick heads up, I actually managed to do every critical move in your improved greem gem combo, I just haven't done it in one single attempt yet. So I can already confirm this combo by 99% but I assume you were probably at least as far as I am with this. I'll try to get some playtime in on the weekend to record some tiny things. I should also be able to make a walkthrough for TOTL in the very near future (and hopefully convince everybody that this level is so much better with the IPG :P). Also, I'll update the current state of HH1-IPG, so that we can move on to HH3 soon. Because I'm pretty sure, that MandM hasn't uploaded his combo in HH3 yet, so I guess we just have to figure it out on ourselves and with the current momentum, this looks like a good time to put some effort into this level.

Also holy shit Maz, that combo in FC1 sounds amazing. Huge props for that!

Anyway, I hope my next post is going to be longer again, I just didn't have as much time in the past days, but that will change of course.

Vendeur

Post by 1234 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:24 am

Great that you can do the green gem combo, so this problem should be solved. :)
About the lavicraft combo I can say exactly the same as you did for the green gem combo, so it's looking good so far.

Maybe MandM is simply too busied or he needs a longer break from this game. Anyway, perhaps he will find back to the game soon and then eventually record the HH combo or give some tips for that. :)

Here are also some videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y54hTOlD5fw Part 4, first matuvu: Potter already recorded the video, but I've found a very easy alternative method for getting the matuvu.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpNWHRxCzBg Part 7, hoodo combo: This shows that it's possible to kill both hoodlums with one hit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7voItsaQk8 Part 7, first green gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m48tN7PidFE Part 7, second green gem

I said that I'll post an updated overview here, but I didn't do it yet, so I'll simply include it in my next post.
FC: 51.570 | CF: 129.750 | BOM: 100.899 | LOTLD: 122.659 | DOTK: 110.929 | LS: 43.200 | SBTC: 111.459 | HH: 119.849 | TOTL: 110.499

Dildo_Potter
Mr Sax
Tings: 28678

Post by Dildo_Potter » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:32 am

GG guys. I'm too busy now in CF :)

CF1 10.6xx
CF2 48.225 2nd try. The last hoodlum combo didn't work out because my second hoodblaster wave always come REALLY too late. No way man. they take like 10 sec. I don't mind.

Edit: I have to reach a way higher score in order to reach the old max or better. I give up for now.

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 555795

Post by Hunchman801 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:46 pm

Cut wrote: Also Maz, how exactly are we getting 121.099 points in LOTLD glitchless, when taking a green gem at 98.499 points and having it still count is clearly a glitch?
Funny how such a glitch ended up stimulating the scorers' creativity. However, I'm surprised that there hasn't been more competition in Rayman 3 HD, where the limit is lifted, and every point counts.

Maz
Murray
Tings: 20268

Post by Maz » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:58 pm

I think that's mostly because it'd be pointless, since there's Glitches in CF (the continuously respawning Hoodblaster in Part 1) and SBTC (infinite amount of kickflips on one of the fences) which would allow for an infinite amount of Points. Granted, you could hunt the other levels, but if achieving the biggest total Score comes down to who's willing to spend more time on exploiting the infinites in these 2 Parts, it kinda takes away the appeal.

But while we're on the topic, there's something I've always been meaning to ask that always slipped my mind when I actually posted: Since they "removed" the 100k-barrier in R3HD, does the same go for the 9k-barrier for the Green Gems? As in, can you get Green Gems for 12.000 or 15.000 Points in Combo-Mode?

Also, really cool Combos in DOTK 1234, definitely looking forward to what the end result will be for DOTK! :)
FC: 54.450 | CF: 131.900 (PB: 134.150) | BOM: 100.899 | LOTLD: 122.619 (PB: 123.839) | DOTK: 118.640 | LS: 43.110 (PB: 43.470) | SBTC: 110.479 | HH: 120.609 | TOTL: 118.689

Total: 921.395 (old savegame, current Total: 902.045)

Cut
Chef Dragon

Post by Cut » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:23 pm

Hunchman801 wrote:Funny how such a glitch ended up stimulating the scorers' creativity. However, I'm surprised that there hasn't been more competition in Rayman 3 HD, where the limit is lifted, and every point counts.
The funny thing is, I think it's exactly the opposite. The fact that not every single point counts in the majority of the levels makes this game fun and enjoyable, because otherwise, you basically would never 100% any level and at some point you would be forced to replay levels even though you played them perfectly already, just to lose less points to taking damage. I think the 100k-border is actually what keeps the game alive.
Maz wrote:But while we're on the topic, there's something I've always been meaning to ask that always slipped my mind when I actually posted: Since they "removed" the 100k-barrier in R3HD, does the same go for the 9k-barrier for the Green Gems? As in, can you get Green Gems for 12.000 or 15.000 Points in Combo-Mode?
I really don't know, but I doubt it (another very interesting glitch that forces players to be a little more careful and creative). I'm 99% sure that this is a glitch - the combo-counter just can't handle increments by more than 4 digits because it only has 4 digits itself - but it's rare to encounter, so there is a good chance that the devs just don't know about this.

Anyway, a quick heads up for DOTK2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-EihFGbKxU once you figured out where to stand, this one is very consistent. Always take your time to double check your positioning with the first person camera
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10oufkAOlIs this Matuvu is cancer, because the camera never holds still, and when picture mode can't auto-focus on Rayman, the instant camera glitch won't work. Pretty rough

Also, probably Rayman 3 Stream tomorrow noon if people are interested

EDIT: speaking of "DOTK3 is probably horribly broken": I have huge lag issues while recording in this part. Off-camera, I can get the connection between the two last gems before the 2nd matuvu regulary, but on-camera I'm a good half second short. That's super weird...

EDIT2: I managed to get the 2nd Matuvu in DOTK3 for 1000 points in combo and it's not that hard. Im using all 3 yellow gems on the vine from below though, because that's much easier and it loses only 40 points compared to the Green Gem idea (which I'm not convinced that version is doable because it's much trickier). So let's see if I can get rid of those annoying recording issues and then there should be a video of that as well.

EDIT3: It was all Fraps' fault, so here we go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v6fcSrfCRI (I forgot the yellow gems in the back but whatever)
as said, this is worth 40 points less than the combo that includes the Green Gem, but I still doubt that that idea is even doable, I found that one much more problematic than this idea. Out of all spots to give up 40 points, this might be a worthwhile one.

EDIT4: another tiny improvement in part 1 (+40): https://youtu.be/VIh5BxzxOm8
seems like nobody's here, so maybe stream another day? :(

Maz
Murray

Post by Maz » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:52 pm

I probably couldn't watch all of it because of dinner and stuff, but if you wanna stream today, you can count me in! :D

Nice videos on DOTK! I wonder what the total Score is?

Also, something that's not too useful (for now) but still interesting:

I looked into SBTC3 a bit, and there's 2 things I found out about which I haven't seen mentioned before. The first is that you can combine 2 Combos in this Part; the first Combo is the one which starts with the Hoodlock, in the place where you can choose between two ways (one has Gems on it and the other one doesn't). After killing that Hoodlock, if you don't do kickflips off the right side and instead just take the Gems normally, you can drop down to the left of the slop just before it ends for 2 quick flips in succesion. By doing so, you can just barely manage to get the next Hoodlock in Combo and continue on with the next one (that may sound a little confusing, but you'll understand what I mean when you play the level). The big problem is that I can't find a way to get a kickflip after that or something else to keep the Combo going.

Also, you probably know that there's another trick than the Launching Glitch to get the Green Gem for 7.500 in Combo where you can essentially do a "kickflip on the ground" to keep the Combo going. There exists another spot like that at the very beginning of the slope leading to the Green Gem, on a block of ice just in front of the lone Red Gem. That means you can kill the Hoodlock before that and collect the 5 Yellow Gems, then do this one flip and collect the Red Gem. Useless for now because you'd have to find another spot to flip if you wanted the Combo-Mode to last long enough to reach the next Hoodlock (by doing so you could include more items into the Green-Gem-Combo, making it worth an additional 1k at least), but I thought it'd be good to know anyway.
FC: 54.450 | CF: 131.900 (PB: 134.150) | BOM: 100.899 | LOTLD: 122.619 (PB: 123.839) | DOTK: 118.640 | LS: 43.110 (PB: 43.470) | SBTC: 110.479 | HH: 120.609 | TOTL: 118.689

Vendeur

Post by 1234 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:17 pm

Sorry, but I didn't get round to reply until now. Anyway, in the next days (including this one) I should have time, since I have vacations, so I'm sure that I'll be able to watch the stream live, looking already forward to it. :)
I also still don't have a twitch account, so in case I'll have any comments, ideas or whatever, then I'll have to post it here.

Great videos by the way! The one with the mushroom looks pretty hard.
The matuvu combo with the green gem in part 3 is actually possible, only the powerup might cause trouble. I still prefer your version, since it's definitely easier, while there's no big difference in points.

I didn't make an overview as I wanted it to be, but here's a list of the remaining ideas / potential improvements (Yet I didn't take the new videos from Cut into account, so it's already outdated :mrgreen: , I'll edit this post soon then).

Part 1: 14550 - 14550 (outdated)
1.) Take the six gems near the red can, roll of the ledge, kill the hoodblaster near the wooden door, then continue with the piggybanks and the other hoodblaster on the bridge. (Cut already managed to do the beginning)
2.) … after breaking two piggybanks out of the three and collecting its gems, jump on the right ledge of the bridge (use the third piggybank to keep the combo alive), kill the hoodblaster and quickly jump on the platform with the three yellow gems and get them, then break the piggybank above and take the gems. (I'll test this soon)
3.) Some other minor stuff in the big area with the green liquid. (I'll test this soon too)

Part 2: 16140 - 30690 (outdated)
1.) Somehow try to include the first matuvu in any combo.
2.) Some other minor stuff. (I'll test this soon too)

Part 3: 11570 - 42260 (outdated)
1.) Pass all three gems quite at the beginning and include them in the vine combo.
2.) Somehow include all gems on the vine in the green gem matuvu combo.
3.) Get the green gem for 6000 combo points by using a rolling SJ.
4.) In the last cage combo make somehow more gems spawn, in the optimal case 2x12.

Part 4: 22400 - 64660 (outdated)
Part 5: 3000 - 67660 (outdated)
Part 6: 3730 - 71390 (outdated)
Part 7: 39770 - 111160 (outdated)
1.) After taking the first green gem, convert at least one of the two remaining lums. (going by a few tests it should be impossible)

Edit: I just read your post, Maz. Nice findings, they're definitely helpful! :) I actually found a spot where you can perform a kickflip shortly after the lone red gem. This allows you to combine this gem with the next hoodlock, leading to a improved green gem combo. With your finding we can already play following combo: Hoodlock, five yellow gems, kickflip, red gem, kickflip, hoodlock, etc.. If we find a way to perform another kickflip in the cavern at a spot between the first hoodlock of the combo and the yellow gems before, then we could possibly make the combo extremely long, so it's definitely worth to take a look at it.

Edit 2: 270 points improvement! :mryellow: I found a way to get the gems in the room with the first knaaren with a powerup and afterwards reach the next area. You can see it in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8sdBP5qZTY
I added some comments to the video to make it clearer.
Last edited by 1234 on Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cut
Chef Dragon

Post by Cut » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:05 am

cool stuff! also, 140 points improvement in DOTK6: https://youtu.be/lfYj-Kc5Ujg

sorry for the lags. The trick is to convert the lum in the air (this is the only occasion where this is possible) IMMEDIATELY after killing the hoodlum. That way, there is still a little bit of combo time left after the cutscene and you can continue the combo by falling onto the yellow gem.

EDIT: it's also possible to kill the first Hoodboom in DOTK7 with the HMF (including the full-hit bonus). Video will follow!
EDIT2: you can even get the 2nd Hoodboom for 200 in combo and get both lums. So that's +400 points right there!
Also @1234, I'd suggest to not convert the Lums from the 2nd Hoodflyer, but instead convert the 4th Lums with the powerup. That would be another +30 :)

So that's 3870 points in DOTK6 and 40200 points in DOTK7.

Vendeur

Post by 1234 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:38 pm

One improvement after another, great! :)
The idea to convert the 4th lum with a powerup is a good one, but is there enough time to get the green gem after that? I think it could become difficult.
If that worked, the maximum would raise to 112100 points.

In part 4 I actually could get the second matuvu after taking one yellow gem in combo. That suggests that you should be able to take all 16 yellow gems and finish off with the matuvu. The problem is that it's extremely hard (at least for me) to find exactly the right spot, from where you can get the matuvu, at the first try. You also need the snapshot trick to enter the look mode instantly.

That's still a 960 points improvement, leading us already to over 113000 points.
The last combo gives you 12780 combo points, the last item is a black lum, so the new maximum is 112789 points. :D

If we wanted an even higher maximum, I think we'd have to play the old 2 green gems combo again. However by doing that we'd lose over 1800 points. This points we'd have to find in the combos / parts before, which might be impossible. 112789 is good enough I think.

@Dildo_Potter: 48k after CF2 can be enough, if you want to go for the old maximum. But you'd have to use some of the newer combos in part 3 then.
Good luck in this level; at the latest you'll need it in part 4 to make all 27 hoodlums spawn. :P

@Maz: By the way, if you don't find the spot after the red gem for the extra kickflip, I actually have a short video, which shows that. I miss the hoodlock by a split second, but if it still helps, I can upload it.
Also how do you progress in FC3? It'll be interesting to see your final score in this level. :)

Cut
Chef Dragon

Post by Cut » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:52 pm

Amazing. Do you think you can make a quick snapshot of the spot for the Matuvu in part 4? Would probably go quicker than filming until you have a successful attempt. Also, it's better to just end on the Hoodflyer with the Roket-Glitch, so the maximum score would be 112.799 (required score before the combo 95.759) :)

With the first Green Gem Combo, you can just shoot the hook as soon as possible and that will be much faster than just walking towards the green gem.

Going back to the old combo with the 2 Green Gems would kind of suck, but you could cut the losses, by still killing the Spineroo and the Hoodflyer I think. If you don't convert their lums, the Green Gem would be exactly the 15th element of the combo. The question is if you can push back the spinneroo fast enough (doubtful) but at worst, you'd have to give up on including the hoodflyer into the combo. Maybe if you roll perfectly after collecting the first green gem, you can give the spineroo already a little pushback before killing the Hoodoo, and then with the perfect rhythm, you might get him. Also, we could still find an IPG in this part and just finish him with the HMF :P

Vendeur

Post by 1234 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:44 pm

Actually once you get used to the spot it's not that hard any more, so I did a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooc0OtiNTIs
Cut wrote:Also, it's better to just end on the Hoodflyer with the Roket-Glitch, so the maximum score would be 112.799
I thought about that as well, but stupidly I came to a different (lower) result. Good that you mentioned it. :)

In the first green gem combo, when you convert the 4th lum with a powerup (instead of the 2nd without), then it's even a 40 points improvement, so we can get 113070 points after part 7 (without the 100k limit). Without the lum from the last hoodstormer in the final combo we lose 100 points (i.e. 112970).

Cut
Chef Dragon

Post by Cut » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:14 am

Wow, that's absolutely sick. We're actually ready to run :)
So the only things left are some videos in DOTK4 and 7, and the tiny things you wanted to test in the first 3 parts?

Maz
Murray

Post by Maz » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:38 pm

I never would've thought that a Score like that could be possible in DOTK. I figured it'd max out at 111k-ish Points, if that, but this is ridiculous. Amazing job with the Combos, guys! ;)

Cut, may I ask again if and - if so - when you were planning on streaming Rayman 3? And what did you want to showcase?
1234 wrote: By the way, if you don't find the spot after the red gem for the extra kickflip, I actually have a short video, which shows that. I miss the hoodlock by a split second, but if it still helps, I can upload it.
A video would be great! Good to hear that it's most likely possible to get a Combo worth 13k+ off of the Green Gem.

Unfortunately, I finished FC with "only" 48.690 Points. I had 4.730 after Part 1 like I mentioned, then 19.300 after Part 2, but Part 3 always messes me up. I don't know if Rayman is lacking the necessary jumping height in the PC version, or if I'm just using a wrong approach, but I can't fly over the first Tribelle without touching its hitbox, so I had to settle for a 500-Point-Combo. Also, I played the Tribelle-Combo for only 3.400 in Combo, so I lost some Points there as well, but I'm still somewhat satisfied with my final Score.

On top of that, I managed to improve SBTC to 105.019 (max) and BOM to 86.800 (~100 Points away from the maximum, maybe even a bit less), so I'm currently sitting at 837.044. I also found even more stuff in CF which makes it possible to reach 112k+ even without Glitches, so my next goal will most likely be getting a decent Score of at least 110.000 in that level.

Cut
Chef Dragon

Post by Cut » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:06 pm

Maz wrote:Cut, may I ask again if and - if so - when you were planning on streaming Rayman 3? And what did you want to showcase?
anytime when somebody is around basically, preferably next sunday noon again (if you have spare time). It's not about showcasing, I just enjoy exploring some levels while having constant input from chat (I did that once in HH1 together with RibShark). I would like to showcase some of my findings in HH1 (even though it's not that much) and explore HH3 togethe for more possiblities. There's also some BOM1 and LS3 stuff that might be more interesting in a stream because there I have much more time to try different methods.
Maz wrote:but I can't fly over the first Tribelle without touching its hitbox
kudos for you discipline, I could not spent an entire night on FC2 and still purposely settle for a non-50k-score after that :)
Maz wrote:I also found even more stuff in CF which makes it possible to reach 112k+
I'm much looking forward to that, CF is maybe the most interesting level for this category as each level offers tons of different options (unlike levels like BOM or DOTK)

Also @everyone, should we just use the current momentum to move directly onwards to (non-IPG) HH? I think there is still a lot of ideas flying around that are waiting to be done/filmed/documented, and considering how well we made up points in probably the dryest level of Rayman 3 besides the LS, I think we can really make something happen there :)

Vendeur

Post by 1234 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:40 pm

Cut wrote:So the only things left are some videos in DOTK4 and 7, and the tiny things you wanted to test in the first 3 parts?
Yes, I think that should be all.
As it seems we may only lose 171 points to reach 112799. I assume that one will lose 21 points because of getting hit. That means we can still make some combos easier, but only by 150 Points:

In part 1 we can use Maz' combo with the two hoodblaster; because the combo where you have to kill the hoodblaster near the wooden door after taking 6 yellow gems seems quite hard to me. That are -40 points.

In part 3 we can use Cuts easier version of the matuvu combo. That are also -40 points.

In part 7 in the lavicraft combo we can start with the red gem instead of taking one yellow gem before. That are also -40 points.

In part 7 in the first green gem combo, if you want to play save, you can convert the last lum without a powerup, so that it's easier to get the green gem in time. That are also -40 points.

I think that are all hard combo, which we can make easier while losing only a few points.
Since we may only lose 150 points, I'd say to use only three of this easier versions.

By the way, in part 7 I could kill the hoodo and then the hoodlock in time. The trick is to hit the hoodlock with semi-charged hits. So after taking the green gem in the secret room, following is possible: hoodo, hoodlock, hoodstormer, green gem. However until now it should be useless I think.
Maz wrote:A video would be great! Good to hear that it's most likely possible to get a Combo worth 13k+ off of the Green Gem.
Ok, so here it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQQtH-vxm1U I actually recorded even two attempts, so I put both in the video. The better attempt I show in 1/3 of the original speed, so it's easier to recognize the spot.
48.690 points in FC are actually quite a success, even with glitches, and as far as I understood you reached the score without any glitch, so: :bigup:
Also gratulations for your new scores in SBTC and BOM and the findings in CF. It's funny and amazing that the developers estimated ~500k to be the optimal score, while you already have ~840k without glitches. :shock:

As for the stream, I think every day except Saturday should be ok for me (In the worst case I'll simply show it a little bit delayed).
If possible, please tell us the time already 1 day (or at least some hours) before. :)

Also, HH is ok for me, I think. :wink:

Cut
Chef Dragon

Post by Cut » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:08 am

1234 wrote:In part 1 we can use Maz' combo with the two hoodblaster; because the combo where you have to kill the hoodblaster near the wooden door after taking 6 yellow gems seems quite hard to me. That are -40 points.
Depends on what else could be added to part 1. If it's only this, I really don't mind resetting for this honestly. There isn't much else that you can screw up IMO.
1234 wrote:In part 7 in the lavicraft combo we can start with the red gem instead of taking one yellow gem before. That are also -40 points.
Okay I did not even consider the possibility to not start with the red gem, so that's fair
1234 wrote:In part 7 in the first green gem combo, if you want to play save, you can convert the last lum without a powerup, so that it's easier to get the green gem in time. That are also -40 points.
Gotta disagree also, shooting the hook instead of walking towards the green gem makes this very consistent.
1234 wrote:By the way, in part 7 I could kill the hoodo and then the hoodlock in time. The trick is to hit the hoodlock with semi-charged hits. So after taking the green gem in the secret room, following is possible: hoodo, hoodlock, hoodstormer, green gem. However until now it should be useless I think.
Good to have an alternative plan if things should change in the future. I mean, it just took one simple new trick to get 3 new matuvu-combos to work, so who knows what else we might find. Maybe a weird trick to get the Green Gem in part 3 in combo? 118k anyone?
1234 wrote:As for the stream, I think every day except Saturday should be ok for me (In the worst case I'll simply show it a little bit delayed).
If possible, please tell us the time already 1 day (or at least some hours) before. :)
Yeah, my stream announcements have been a terrible mess in the past, so I'll just aim for sunday noon this week (12pm or 1pm ish)

EDIT: This is most likely caused by the widescreen patch, but both Fraps and Bandicam are causing slight game slowdown while recording in DOTK7 :(
I hope I can fix this problem soon, I had something similar going on in DOTK3, but in that part Bandicam worked much better for me. This time, apparently it doesn't. So that sucks... I'll probably just start a normal playthrough of DOTK and record the required videos on my way (especially the secret room in part 4 should I happen to be the first to do it) but I can't promise anything for part 7 :(
What I can do is a quick video of how to reach the Hoodbooms in part 7 with the HMF fast enough, it's just going to look stupid because specifically on camera, the HMF is still going to run out very early, but if you do it my way off camera, you are very likely to get both Hoodbooms and both Lums with the HMF.

EDIT: you noticed that in DOTK7, sometimes something is shooting you from nowhere? Well, check out this then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sXmkLWAtUk

Maz
Murray

Post by Maz » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:46 pm

Not too relevant, but I finally came around to recording some Combos for CF. Since you guys seemed somewhat interested in No-Glitch-CF, I figured I'd just post the links. The videos are really laggy for some reason but anyways, here we go:

The beginning of CF1

Getting all Gems on the ceiling is actually not that hard once you get the hang of it (haha, "hang", get it? ... no?). On to Part 2:

The Matuvu-Combo

I rarely praise my works, but this Combo is a masterpiece. Hell to play, though.

The Green-Gem-Combo

Hell to play as well. As you can see, it's barely possible to get the Green Gem on time.

The Piggybank-Combo

Obvious Combo is obvious.

The Matuvu-Tribelle-Combo

I think it's positively hilarious that we investigated CF for this long and still didn't come up with this. With this, we finally have a way to actually use the Red Gem inside the Piggybank and on top of that, it nets 2.000 Points for both the Matuvu and the Tribelle. The new trick with the Look-Mode also makes this Combo a lot easier.

The Tribelle-Combo

Obvious as well. Not the optimal version, but it only loses 20 Points.

I also made improvements to the Hoodcamp-Combo (it's now worth 10.190 Points instead of 9.620) but the full Combo is really bad. I honestly don't know if I'll ever try to record that, since it doesn't really serve any purpose for the Glitch-Version (seeing how the theoretical maximum is achievable and thus the Points are not needed).
Cut wrote: you noticed that in DOTK7, sometimes something is shooting you from nowhere? Well, check out this then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sXmkLWAtUk
I swear, we're trying to save these guys from the Black Lums, and this is what we get as a thanks :tssk: