Rayman 3 scores

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Joshua822
Estellia
Tings: 21010

Re: The Rayman 3 Scores Topic

Post by Joshua822 »

Oh, and i have the hang of the helicopter combo now :D
Mountain Goat
Carnivora
Tings: 14980

Post by Mountain Goat »

Hello, here! :) Yeah, the master (mostwanted82) registered here too :mrgreen:
Well, I believe you, spiraldoor, but I'd never seen these gems. Maybe, when there is a secret, you can come with this over 100.000 :P
But my problem is to get the first green gem in part 1 into a 6000-Combo. Only one time I managed it.
Oh, actually my points are now (my savegame crashed, it was very frustating)
FC: 40.000
CF: 105.000
BOM: 70.000
LOTLD: 110.000
DOTK: 100.000
LS: 41.000
SBTC: 80000
HH: 85.000
TOTL: coming soon
Estellia

Post by Joshua822 »

(my savegame crashed, it was very frustating)
I suggest running a Unix operating system then, they are more stable and you won't get fucked by losing 800 000 points :wink:

Still you have a great score, i'm aiming for 630 000 :D
Mountain Goat
Carnivora

Post by Mountain Goat »

Xenon
Pirate Lunette
Tings: 98896

Post by Xenon »

Welcome to the forums Mostwanted! :) It's fantastic to have you with us.
Are you playing Hoodlum Headquarters now? Part 1 was a horrible part for me as well, and that green gem really does cause grief. This may sound absurd, but I actually find it easier to do it DTUCC's method. The proper way that includes the Matuvu. Could never get the hang of doing it Mandm's method; incidently which lost me 500 points from that Matuvu.
By the way, because your game crashed, my score is now higher than your's :P It's currently 815235.
Hunchman801 wrote:Why would I lose 500 points by doing that? I see no difference with the combo in the video... And anyway, that horrible fountain always protects the hoodstormer... and I'm not quick enough at killing him. I need to find a better position.
You'd certainly lose 500+ points because the combo is split into 2 parts: the one gem and Hoodmongers, and the rest. The reason these points would be lost is to do with the combo multiplication... how after so many objects things are doubled, tripled etc. If you do split them into two (it's so much easier :) ) then you should have no trouble beating the Hoodstormer.
Yep, that's it. I'll try your trick, but it seems to be the hardest part in this horrible combo. Seriously, are there much harder combos in other levels?
I'm afraid there are combos which are thrice as hard :lol: The 3 Matuvu Combo is a prime example. It took Mandm1981 3 weeks to do it and I've never managed it. Still trying though.
Holy Crap wrote:I did too. :lol: He said he'll check this place out. Getting two invitations will probably make him feel wanted. :lol:
Yeah, now he must join :P
Joshua wrote:Well, about the matuvu combo, sometimes i still fail, it's really precision work, comboing :work:
It's a horrid combo because of that Matuvu. Once you've mastered how to take the Matuvu you should be able to manage it as much as Hunchman can.
Oh, and i have the hang of the helicopter combo now :D
The helicopter combo? Do you mean the Hoodlum Combo?
Mountain Goat
Carnivora

Post by Mountain Goat »

Thank you, I think I will have many fun here :mrgreen: I know that you are managed to get a higher score than my one. Congratulations, that's really a fantastic score. Hope I can fast come to 800.000 again. :D
Before the crash I got every time 22.500 in part 1 without the gem. How I said, only one time I got the 6000-Combo, but than I didn't managed the Warehouse Combo, so I had to restart.
On my new savegame, I only have to play TOTL, and then I can play the worlds again.
Xenon
Pirate Lunette

Post by Xenon »

I found TOTL pretty difficult. It was part 1 that really did it for me. I believe that you need 56,000 points after part 1 alone, and this was only achievable if pretty much everything went right. The first combo could earn 20,000 points I think.

And yeah, the Warehouse combos are indeed hard. Which method are you using?
Mountain Goat
Carnivora

Post by Mountain Goat »

The method MandM has posted on YouTube. Going to the Hoodbomber, kill him, take the lum, jump down to the Hoodgarde, kill him, jump to the yellow stones, roll up, kill the Hoodgarde Mayor and so on...
Yeah, The first part in TOTL is the hardest. You need "only" 55.000, but the max score isn't first really that what i want, I first want to have 700.000 :D
sfn42
Creveton
Tings: 29203

Post by sfn42 »

Hey guys, I've decided to register here, too, in the light of recent RZ-concerning events.

My score at the moment is about 821000 with the following level scores:

FC: 42500
CF: 104900
TBOM: 88700
TLOTLD: 119599
DOTK: 109339
TLS: 41000
SBTC: 104700
HH: 105500
TOTL: 104499

I see you are talking about TOTL. To me it is one of the easier levels. Part one may be a little hard, especially the beginning, but after some time I always got it right and the rest are mainly simple combos and even if you make some little mistakes you still get the required 55000. Part two caused me some troubles in the beginning when getting the maximum (with the doors and the piggy banks) but the second part of the level is easy and the third part is also easy when you've gotten the hang of comboing the flying machines (don't know their names).

@Xenon: Don't be afraid of the 3 Matuvu-combo, it is not as difficult as it seems (at least in the standard version). You've managed the warehouse, the Razoff glitch and other stuff which are a lot more difficult (at least to me). I would say the 3 Matuvu-combo is even less difficult then the first combo of TBOM part 3 because it's shorter. And you all talking about TLOTLD has also reminded me of one of the hardest combos I've ever played, comboing the matuvu in the 2nd part for 2500. It's insanely difficult.
Anyway, good luck for FC.
Xenon
Pirate Lunette

Post by Xenon »

Welcome to the forums! :) Great to have you with us.

You are about 6000 points ahead of me, but I may be able to catch up once I've completed TFC :P
TOTL is a little difficult I find, but generally the maximum score is easily achievable. Part 1 did take me some time though, simply because whenever I conquered the first combo for 20,000 points, the rest mucked itself up. It may have been because I was scared of the potential failure.
I found TLOTLD easy though, especially part 3 onwards. You say you got the Matuvu for 2500 points? How was this done? There's a much easier method described in the solution - perhaps you aren't aware of it.

Anyway, do you have any tips about getting the third Matuvu? I've tried many times, but each time I miss by around a nanosecond. Some people may think I'm crazy when I say this, but I miss it by about 0.0001 seconds... seriously. The main problem is that I have to move the camera down slightly, thus losing me time.
Mountain Goat
Carnivora

Post by Mountain Goat »

When you one time managed the 3-Matuvu, it's not more difficult, than you can manage him again every time. When I tried the first time, I thought: Oh, that's impossible! But then I played it many times more and I got it. Anyway, I got the first part of TOTL now. :D 54.000 points. I know, that's not enough for max score, but after the crash it's important to come first on 700.000
sfn42
Creveton

Post by sfn42 »

To get the Matuvu in part 2 of TLOTLD for 2500 was necessary for me because I didn't know how to get more than 37000 in the first part and therefore needed some extra points. I don't remember the exact way of the combo but it starts with the gems on the balloons, then you fall down and take one or two of the piggy banks, then the tribelle and finish the combo with the last piggy bank and the matuvu immediately afterwards. It's worth more points than in MandM's solution but it's also a lot more difficult.

About the third Matuvu: There are no real tips. It might be helpful to practice a little bit with the red gem and the matuvu to find the right position but it's mainly about practice. Just replay, replay and replay until you manage it. Anyway, I know what you're talking about. Missing Matuvus by nanoseconds happened to me so often...
Mountain Goat
Carnivora

Post by Mountain Goat »

I got every time 39.000 in LOTLD in Part 1, because I find the second part very difficult. So I didn't had so much to do in Part 2.
BTW, I finished Part 2 in TOTL with 81.000 :)
Xenon
Pirate Lunette

Post by Xenon »

@ sfn42: Yeah, I guess I'll just have to keep practicing. The first and second Matuvus are fine, but the third is just horrible. The fourth one downstairs is almost as hard, but I can get that on a more regular basis. How long did it take you to do the Matuvu combo?

@ mostwanted82: I'm not sure whether that's enough to get to the maximum. Either you are a few points off it, or you'll just scrape enough points. If you're going for 104499 you'll have to aim for that terrible 5000+ combo!
sfn42
Creveton

Post by sfn42 »

I think it took me about a week to do it for the first time. Afterwards I replayed FC twice and then it took 4-5 days each, which is rather short for me because I almost never play more than two hours on one day. The fourth one is also a problem because it often doesn't work when you have succeeded in the 3 Matuvu-combo and when you practice it after failing the 3 Matuvu it works all the time. It really sucks. Once I managed to get it about 4 times in a row and when it counted I blew it. Actually, it's quite similar to BOM part 3.
Joshua822
Estellia

Post by Joshua822 »

It's going great with my Score :D

I did the helicopter combo and the matuvu combo 6 times in a row :D
Xenon
Pirate Lunette

Post by Xenon »

What exactly is the helicopter combo? What is required of it?
sfn42 wrote:I think it took me about a week to do it for the first time. Afterwards I replayed FC twice and then it took 4-5 days each, which is rather short for me because I almost never play more than two hours on one day. The fourth one is also a problem because it often doesn't work when you have succeeded in the 3 Matuvu-combo and when you practice it after failing the 3 Matuvu it works all the time. It really sucks. Once I managed to get it about 4 times in a row and when it counted I blew it. Actually, it's quite similar to BOM part 3.
Indeed, and that's going to be another bugger in my game. I haven't even mastered the first hellish combo yet, and I've only done the second a few times. It's going to take a lot of luck to crack this...just the same as part 3 BOM for me actually. And one more thing (I did ask at RZ, but it got hacked a few hours after I posted), I'm having trouble getting the piggybank combo working. The problem is, I can't actually grab onto the second platform, and this means at least one yellow gem would need to be taken. Is there something I am missing here?
Joshua822
Estellia

Post by Joshua822 »

It's the combo with the muddibog, the mushroom, the gem, the splashdashes, and above the three gems :wink:
Xenon
Pirate Lunette

Post by Xenon »

The Muddibog? I thought we were talking about TLOTLD? :P
Muddibogs only appear in the marshlands.
Joshua822
Estellia

Post by Joshua822 »

Those spiky things, does muddibog mean that tree that throws rocks at you ?