Rabbids Go Home... Yeah!

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

dingodile555
Tribelle
Tings: 50

Re: Rabbids Go Home... Yeah!

Post by dingodile555 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:21 pm

Lijik wrote:BUT HUP NO, UBISOFT AM CORPORATE WHORES RABBIDS REPLACE RAYMAN FILM AT 11 LOLOLOLOLOL.
:hinhinhin:

Serza5
Bad Rayman
Tings: 486315

Post by Serza5 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:36 pm

Haruka wrote:
Drolpiraat wrote:That's true.

Here's a post on NeoGAF I just found:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... stcount=86
Some more infos from N-Zone (German magazine) and mostly backed by my own research:

- Ubisoft Montpellier is developing the game.
- The BG&E team seems to be working on the title.
- Development started about three years ago.
- It's based on the LyN engine, the technology behind BG&E2.
- The game is considered to be AAA.

And some stuff I've heard from someone who usually knows what he's talking about:

- Ancel himself is the development lead.
- BG&E2 remains in pre-production/ was put on hold until RGH is done.
- Ubisoft sees lots of potential in this game, considers it highly important.
- The game is really unconventional and strange.

Basically, it sounds like Rabbids Go Home is what was supposed to become Rayman 4 - without Rayman. Ubisoft was actually working on Rayman 4 in 2006 (the project became RRR I assume), and I guess some of the ideas were carried over after the decision was made to create a minigame collection instead.

I, for one, am hyped. This might end up being a great game.
*hides*

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Holy crap :shock:
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:

CheatCat
Chef Dragon
Tings: 18630

Post by CheatCat » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:26 pm

|Michael Ancel| Rayman? No, I don't know any Rayman! ..But the name sounds familiar... What have have I heard the name Rayman before..? No, sorry, I have no idea..
My girlfriend should have a great pair of... eyes.

Cairnie
Magicien
Tings: 78440

Post by Cairnie » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:28 pm

I HAVE NO SON >:C

Blimey, three years? If that's so, then how long have the previous RRRs been in development for? And I should imagine that it only took months to develop the DS games.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff

CheatCat
Chef Dragon
Tings: 18630

Post by CheatCat » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:30 pm

Maybe Michael Ancel takes more breaks when he development games now?
My girlfriend should have a great pair of... eyes.

Joshua822
Murray
Tings: 21010

Post by Joshua822 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:59 pm

RIP Rayman :( Mate, we had good times, and i promise i will never forget you :( I promise, and i KNOW, that one day you will rise up to the challenge again, because your world needs you

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Re:

Post by Haruka » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:09 pm

Joshua822 wrote:RIP Rayman :( Mate, we had good times, and i promise i will never forget you :( I promise, and i KNOW, that one day you will rise up to the challenge again, because your world needs you
:cry:

dingodile555
Tribelle

Re:

Post by dingodile555 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:10 pm

Joshua822 wrote:RIP Rayman :( Mate, we had good times, and i promise i will never forget you :( I promise, and i KNOW, that one day you will rise up to the challenge again, because your world needs you
Lijik's gonna love this. :hehe: Don't lose hope guise.

Droolie
Oumbr
Tings: 57610

Post by Droolie » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:11 pm

There is still hope: if Michel Ancel is working on "several" projects, and one of the projects is BG&E2, and another is RGH, then what are the other projects? Because "several" usually means more than 2...

Lijik
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Re:

Post by Lijik » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:26 am

So... zombie Rayman game? Interesting, maybe he join up with the chickens to fight Mr. Dark and Andre or something.
Drolpiraat wrote:There is still hope: if Michel Ancel is working on "several" projects, and one of the projects is BG&E2, and another is RGH, then what are the other projects? Because "several" usually means more than 2...
Probably. Considering BGE2 is also still in preproduction, he could have various different projects going on at various stages of preproduction.
StaceyW wrote:Blimey, three years? If that's so, then how long have the previous RRRs been in development for? And I should imagine that it only took months to develop the DS games.
Probably months (12 at the most) each. Maybe they were just made to keep the interest in the rabbids going cause Ubisoft knew that Rabbids Go Home was going to take a while. I mean think about it, Rayman is their top star. They can take a break for a long time and the gaming world will still remember him (as any news or blogpost about a new rabbid game shows). The rabbids are brand new, and as they learned with BGE a new property can disappear into obscurity quickly. Having quickly made (albiet fun) party games churned out to keep the characters in the minds of the public makes sense. It also explains why there was such an advertising push for TV Party - because the next rabbids game was going to be the "big one" and they wanted as big a fanbase beforehand as possible.

EDIT- Have these new screens been posted here yet?

dingodile555
Tribelle

Post by dingodile555 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:27 am

Nope not seen those, so thanks for posting them. So Rabbids are digging graves as well? I guess those green guys are Rabbid-Catchers or something

The "humans" look weird too. I wonder if there will be any Rayman cameos/refs.

Droolie
Oumbr

Post by Droolie » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:53 am

What I said was completely true: It's on IGN and Ubisoft...
Ubisoft has now officially announced Rabbids Go Home, and it will have a Holiday 2009 release.
It's indeed developed by Ubisoft Montpellier, which means Michel Ancel, unless he's only working on BG&E2 with Montpellier and not on RGH, but I highly doubt that.
More information will come in May's Nintendo Power.

MLII
Tarayzan
Tings: 43075

Re:

Post by MLII » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:34 am

We love you Rayman! Never lose hope! :cry:

Lijik
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Lijik » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:22 am

Drolpiraat wrote: More information will come in May's Nintendo Power.
Theres already scans of that online, its where the first images came from actually.

Droolie
Oumbr

Post by Droolie » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:28 am

The scans were released on April 1st, so that is APRIL's Nintendo Power, unless someone got it a month early... and I doubt that. :P

spiraldoor
Mr Dark
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:46 pm

Joshua822 wrote:But does the graphics really need to be top end ? I would rather have a game with the nice magical themed graphics of Rayman 2 then a Rayman game with better graphics then Crysis and no potential at all.
Why do you automatically assume that games with good graphics are shit?
Joshua822 wrote:You can make a good looking game for the Wii if you want too. Well, sure, the Wii can't handle HD graphics. But do we really need HD graphics ?
What's wrong with HD graphics?
Joshua822 wrote:And if you PS3 and X360 players out there would still prefer HD, they can always make other graphics for the Wii and share the graphics for the PS3 and X360 version.
Share the graphics for the PS3 and Xbox 360 version? NO

WASTE OF PS3 POTENTIAL

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:48 pm

spiraldoor wrote:
Joshua822 wrote:But does the graphics really need to be top end ? I would rather have a game with the nice magical themed graphics of Rayman 2 then a Rayman game with better graphics then Crysis and no potential at all.
Why do you automatically assume that games with good graphics are shit?
Joshua822 wrote:You can make a good looking game for the Wii if you want too. Well, sure, the Wii can't handle HD graphics. But do we really need HD graphics ?
What's wrong with HD graphics?
Joshua822 wrote:And if you PS3 and X360 players out there would still prefer HD, they can always make other graphics for the Wii and share the graphics for the PS3 and X360 version.
Share the graphics for the PS3 and Xbox 360 version? NO

WASTE OF PS3 POTENTIAL
My honest opinion is that if a game is released in multi-consoles, every game content (Graphics, sound, etc) could be "balanced", but not exagerating too much in a single content. :|

Cairnie
Magicien

Post by Cairnie » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Not exactly. Back in the old 16-bit days there used to be major differences between one cross-platform game but that depended on the specs of each console, same with the current generation.

And guys, just because the Rabbids are going standalone it doesn't mean Rayman is over. :/

so wuz old psn banner

dingodile555
Tribelle

Post by dingodile555 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:15 pm

OH YES IT DOES BOOHOO SIX YEARS AND RUNNING

I hate how almost all the platformers I played as a little kid have died/are being killed :cry:

Cairnie
Magicien

Post by Cairnie » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:35 pm

Half of the games I've played never even got a sequel.

so wuz old psn banner