Bye Ancel

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Re: Bye Ancel

Post by spiraldoor »

Jake360 wrote:To be honest i'd rather they discard Rayman 2 and 3 and start again making a sequel to the first game. :)
Jake360
Créature
Tings: 320

Post by Jake360 »

Sorry lol, but i liked the simplicity of the first one.

Made by ME!!! :D
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Jake360 wrote:I don't like Globox, i don't think he is an interesting character. To be honest i'd rather they discard Rayman 2 and 3 and start again making a sequel to the first game. :)
:boon: :boon: :boon: :boon: :boon: :boon: :boon:

spiraldoor wrote:
Jake360 wrote:To be honest i'd rather they discard Rayman 2 and 3 and start again making a sequel to the first game. :)
+1
Jake360 wrote:Sorry lol, but i liked the simplicity of the first one.
And R2 isn't simple? I would recomend you to play again the game (if you ever played it before) and think again.
Jake360
Créature

Post by Jake360 »

I havn't, but Rayman 3 introduced alot of unnecessary characters, Rayman 2 seems to be getting alot of praise. I've recently bought it so I will get round to playing it, i've only played the demo.

Sorry but i'm not such a Rayman fanatic as you guys. I like the franchise and the original Rayman was the first game I ever played. I've wanted a sequel for the main series for a long time, found this forum through wikipedia i think and decided to sign up. Sorry if i've said something outside the general forum consensus. :|

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

spiraldoor wrote:
PluMGMK wrote:I'm sure they're kicking themselves for not tying Rayman games to a server, like they're doing with their latest games. They could just shut it down and render every Rayman game unplayable.
No they couldn't; that DRM was cracked ages ago, as per usual.
Well, I was just trying to be dramatic. I knew that someone would crack it.
ParadoxJuice
Tily
Tings: 35370

Post by ParadoxJuice »

spiraldoor wrote:Maybe he did, but he was completely wrong for Globox. Jack Black was a million times better, assuming that he actually did voice Globox in Rayman 2.
JACK BLACK VOICED GLOBOX?!?! WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS?!?!

What the fu-What the fu-What the fu-What the fu-What the fu-What the fu-What the fu-What the fu-What the fu-What the fu-
What the fu-What the fu-What the fu-What the fu-What the fu-What the fu-What the fu-What the fu-What the fu-What the fu-

Are we talking about the N64/PC/Dreamcast versions? Because Globox only ever moaned in those versions!
If anything I say sounds offensive, mean or rude in any way, it is not, no matter how sure you are. If we appear to be in a heated argument, I am perceiving it as a calm debate. WAGAZAKI!!!!
Spanex
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by Spanex »

Personally I would like to see a fitting voice to return for Globox. But no gibberish. I'm done with gibberish.
Sabertooth
Magicien
Tings: 53365

Post by Sabertooth »

Jake360 wrote:Rayman 3 introduced alot of unnecessary characters
And Rayman 1 didn't have any with The Musician, Tarayzan, and Joe? Besides, the new characters in R3 were either important to the plot (Andre, Reflux, Gumsi, The Teensie Doctors) or appeared for only one time and served as a boss fight (Razoff, Begoniax, Celoche, Master Kaag)
WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON THIS FORUM. That'd be like if I joined a Beatles fan club because I found their first album in my attic and enjoyed it to an extent.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:
Jake360
Créature

Post by Jake360 »

Sabertooth1000000000 wrote:WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON THIS FORUM. That'd be like if I joined a Beatles fan club because I found their first album in my attic and enjoyed it to an extent.
Don't get me wrong, i love the games and the gameplay. It's just the only game i've played where i'm thinking, wth is going on.

Edit: Well i'm playing Rayman 2 atm for the first time and alot of the characters are introduced here it seems so maybe the jump from the original to Rayman 3 leaves alot of gaps.

spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

Jake360 wrote:I havn't, but Rayman 3 introduced alot of unnecessary characters, Rayman 2 seems to be getting alot of praise. I've recently bought it so I will get round to playing it, i've only played the demo.

Sorry but i'm not such a Rayman fanatic as you guys. I like the franchise and the original Rayman was the first game I ever played. I've wanted a sequel for the main series for a long time, found this forum through wikipedia i think and decided to sign up. Sorry if i've said something outside the general forum consensus. :|
There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with us, but you really have no right to pass such harsh judgement on a game that you haven't even played. Especially when that game is agreed by most fans and critics to be the pinnacle of the series.
ParadoxJuice wrote:
spiraldoor wrote:Maybe he did, but he was completely wrong for Globox. Jack Black was a million times better, assuming that he actually did voice Globox in Rayman 2.
JACK BLACK VOICED GLOBOX?!?! WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS?!?!

Are we talking about the N64/PC/Dreamcast versions? Because Globox only ever moaned in those versions!
We're talking about the Raymanian voiceover, I think. That's the one that sounds somewhat like him. I'm not even sure where this information came from, though, so it may not be true. I do know that Jack Black worked with Ubisoft Montpellier for the King Kong game, in which he voiced his own character.
Newray
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by Newray »

You're doing nothing wrong by prefering the original Rayman over Rayman 2 or 3. After all, both sequels are totally different games with different atmospheres. For example, I also placed 'harsh judgements' on some games like Call of Duty, even though I haven't played much of it. I just know that I like the Sci-Fi style and extremely fast gameplay from other shooters more, no need to play the game for hours to see that it's not something for me. In terms of Rayman however, I still prefer Rayman 3 as my all-time favorite, even though I know most would disagree.
Rayman Origins Progress: 100% Image246/246 Image51/51 Image31/31 Image10/10
Rayman Jungle Run Progress: 100% Image70/70
Rayman 3 HD Progress: 100% ImageScore: 702322 ImageCages: 60/60
Spanex
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by Spanex »

It's after all a matter of personal taste. I like both Rayman 2 and 3. I only mannaged to play a small part of Rayman 1, and I prefer the worlds of R2 and 3 over R1. Why? I just don't like the thought of being in a giant world made of candy, or music instruments. But then again, that's just my opinion.
Newray
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by Newray »

Indeed. Some spin-off games were just as good, like Rayman M, though it exists in the Rayman 2 universe. Everything Rayman is just impressive gamedesign! ;)
Rayman Origins Progress: 100% Image246/246 Image51/51 Image31/31 Image10/10
Rayman Jungle Run Progress: 100% Image70/70
Rayman 3 HD Progress: 100% ImageScore: 702322 ImageCages: 60/60
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Spanex wrote:It's after all a matter of personal taste.
Of course! In my case I like Rayman 1 a lot, I love Rayman 2 and I also like Rayman 3. There are also great spin-offs like Rayman 3 for GBA/N-GAGE!
But everyone has their own reasons to like more a game than other.
Tulio
Grand Mini
Tings: 5485

Post by Tulio »

Spanex wrote:It's after all a matter of personal taste. I like both Rayman 2 and 3. I only mannaged to play a small part of Rayman 1, and I prefer the worlds of R2 and 3 over R1. Why? I just don't like the thought of being in a giant world made of candy, or music instruments. But then again, that's just my opinion.
Yes, indeed. R1 universe was just too child-ish for me. I wonder how could it look in Rayman 4 prototype... o-o
Nannerb3
El Luchador
Tings: 22135

Post by Nannerb3 »

When Rayman 4 comes out, Ubisoft is gonna get a huge flow of cash from us, and probably make another game, wanting to get more.
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

Greenbottle3 wrote:When Rayman 4 comes out, Ubisoft is gonna get a huge flow of cash from us, and probably make another game, wanting to get more.
That won't happen. There aren't enough of us to produce a 'huge flow of cash'.
Jake360
Créature

Post by Jake360 »

Greenbottle3 wrote:When Rayman 4 comes out, Ubisoft is gonna get a huge flow of cash from us, and probably make another game, wanting to get more.
Yeh, they'll probably only get £1000 from us. I don't think that'll cover development cost, but believe it or not others outside of this community like Rayman as well so it will sell. :)

Xenon
Pirate Lunette
Tings: 98896

Post by Xenon »

Even if Ubisoft did release an R4 that tallied with the greatness of R2 in terms of game design, I don't think this greatness would be reflected in the sales income. In my opinion there's no room for platformers like Rayman in the market anymore, because fans have become more interested in high-tech futuristic shooter or action games or games that make use of modern technology. It's a social issue more than anything.

For this reason I doubt there'll ever be another Rayman instalment.
Jake360
Créature

Post by Jake360 »

Xenon wrote:Even if Ubisoft did release an R4 that tallied with the greatness of R2 in terms of game design, I don't think this greatness would be reflected in the sales income. In my opinion there's no room for platformers like Rayman in the market anymore, because fans have become more interested in high-tech futuristic shooter or action games or games that make use of modern technology. It's a social issue more than anything.

For this reason I doubt there'll ever be another Rayman instalment.
I'd have to respectively disagree. :) I know it isn't in the same genre but 3d dot game heroes is doing well. If the gameplay is good it will sell well, if it has a good balance of realistic and cartoon graphics that are nicely polished then that'll help. It wont sell like a CoD, but considering it is more than likely going to be on all the main platforms then i don't see why it wont be high up in opening sales. Hopefully RRR has opened it up to a larger audiance as well.