Rayman 3: Corrupt Save file; new one available?

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Shrooblord
Froutch
Tings: 64535

Rayman 3: Corrupt Save file; new one available?

Post by Shrooblord »

Hi, Pirate-Community,

WARNING: THIS TOPIC MAY INCLUDE SPOILERS FOR RAYMAN 3; IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE GAME, SKIP THE NEXT PARAGRAPH AND SEE IF YOU CAN ANSWER MY QUESTION WITHOUT THE CONTEXT.

I have been playing Rayman 3 again since years lately, and finished it completely, all levels almost full score, all cages I could find, every level up to the last end boss, etc. Then, I reached the final endboss, or at least, what I think is the final end boss (I never managed to complete Rayman 3). Now, I beat Reflux all the way through, right up to the point where he starts developping his little plasma-wings. He then flies up, Rayman and Globox chase him in their hover-car thing and the game loads and saves.

Here comes the problem. When my game saved, it blue screened my computer. Now I wasn't too worried, since that happens only rarely, but frequently enough for me to have learned that R3 is a bit unstable sometimes. However, when I resumed my play, I noticed my savegame had a Points total of -184282674 points and a cage total of 193756383. Weird numbers, yeah, but nothing big really. Then I tried loading it. The game chrashed and I forced my computer off, because it had become non-responsive. I reinstalled the game after several attempts of getting it to work, tried opening the SAV file in Notepad (which didn't work, not entirely unexpected) and scoured the internet in search of a complete save file so I could resume my play without having to restart the entire game.

All failed. So now, I have here a save file that's corrupt, and a very unhappy gamer sitting in front of his computer. Does any of you have a complete save file? Has any of you finished the game, or at least, finished it to some extent? I really wouldn't want to have to do the whole game again. If you do, could you please copy the .sav file of that game from your Rayman 3 directory (DEFAULT: C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\Rayman3\GAMEDATA\Savegame\) and upload it on a hosting site (Host-a Hosting for example) so I could copy it and happily resume my play? Or what would be even better, has any of you experienced this before and have you found a solution?

So, I'm just looking for
1) A solution to the corruption problem.
2) A Rayman 3 PC .sav file that has been completed or has been completed signifficantly; I don't need a complete one, but I wouldn't want to have to complete a big part of the game again.

Thank you so much if you can help me,
Shrooblord
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Re: Rayman 3: Corrupt Save file; new one available?

Post by Haruka »

Howdy, I guess the only solution for your problem is to uninstall the game and reinstalling it again to see if the unstability of the system stops. Plus, you need to start over a save file from zero.
da1
Obus à Pattes
Tings: 358

Post by da1 »

PluMGMK
Estellia
Location: An tír ina labhraítear (beagán ar fad) an teanga ina bhfuil sé seo scríofa
Tings: 7588

Post by PluMGMK »

How were those huge figures represented? There aren't nearly enough slots on the UI.