Rayman Origins

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Which version is your favourite?

PS3
19%
Xbox 360
13%
Wii
15%
PC
43%
PSVita
7%
3DS
3%

Total votes: 114

incognito
Électoon
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by incognito »

I get the feeling someone is watching us.
This is actually maybe a teasing attempt, maybe... he's reading us. Illuminati

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3370

Post by PluMGMK »

Well, if that's the case, allow me to say again: Hell no to more story-cut games!

DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Femme
Tings: 1772

Post by DandyGuy »

incognito wrote:I get the feeling someone is watching us.
This is actually maybe a teasing attempt, maybe... he's reading us. Illuminati

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez »

PluMGMK wrote:Well, if that's the case, allow me to say again: Hell no to more story-cut games!
Doesn't bother me. Just want the gameplay to be a good and fun experience.

incognito
Électoon

Post by incognito »

Bradandez wrote:
PluMGMK wrote:Well, if that's the case, allow me to say again: Hell no to more story-cut games!
Origins and Legends were actually more Arcade games, the fun about these games is when you're young and you're playing it in multiplayer, only there it gets pleasant, however, on solo the game makes a good job of killing your time.

Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur
Tings: 16900

Post by Greeness »

I can agree with that, as much as I would like a compelling story I would much rather to have a fun game that plays well.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez »

incognito wrote:
Bradandez wrote:
Origins and Legends were actually more Arcade games, the fun about these games is when you're young and you're playing it in multiplayer, only there it gets pleasant, however, on solo the game makes a good job of killing your time.
Once again, you're full of shit. I've been playing Origins for almost 5 years and I've play the game solo for a majority of the time I have and it has yet to become boring. The game is timeless fun.

Pirez
Ly
Tings: 97945

Post by Pirez »

It's also called Origins for no reason whatsoever, but nobody likes to talk about that at Ubisoft, explaining instead that "oh we just wanted to go back to a time of 2D-platformers".

Is Origins good? Yes. Could it have been so much more with a coherent story? Yes.

Dart
Aglagl
Tings: 49835

Post by Dart »

Bradandez wrote:
incognito wrote:
Bradandez wrote:
Once again, you're full of shit. I've been playing Origins for almost 5 years and I've play the game solo for a majority of the time I have and it has yet to become boring. The game is timeless fun.
This.

incognito
Électoon

Post by incognito »

Bradandez wrote:
incognito wrote:
Bradandez wrote:
It actually depends on the dude playing the game though, I've finished it on PC and despite having it on PS3 I never bothered to finish the console game.
The game is actually way more fun if it is a moment you share, and I'm a veeeeery antisocial guy.

Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur

Post by Greeness »

incognito wrote:and I'm a veeeeery antisocial guy.
I find this to be very relatable.

Reiska
Deadman
Tings: 5865

Post by Reiska »

Some people didn't understand that The Magician was an enemy. I know that because I have watched some let's plays and people think they are actually trying to save him. I think Michel is asking did you understand what The Magician was all about.

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Unless if I was getting the Vita version on my hands, that would be the only time I would replay the game. I'm giving it a long-term rest for now.

Which reminds me I still need to get Level 11 in Legends (PS3) but I've been with lack of motivation, especially after having done so in PC and Wii U.

Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur

Post by Greeness »

I like this review, it speaks more about the artistic part of origins.

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta

Post by PluMGMK »

Currently replaying this, got to the Mystical Pique. In light of our recent controversy, I'm beginning to think the Fakirs might be a satire of R1/2 fanboys/-girls who don't appreciate the less serious tone of R3 and the Rabbids games…

Bradandez
Globox

Post by Bradandez »

Announcing something to celebrate Rayman Origins' 5th anniversary.
http://bradandezart.tumblr.com/post/151 ... ory-rayman

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta

Post by PluMGMK »

Well, it wouldn't make much sense for me to participate in that, but looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

I realize my use of "fanboys" in my previous post may have offended some/many people. I'm sorry. I should have just said "fans".

Dart
Aglagl
Tings: 49835

Post by Dart »

Bradandez wrote:Announcing something to celebrate Rayman Origins' 5th anniversary.
http://bradandezart.tumblr.com/post/151 ... ory-rayman
Sweet, glad to see you got it up! I haven't really decided on who I want to draw but I'll let you know by the end of the night somewhere.
PluMGMK wrote:Well, it wouldn't make much sense for me to participate in that, but looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

I realize my use of "fanboys" in my previous post may have offended some/many people. I'm sorry. I should have just said "fans".
I wouldn't worry about it, if people get offended just ignore them. :P

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta

Post by PluMGMK »

The first few times I played this I thought the credits were repeating ad infinitum, because the localization information came up twice. Now I think I know why: the first time it was "Localization", the second "Localisation". Perhaps someone searched the credits text file for "localisation" and thought it hadn't been added yet when that search returned no results. :P

Sabertooth
Joe
Tings: 53315

Post by Sabertooth »

Happy birthday, Rayman Origins! Five years ago today our little franchise was brought back from an eight-year dormancy (Rabbids aside) and to this day it's set the standard for the series to come. It spawned a sequel and three mobile spin-offs, one of which is still being updated. What's your best memory of Rayman Origins?

Mine is probably playing the game for five hours in my dorm room with two friends last year. The game is definitely better with partners; it's great single-player, but with friends it feels like a real mirthful adventure.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr: