Rayman Origins

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which version is your favourite?

PS3
17%
Xbox 360
16%
Wii
16%
PC
43%
PSVita
7%
3DS
2%

Total votes: 167

Luckster
Oiseau Moqueur
Tings: 17660

Re: E3 brings us.....more Rabbids AND Rayman!?

Post by Luckster »

Sabertooth1000000000 wrote:
Luckster wrote:Why does it HAVE to be on the Wii? The Wii is relatively limited if you ask me, at least from what I've seen. I'd like a game on the 360 personally.
I don't care if it's on the 360 or PS3, I just wanted a Wii release so I could actually get it. But fuck it, this game is gonna suck anyway. Also, appearantly the game is also on the Apple iPad. Yeah, the iPad, but not Wii. Makes perfect sense to me.
Dude, just take a deep breath and calm down for a second. It's not THAT bad!
IllarKallas
Lums Rouge
Tings: 70

Post by IllarKallas »

Like i said on RZ,it looks so cartoonish,Rayman looks...Crazy and drugged :lol: :lol: :lol: ,and globox looks....Brain-damaged.

But awesume,about time but...IN EPISODES!??
Lijik
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Lijik »

Luckster wrote:And what's wrong with 2D? 2D is fucking awesome! And the backgrounds are just BEAUTIFUL!
Nothing if it's on a handheld platform or as a side game, not the next major installment since 2003 :(

I was just expecting Ancel to give us a more cooperative timeline, and this is killing it.

Then again...maybe if we consider that Rayman knew Globox since before R1. We could classify this as a prequel to R1. But so far, this looks to be Legend of Spyro all over again.

Oh, and according to 1Up it's not on the Wii. Excuse me while I go commit suicide.
Jesus christ you must be abhorrent.

EDIT-
Why episodes?
To release one this year, and because big games take a long time to make, which in turns makes their price high.
With episodes, the price must be proportional to the size of the game, there is no way we are taking gamers for loosers!
Episodes also let us imagine a longer and more developed saga than with a more “classical” format.
Oh yes, and there is a golden rule: the size of each episode and its replayability must be important enough to make the players feel … fulfilled.
From the Ubiart site on episodes before anyone has a metldown about it.
Sabertooth
Magicien
Tings: 53365

Post by Sabertooth »

Luckster wrote: Dude, just take a deep breath and calm down for a second.
Yeah, I wish it was that easy. Do you know how long I've waited for this? Only about six years. And now Ubi is telling me that I can't get it for the sake of good graphics.

I can't wait for them to announce that it will only be available in Europe and Japan. There's no way this is as bad as it gets.

Anyway, I hope all of you 360, PS3 and iPad owners will be enjoying this game. I sure as hell won't.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:
Luckster
Oiseau Moqueur

Post by Luckster »

Yeah, it's not that easy. Do you know how long I've waited for this? Only about six years. And now Ubi is telling me that I can't get it for the sake of good graphics.

I can't wait for them to announce that it will only be available in Europe and Japan. There's no way this is as bad as it gets.
How long YOU'VE waited for it?

You make it sound like you're the only one who's been waiting for a new Rayman game. We've ALL been waiting for it. We finally got something.

Hell, I'm STILL waiting for a continuation of the Orre games from Pokemon, and if one comes out, I'll be thankful enough that it's coming out at all.
Lijik
Antitoon

Post by Lijik »

Yeah, I wish it was that easy. Do you know how long I've waited for this? Only about six years. And now Ubi is telling me that I can't get it for the sake of good graphics.

Anyway, I hope all of you 360, PS3 and iPad owners will be enjoying this game. I sure as hell won't.
This is what I imagine when I read each of your meltdowns:
Sabertooth
Magicien

Post by Sabertooth »

Luckster wrote:How long YOU'VE waited for it?
You make it sound like you're the only one who's been waiting for a new Rayman game. We've ALL been waiting for it. We finally got something.
Good, congratulations. But it's still completely ridiculous for this game to not be on the Wii. Ubisoft is being extremely inconsiderate doing that. I'm not the only one who won't be able to buy this game, you know. Thousands of Rayman fans everywhere won't because they sided with Nintendo in the seventh gen war. In fact, you'd think that a game with actual color in it would be on a Nintendo platform.

Also, just checked out the RRTiT trailer. Kinda predictable to be doing a Back to the Future parody, but I do like the concept to an extent, and it looks like they're raving again.
Luckster wrote:Hell, I'm STILL waiting for a continuation of the Orre games from Pokemon
Don't hold your breath.
Last edited by Sabertooth on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luckster
Oiseau Moqueur

Post by Luckster »

Good, congratulations. But it's still completely ridiculous for this game to not be on the Wii. In fact, you'd think that a game with actual color in it would be on a Nintendo platform.

Also, just checked out the RRTiT trailer. Kinda predictable to be doing a Back to the Future parody, but I do like the concept to an extent, and it looks like they're raving again.
Luckster wrote:Hell, I'm STILL waiting for a continuation of the Orre games from Pokemon
Don't hold your breath.
Just be happy we're getting a Rayman game at all.

And what? Other consoles aren't allowed to have color?

And I can hold my breath as long as I want. I loved the Orre games.

Miror B. is a sexy beast!!
Lijik
Antitoon

Post by Lijik »

Good, congratulations. But it's still completely ridiculous for this game to not be on the Wii.
No its completely ridiculous at how much of a manchild you're being about this. They said on the Ubi-art site that they're a small team and that they dont have the man power to downport the game (which further makes sense since its probably downloadable due to its episodic nature and the Wii has a 40 mb size limit theyd have to resize all of the assets to account for)

Maybe after a set of episodes there will be a retail release and there will be a wii port, so you and I can play the game (I dont have any HD consoles either), maybe there will be a PC port. I dunno. Just calm down, and understand that theres a damn good reason for it.
IllarKallas
Lums Rouge
Tings: 70

Post by IllarKallas »

I hope they release it for PC,or i will be destroyed. :(

I love that they will make it in 2D,that means they did not forget,but the bad thing,episodes,that sucks.
It looks like a multiplayer or something like that.
Sabertooth
Magicien

Post by Sabertooth »

Luckster wrote: And what? Other consoles aren't allowed to have color?
I'm not saying they can't, I'm saying that they simply choose not to with their endless sea of identical first-person shooters.
Luckster wrote: And I can hold my breath as long as I want. I loved the Orre games.
I'm just saying, I doubt they'll make another Orre game. Battle Revolution didn't take place in Orre (or even have a story, for that matter) despite being an appearant successor to Colosseum/XD. And sorry, but I just can't see them making one anytime soon. But now we're getting off topic.
Superlol wrote:It looks like a multiplayer or something like that.
Yeah, it's 2p co-op which seems to be the best thing about it right now. I'm just surprised that Globox isn't some unimaginative new character.
Luckster
Oiseau Moqueur

Post by Luckster »

Luckster wrote: And what? Other consoles aren't allowed to have color?
I'm not saying they can't, I'm saying that they simply choose not to with their endless sea of identical first-person shooters.
Luckster wrote: And I can hold my breath as long as I want. I loved the Orre games.
I'm just saying, I doubt they'll make another Orre game. Battle Revolution didn't take place in Orre (or even have a story, for that matter) despite being an appearant successor to Colosseum/XD. And sorry, but I just can't see them making one anytime soon. But now we're getting off topic.
Superlol wrote:It looks like a multiplayer or something like that.
Yeah, it's 2p co-op which seems to be the best thing about it right now. I'm just surprised that Globox isn't some unimaginative new character.
Disgaea 3 is pretty colorful, and it's on the PS3.

And I can still hold my hopes up for another Orre game. It would be very fun. If nothing happens, nothing happens. I still have Colo/XD to keep me happy.
Sabertooth
Magicien

Post by Sabertooth »

Looks like there's a main website.

http://raymanorigins.uk.ubi.com/2010/06/

Oddly enough, RaymanZone still redirects to Rabbids Go Home (at least in the US). Yep, I predict that this is going to be exactly like The Legend of Spyro: They advertise it as a prequel to the original series, but it will soon become a new saga altogether with nothing connecting it to the main continuity.
Luckster
Oiseau Moqueur

Post by Luckster »

Considering Ubisoft has rebooted series like Prince of Persia, it won't shock me if Ubisoft wants to reboot the Rayman series.

Could be a blessing in disguise.
Sabertooth
Magicien

Post by Sabertooth »

Luckster wrote:Could be a blessing in disguise.
What do you mean by that? That doesn't seem to collaborate with your previous sentence.
Luckster wrote:Considering Ubisoft has rebooted series like Prince of Persia, it won't shock me if Ubisoft wants to reboot the Rayman series.
But the original PoP series wasn't developed by Ubi, so it makes perfect sense to reboot that. But when you reboot your own series, it's like throwing away all of your work and starting over. Proving my theory, once again, that Ubisoft is ashamed of Rayman.
Last edited by Sabertooth on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luckster
Oiseau Moqueur

Post by Luckster »

You know what? Fuck it! I'm done trying here!
Sabertooth
Magicien

Post by Sabertooth »

Luckster wrote:You know what? Fuck it! I'm done trying here!
Great, then forget it.
Luckster
Oiseau Moqueur

Post by Luckster »

You have got to be THE most stubborn fan I've ever met! I've loved the series since 1995 and even I don't NERDRAGE as much as you do!
Sabertooth
Magicien

Post by Sabertooth »

Luckster wrote:You have got to be THE most stubborn fan I've ever met!
It's the stubborn fans that care the most.
Luckster wrote:I've loved the series since 1995 and even I don't NERDRAGE as much as you do!
Well you should.
Luckster
Oiseau Moqueur

Post by Luckster »

Stubborn fans don't care. They want things THEIR way and ONLY their way and if it's NOT their way, that must mean that the company doesn't give a shit about them or something like that.

Fans who are forgiving and accepting and are willing to try the new things said company gives out are the fans who actually care.

What's Nerdraging do? NOTHING! It just makes you look like an ass.