Rayman Origins

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Which version is your favourite?

PS3
20%
Xbox 360
14%
Wii
16%
PC
41%
PSVita
6%
3DS
3%

Total votes: 109

spiraldoor
Mr Dark
Tings: 156595

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by spiraldoor » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:06 pm

How do we know that Ancel is actually working on the game? I know we can deduce it from the other parts of the rumour coming true, but have Ubisoft made any official announcements about it?

Spanex
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by Spanex » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:44 pm

Haruka wrote:Spanex, I don't think that in 6 months we will have the game (I wish I'm wrong on this) because they still didn't talk about the release date and the specific platforms it will be released. Maybe on Xmas season we will have more information about it.
Well, they DID say this year. :/

Also could you send me that font in your signature?

Jewish Candy
Uglette
Tings: 28664

Post by Jewish Candy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:58 pm

The most reasonable man God ever had the pleasure of creating wrote:Okay, so I'm new here (Hello!) but here's my opinions... THE GIANT PINK MONSTER...
Gawd, do I love you, Stu-kun. :winkgrin: Everything you say is true.
Oh, I'm new too btw. Hi, peeps. :yeah: Seriously though, some of you guys have got venemous about RO. Kinda put me off joining the forums. It's been 7 years, and a bunch of you just wanna slash the tyres. Have a heart for the BG&E fans out there. We've had a whole suitcaseful of games we could play during our wait; they've only had one, and they're STILL waiting. Be grateful!

Nevertheless, I do still have some issues.
Why oh WHY is the nymph/Betilla hybrid getting happy from a gust of wind?! No one's that sensitive! :shock:
Is Rayman going to lose that 'Mario slide' or what?
And finally, who else thinks that the GIANT PINK MONSTER is a mutated form of Ly? :sad: Guess I'm in a minority of one.
Sig by Juli Patti~
Proof that I control the Pirate Community at its highest levels. And here, further evidence of my divinity...
Words to live by:
[quote="Melody"]eybrows make everything shmexy[/quote]

kristaldoodle
Antitoon
Tings: 5

Post by kristaldoodle » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:39 pm

StaceyW wrote:I tried typing in Raymanzone.com and now it redirects to the RO blog it seems. Whoever coded the old site was a lazy git anyway.
no its still alive if you found the UK one: http://raymanzone.uk.ubi.com/ but last update was when rayman 2 came out on the ipod touch/iphone
je parle en Francais aussi. (je suis quebecoise).

syntheticgerbil
Électoon

Post by syntheticgerbil » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:05 pm

spiraldoor wrote:How do we know that Ancel is actually working on the game? I know we can deduce it from the other parts of the rumour coming true, but have Ubisoft made any official announcements about it?
Well Ubisoft will probably never make an official statement, but yeah, it's deduced mostly from what Nicolas Choukroun said on the Ancel Facebook page. Everything he hinted at so far and told us to look for during E3 has turned to be true. It also appears the Ubisoft employee at Idlethumbs is probably correct about Beyond Good and Evil 2 being on hold, so Ancel is probably not messing with that now.

Also the trailer shows whoever is handling this game is very familiar with the universes in Rayman 1 and 2, just seeing the abounding references to those games, so my guess is this is definitely Ancel's project.

I guess we won't know for sure until the credits of the games roll, but I'd say it's a safe bet.

spiraldoor
Mr Dark
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:42 pm

syntheticgerbil wrote:Also the trailer shows whoever is handling this game is very familiar with the universes in Rayman 1 and 2, just seeing the abounding references to those games, so my guess is this is definitely Ancel's project.
Abounding references to the other games is pretty much the norm for the Rayman series if you look closely enough.

For example, the nenuphar saga:

And don't even get me started on the popolopoï.

Anyway, I like how several new members have joined since the Rayman Origins announcement. Fresh blood and all that, you know.

Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:44 pm

It makes me happy seeing many new fans join in reaction to the new game. :D

Jake360
Obus à Pattes
Tings: 320

Post by Jake360 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:51 pm

Well i think the game is getting more and more childish. The intro to that trailer was so frustrating, when they said "a thingamajig" i just cringed. I'm sure the gameplay will be good but i'd like them to go back to the slightly more evil and dark themes of Rayman 2. Maybe it's so happy and clappy because it's a very early stage of Rayman's life and he doesn't understand it, who knows. I'm really glad we've got another Rayman game, I don't think this will be regarded as a true title to the main series but hopefully, as i've said before, if it sells well then that'll give Ubisoft an incentive to make a true sequel.

But i'm really pleased we've got a new Rayman game and will be downloading every episode as soon as it comes out. :D

Made by ME!!! :D

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:56 pm

Spanex wrote:
Haruka wrote:Spanex, I don't think that in 6 months we will have the game (I wish I'm wrong on this) because they still didn't talk about the release date and the specific platforms it will be released. Maybe on Xmas season we will have more information about it.
Well, they DID say this year. :/

Also could you send me that font in your signature?
They did? Then the most probable date to come out is on December month. :)

I don't remember where I downloaded the Rayman font, try to google "Rayman Text Font".

Jake360
Obus à Pattes
Tings: 320

Post by Jake360 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:59 pm

The good thing with releasing episodes is they'll be able to release parts of the game while still finishing up later parts. :)

Made by ME!!! :D

Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:16 pm

Yeah, it says so here: http://ubi-art.uk.ubi.com/
UBIart wrote:"...we would love to release a biiiiiig episode of Rayman Origins this year on HD consoles."
Anyway, shouldn't the file be in your fonts folder in configuration? But I'll look around a bit.

Matyuv
Gangsta Globox
Tings: 53281

Post by Matyuv » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:24 pm

Haruka wrote:I don't remember where I downloaded the Rayman font, try to google "Rayman Text Font".
If you're using Windows it should be in C:\Windows\Fonts folder.

Maybe we could upload it and put a link somewhere.
MandM81 wrote:YYYYYYYRRRHLHLPYYYYYYPDPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYRRRRRR

Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:53 pm

That would be a good idea :D

PluMGMK
Pâquerette
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Tings: 14353

Post by PluMGMK » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:01 pm

Yes, seeing as no copy of it currently exists on the Internet.

http://plumgmk.homeip.net/rayman.ttf

Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:15 pm

:D <3 thank you!

Alden
Électoon
Tings: 20

Post by Alden » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:18 pm

Jewish Candy wrote: And finally, who else thinks that the GIANT PINK MONSTER is a mutated form of Ly? :sad: Guess I'm in a minority of one.
Wouldn't her lips be green rather than blue if that was the case?

Anyway, if that nymph from the trailer really is Betilla then they've sexed her up big time. And gave her limbs like the Livingstones.

Jewish Candy
Uglette
Tings: 28664

Post by Jewish Candy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:31 pm

Alden wrote:Wouldn't her lips be green rather than blue if that was the case?
Well, there's always RRR GBA Ly. :P Now that was anorexia made sexy. And hypothermia, apparently...
Alden wrote:Anyway, if that nymph from the trailer really is Betilla then they've sexed her up big time. And gave her limbs like the Livingstones.
I hope it's not her. No one's allowed to have melons that big. NO ONE.
Hehee, you're new too! YAYNESS! *squee*
Sig by Juli Patti~
Proof that I control the Pirate Community at its highest levels. And here, further evidence of my divinity...
Words to live by:
[quote="Melody"]eybrows make everything shmexy[/quote]

Sabertooth
Joe
Tings: 53310

Post by Sabertooth » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Wow, we're getting a lot of new members. If Ubisoft makes enough Rayman games, maybe he'll finally be as popular as, say, Banjo-Kazooie.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:

SoundslikeStu
Bébé Globox
Tings: 40

Post by SoundslikeStu » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:11 pm

Last edited by SoundslikeStu on Tue May 17, 2016 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joshua822
Murray
Tings: 21010

Post by Joshua822 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:59 pm

I'm really glad we've got another Rayman game, I don't think this will be regarded as a true title to the main series
Why wouldn't we regard it as a part of the main series? Look at this blogpost on raymanorigins.uk.ubi.com. What Ubisoft says to us here is that this game tells the story of "how this uncontrollable individual and his grotesque companion become the heroes that we know". Judging by this subject, it has to be a part of the main series.

As of it being in 2D, aside of the changes in the artists' workflow and the art style that the artists wish to use, I think there are also some continuity related reasons why it is better that this game is in 2D. If my train of thought is correct ( correct me otherwise ), Rayman's world ended up in 3D between Rayman 1 and 2, judging by this Rayman 2 trailer. Seeing that this game is a prequel to Rayman 1, for continuity reasons it would best be in 2D.