Rayman Origins

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which version is your favourite?

PS3
17%
Xbox 360
16%
Wii
16%
PC
43%
PSVita
7%
3DS
2%

Total votes: 167

Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by Master »

Well, considering Ly's concept art for Rayman 3, I think we're better off as is.
As for Polokus not being able to stop the black lums, one could (lamely) explain that off by saying he went back into his sleep. I personally think he was unable to stop them because they were like the antimatter to his lums matter, and thus he could not affect them.
I think, whilst Globox was not seen often during the course of Rayman 2, he is a major plot point, as it is his captures that drive the story forward (1st Capture, Allows Rayman to escape, 2nd Capture, allows Rayman to traverse the Canopy, 3rd Capture, used to lure Rayman to Razorbead).
As for Clark, I think he SHOULD have appeared, however he should be lower on the list than Globox and Ly.
Sssam is a guy who you either love or hate, mine being the former, I admit he is whiny, but I don't think the guy gets much visitor and thus, is lonely. Besides, who doesn't like the Water-Skiing in the Marshes?

On topic, I am holding out on a pre-order of Rayman Origins because I want the special edition to be available, does anyone know if the UK will be lucky?
GoombaXx
Lums Bleu
Tings: 120

Post by GoombaXx »

Haruka wrote:
GoombaXx wrote: What console should I get Rayman 1 for then?
My personal recomendation is for you to get the PlayStation version, it is the easiest one to find. ;)

You can also try out the PC version of Rayman 1 if you don't give much trouble to some missing musics, but the cages in this version are much harder to find than in the PS1. :)
Oh kk, actually I think Rayman 1 is also on PSN so I might get it for that :P
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

It is. Oh and good luck, you're going to need it. If you pass by frustration moments don't tell us you were not warned. ;)
GoombaXx
Lums Bleu

Post by GoombaXx »

Haruka wrote:It is. Oh and good luck, you're going to need it. If you pass by frustration moments don't tell us you were not warned. ;)
lol I think I can handle the challenge :D
SuperSunshine
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by SuperSunshine »

GoombaXx wrote:
Haruka wrote:It is. Oh and good luck, you're going to need it. If you pass by frustration moments don't tell us you were not warned. ;)
Thats what they all say.
spiraldoor wrote:*reads the script*
*finds out the truth about The Reveal*
iambored2006
Chiottes

Post by iambored2006 »

Shrooblord wrote:On the note of things being absent in Rayman 3, where did Ly go? Or Uglette? Or Ssssam (although I can see this character disappearing not to be that strange, as they wouldn't be visiting the Marshes of Awakening again)?
Ssssam is DEAD! Razoff killed him! :(
Master4lyf1 wrote:I personally think he was unable to stop them because they were like the antimatter to his lums matter, and thus he could not affect them.
That's actually a great story! It's like a continuum of the scientific aspect of R1- the Protoon and Electoons and all that. Imagine, Polokus sending all the Lums to destroy themselves and the Hoodlums by touching them, so he saves one Lum in order to repopulate. Rayman is tasked with protecting him.
SuperSunshine wrote:
GoombaXx wrote:
Thats what they all say.
Yes. I remember Danny smiling all the time. He still smiles sometimes when I visit him at the mental hospital, you know...? Oh, WHY?! WHY, DO YOU MOCK ME SO, CRUEL FORTUNE?! HE SAW THE END IN ALEGRO PRESTO! HE COULD'VE MADE IT!
GoombaXx
Lums Bleu

Post by GoombaXx »

SuperSunshine wrote:
GoombaXx wrote:
Thats what they all say.
Just played some of Rayman 1... holly heck, I had it easy with just playing Mario!
Raymanarenaps2
Pti-lote
Tings: 2975

Post by Raymanarenaps2 »

This seems to be the very very beginning of Rayman's adventures.
Because in the first trailer rayman apears out of no where
and meets Globox. And they become freinds. This is what i think it Is about.
iambored2006
Chiottes

Post by iambored2006 »

Raymanarenaps2 wrote:This seems to be the very very beginning of Rayman's adventures.
Yes, I'm guessing that's why it's called Rayman Origins and maybe why the first trailer shows Rayman's birth. Just a guess.
BTW, welcome to the forum!
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

No, no no, i'm pretty sure Origins takes place after Rayman Raving Rabbids 2. :P
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
ikke471
Antitoon
Location: Who knows? Did you check your closet? I would If I were you...

Post by ikke471 »

RayTunes wrote:No, no no, i'm pretty sure Origins takes place after Rayman Raving Rabbids 2. :P
Raytunes stop trolling new people you might scare them away!!!
beebo44
Olympia
Tings: 31100

Post by beebo44 »

Raymanarenaps2 wrote:This seems to be the very very beginning of Rayman's adventures.
Nah, really? I thought it was the continual of Rayman RR2! LOL but seriously that's pretty obvious. Welcome to the forums!
Cairnie wrote:Also Penny Arcade Expo and most recently FanExpo in Canada. Then there'll be Eurogamer in London later this month, and that French one in October. No games have been confirmed for MCM expo in London next month but we'll see.
You forgot the one that's happening down my end. EBGames Expo is happening in October on Gold Coast in QLD Australia.
Haruka wrote:Sadly I won't have anyone to play in Co-Op.
Don't worry Haruka, you're not alone here, alas, my family is ignorant to the gamer's ways and thinks it is a waste of money to buy consoles and videogames...

Also, does anyone know a place to get Rayman Forever/Gold for PC for free? I feel left out with having the shitty Rayman Advance (not that it sucks I just hate the music and graphics), not the original.
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:(…)it ;).
Here's the real doldrum, you put your emoticon before your period. Wtf?
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

beebo44 wrote:Also, does anyone know a place to get Rayman Forever/Gold for PC for free?
Games are not free. You have to pay for them.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/rayman_forever
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Try out the GOG version of Rayman Forever, 5,99$ is quite a bargain. :)

If I get the PS3, is there any PS3 user in the forum that will not mind in sharing accounts to add into my friends list?
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Haruka wrote:Try out the GOG version of Rayman Forever, 5,99$ is quite a bargain. :)

If I get the PS3, is there any PS3 user in the forum that will not mind in sharing accounts to add into my friends list?
Sure! Mine is Terminator3232
SuperSunshine
Électoon

Post by SuperSunshine »

Haruka wrote:Try out the GOG version of Rayman Forever, 5,99$ is quite a bargain. :)

Mines TerribleBonKiwis :mrgreen: Speaking of that i think i should also add other RPC members.
spiraldoor wrote:*reads the script*
*finds out the truth about The Reveal*
Tricai
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 830

Post by Tricai »

Yup yup, I don't mind if anyone wants to add me, either. :') More the merrier!
Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex »

Mine is Spanex1990
sergiomonty
Antitoon
Tings: 10

Post by sergiomonty »

spiraldoor wrote:
beebo44 wrote:Also, does anyone know a place to get Rayman Forever/Gold for PC for free?
Games are not free. You have to pay for them.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/rayman_forever
Meh...I'm a pirate. Anyway I'm getting the original version rayman origins.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

And even like that it will be hard to pirate the game in the consoles that it will be released.