Rayman Origins

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Which version is your favourite?

PS3
22
20%
Xbox 360
15
14%
Wii
17
16%
PC
45
41%
PSVita
7
6%
3DS
3
3%
 
Total votes: 109

Luckster
Chef Dragon
Posts: 3880
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:06 pm
Location: The Magician's Hat
Contact:
Tings: 17660

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by Luckster » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:39 am

AJack wrote:
Luckster wrote:Heh...I give an opinion and it's ripped to shreds. Next time I'll bite my tongue and love the game blindly.
There's no need to be like that. When you post strong opinions, you can't be surprised if people respond with their own ;)
It's one thing to have a strong counter opinion and another to say "Everything you say is wrong". I understand people enjoy this game regardless of the flaws I saw, but the response I got picked apart everything I said and pretty much made it seem like I am ignorant to the game and I know nothing about what makes a game good.
Image

AJack
Reclu
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:46 am
Location: Australia
Tings: 612

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by AJack » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:17 am

Luckster wrote:
AJack wrote:
Luckster wrote:Heh...I give an opinion and it's ripped to shreds. Next time I'll bite my tongue and love the game blindly.
There's no need to be like that. When you post strong opinions, you can't be surprised if people respond with their own ;)
It's one thing to have a strong counter opinion and another to say "Everything you say is wrong". I understand people enjoy this game regardless of the flaws I saw, but the response I got picked apart everything I said and pretty much made it seem like I am ignorant to the game and I know nothing about what makes a game good.
I never said you were wrong. I replied to each of your points with my own counter-points - that's how discussion works! If you disagree with my counterpoints, you're welcome to reply to them - discussion and debate are good things, they're the reason web forums exist :)

I don't think mine or Haruka's replies made you seem ignorant, nor do I think you ARE ignorant. I'm sorry if you took offense.
Image

Rayman Origins Progress: Electoons: 213/246 - Skull Teeth: 10/10 - Land of the Livid Dead Completed? Hell no.

sergiomonty
Antitoon
Posts: 3728
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:21 pm
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by sergiomonty » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:23 am

Rulez wrote:
sergiomonty wrote:someone forgot gromblox's tongue...
No, Globox doesn't always show it.
I checked every possible walkthrough and screenshot, he ALWAYS shows his tongue when his mouth is open.
That guy has a badoo account too. :lol: -Harpic fraîcheur

Sergaymonty~

Rayboxsiebid
Tribelle
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:55 am
Location: USA
Tings: 75

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by Rayboxsiebid » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:59 pm

sergiomonty wrote:
Rulez wrote:
sergiomonty wrote:someone forgot gromblox's tongue...
No, Globox doesn't always show it.
I checked every possible walkthrough and screenshot, he ALWAYS shows his tongue when his mouth is open.
We could redo it with his tounge open.
Rayman Legends essentially more gorgeous than Origins.

Haruka
Rayman 2
Posts: 26719
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:19 pm
Tings: 178780

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by Haruka » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:03 pm

I've beat the last king yesterday! (He was a shrimp afterall?! :lol:)

And I can say I'm in the first level of the Moody Clouds... holy CRAP. Ubisoft was not joking about the progressive difficulty level :boon:. I need a while to get the 350 Lums before continuing. I got 316 in the second time I've tried to play the level.

MasterHero
Ptizêtre du Feu
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:43 pm
Tings: 2395

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by MasterHero » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:16 pm

For those who want to know which parts of the soundtrack are from Billy Martin:
http://soundcloud.com/billy-martin-musi ... ns-sampler
(thats not all, you can imagine the rest)

Also the tetris level and music from the e3 2011 demo are cut, aren't they?

edit:
Another interview with Hearl about Rayman, Tintin and BGE. Not much new, but some intressting details can be found:
http://www.squareenixmusic.com/features ... eral.shtml

spiraldoor
Mr Dark
Posts: 12391
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:13 pm
Tings: 156595

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by spiraldoor » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:50 pm

MasterHero wrote:Another interview with Hearl about Rayman, Tintin and BGE. Not much new, but some intressting details can be found:
http://www.squareenixmusic.com/features ... eral.shtml
Héral says that Origins is set before the original game, and that it focuses on the origins of the character. His information must be out of date, as an awful lot of evidence points towards the game being a sequel, and it demonstrably does not focus on Rayman’s origins. I guess it’s expecting too much of a composer to know the intricacies of the series’s chronology.

Paradigm
Reclu
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:52 am
Tings: 683

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by Paradigm » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:29 am

MasterHero wrote:For those who want to know which parts of the soundtrack are from Billy Martin:
http://soundcloud.com/billy-martin-musi ... ns-sampler
(thats not all, you can imagine the rest)

Also the tetris level and music from the e3 2011 demo are cut, aren't they?

edit:
Another interview with Hearl about Rayman, Tintin and BGE. Not much new, but some intressting details can be found:
http://www.squareenixmusic.com/features ... eral.shtml
Think I definitely prefer Martin's music. It's a lot more true to the music from the original game, whereas the Heral stuff could be from any game.
sergiomonty wrote:Rayman won several new fans? Yes. He lost a lot of older fans? sadly, yes, because they're idiots.

Yeah, those retrofags who don't accept Rayman's change and say "NO WAY, I HATE RAYMAN NOW, HE'S A CHILDISH PERVERT, THE RABBIDS JUST RUINED HIM ADSFSAFA" or those who say "I would have prefered a serious 3d rayman game, like rayman 2 or 3, this game is just a crappy flashgame". I know tons of Rayman fans that left the franchise just for this, and believe me, they're missing an incredible gaming experience.
I lost interest in the franchise when the third game came out, so I definitely didn't want another 3D adventure, serious or not. I had played Rayman 2 and although it was a good game, I couldn't help but feel disappointed that it was so disconnected from the first game, both in terms of gameplay and story. Then Rayman 3 came out and I was again disappointed that it was 3D. I played the game once or twice but quickly lost interest. Obviously I had almost completely written off the Rayman games when the Rabbids entered the scene, but I'd already lost interest in the franchise by that point anyway.

But then they made this game, which is a real return to form. It's packed with characters and features that were present in the first game, it features the same 2D gameplay as the first game and some of the music is very similar to the first game. It's not as good as Rayman 1, but I never thought it would be. Rayman 1 was released during the early to mid 90s, which was a very special time for gaming and I doubt that will ever be replicated. Rayman 1 will always be the greatest, for this reason and many others.

I can't imagine why any sane person would want to leave the franchise now, of all times...
Last edited by Paradigm on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

HappyHaunter
Magicien Ptizetre
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:14 pm
Tings: 1565

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by HappyHaunter » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:11 am

So when the 3DS version of this game is released, is it possible that it might be the same exact port? Or does the 3DS not have enough technology for a game like this?

sergiomonty
Antitoon
Posts: 3728
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:21 pm
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by sergiomonty » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:47 am

Oh god, so many "electoony" users around here :beurk:
That guy has a badoo account too. :lol: -Harpic fraîcheur

Sergaymonty~

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Posts: 12553
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:36 pm
Location: Right here, right now!
Tings: 176605

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by Rayfist » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:52 am

sergiomonty wrote:Oh god, so many "electoony" users around here :beurk:
It's not really the biggest deal, I mean it really does kind of bother me how we got a shit ton of people joining because of the release of Rayman origins, but the only ones that TRULY bother me are the ones that say useless crap that we don't care about
(Example: "I'm so glad they got rid of the rabbids! Rayman is back, I AM SO EXCITED!")
I'm pretty sure we got a ton of useless shit like that when the early trailer for origins was released... yeesh.
Image
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

sergiomonty
Antitoon
Posts: 3728
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:21 pm
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by sergiomonty » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:42 am

Or those trolls who send stupid childish PM to other users, insulting them with no reason. I've got several messages like that this month ¬¬ yeah, from noobs (possibly the same one with different accounts.)
That guy has a badoo account too. :lol: -Harpic fraîcheur

Sergaymonty~

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Posts: 21905
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:55 pm
Tings: 5007

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by Adsolution » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:43 am

sergiomonty wrote:Or those trolls who send stupid childish PM to other users, insulting them with no reason. I've got several messages like that this month ¬¬ yeah, from noobs (possibly the same one with different accounts.)
Can I hear some? I could use a good laugh.

Rayman3DS
Garatta Ciatik
Posts: 1119
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 5:15 pm
Location: Land Of The Livid Dead (Denmark)
Contact:
Tings: 12320

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by Rayman3DS » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:08 pm

RayFan9876 wrote:
sergiomonty wrote:Or those trolls who send stupid childish PM to other users, insulting them with no reason. I've got several messages like that this month ¬¬ yeah, from noobs (possibly the same one with different accounts.)
Can I hear some? I could use a good laugh.
Yeah show them sergio! :mryellow:
Image

sergiomonty
Antitoon
Posts: 3728
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:21 pm
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by sergiomonty » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:40 pm

I erased them all :oops2: remember the stupid kid who was always saying that the "zombie" chickens where in the desert level? well, he sent me a message saying "fuck you sergiofucky, go fuck yourself, you're gay, hahaha"

lol.
That guy has a badoo account too. :lol: -Harpic fraîcheur

Sergaymonty~

Haruka
Rayman 2
Posts: 26719
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:19 pm
Tings: 178780

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by Haruka » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:51 pm

Guys, I'm 4 Electoons away to get all of them. :P

But I already got my first Gold Trophy: "Dr. Lividstone I presume?" so I guess I was able to find every hidden Electoon cages of the game.

It is also missing to me one Skull Tooth and (I think) one Time Trial Trophy.

"Riding the Storm" is without any doubts the hardest level of the game that I've played so far. I did suffer in order to get the Lums Medal here. When I got it, I had 353 Lums and my arm was hurting as hell. Phew...

I hope I can finish the Moody Clouds today, for I can enter in the Land of the Livid Dead. Wish me luck.

Luckster
Chef Dragon
Posts: 3880
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:06 pm
Location: The Magician's Hat
Contact:
Tings: 17660

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by Luckster » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:27 pm

I don't know if it's lack of sleep or over-analysis...but you guys know how The Magician has an official name now, right?

I have a theory behind it...

MY mine was blown...but again, that could be from lack of sleep.
Image

spiraldoor
Mr Dark
Posts: 12391
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:13 pm
Tings: 156595

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by spiraldoor » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:42 pm

Now that I’ve played the game, I’m beginning to wonder why so many people jumped to the conclusion that [Mr Dark is the Magician, as there’s really no indication that this is the case. Mr Dark is referenced only twice in the game – first when the Bubble Dreamer addresses Dark Rayman, and then again when we see his name on the Magician’s poster. I noticed that the manual seems to contain an updated version of the information on the official site – all mention of Soldiers, piranhas and Mr Dark has been removed. Between this, the script and the posters, I’m almost completely convinced that the Magician is an admirer of Mr Dark, and not Mr Dark himself.]

Luckster
Chef Dragon
Posts: 3880
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:06 pm
Location: The Magician's Hat
Contact:
Tings: 17660

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by Luckster » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:51 pm

spiraldoor wrote:Now that I’ve played the game, I’m beginning to wonder why so many people jumped to the conclusion that [Mr Dark is the Magician, as there’s really no indication that this is the case. Mr Dark is referenced only twice in the game – first when the Bubble Dreamer addresses Dark Rayman, and then again when we see his name on the Magician’s poster. I noticed that the manual seems to contain an updated version of the information on the official site – all mention of Soldiers, piranhas and Mr Dark has been removed. Between this, the script and the posters, I’m almost completely convinced that the Magician is an admirer of Mr Dark, and not Mr Dark himself.]
Must...resist...FANFICTION!!!!
Image

Spanex
Électoon
Posts: 3464
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: THE ABYSS
Contact:
Tings: 0

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by Spanex » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:47 pm

I beat the Luscious Lakes' Tricky Treasure! Man it was such a pain. 8 skull teeth down, 2 to go.

Now trying to do the Risky Ruins one. It seems to be a more forgiving level but I haven't beaten it yet.
Image

Post Reply