Rayman Origins

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Which version is your favourite?

PS3
19%
Xbox 360
14%
Wii
16%
PC
43%
PSVita
6%
3DS
2%

Total votes: 124

Droolie
Oumbr
Tings: 59300

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by Droolie »

So I just finished Rayman Origins. I'm late, I know. But I had and still have a lot of work for university.
Anyway, it was good. The Land of the Livid Dead was a nice challenge (especially the fire part), although I found some of the Tricky Treasures much harder. The livid boss was well done, but the other bosses should have been more original, more memorable like the ones in the first game. I don't even remember the bosses from the underwater worlds. The main enemy (Teensoudini) should have had a final boss fight, instead of a disappointing Moskito chase.
The story was also really bad. I wish they had kept the script as it was.
The music should have been better but I suppose it fits the game's overall crazy atmosphere (which I still don't really like).
I didn't like that the controls felt a bit too slippery at times (especially in the ice levels, but even though that's intended, they shouldn't have gone THAT far)
The credits are painfully slow and the fact that you can DIE in them makes it facepalm-worthy.

Anyway, on to the good points.
I enjoyed the Tricky Treasures most. Especially the Tricky Temple and Tricky Temple Too ones, they had a special atmosphere that I really liked.
If you do everything right in a Tricky Treasure level, it feels like you're watching a dance. That's very nice.
I also liked the level in the dragon chef's belly. Probably because it had the most epic music in the game, followed by "Chasing a Dream" from the Land of the Livid Dead.
The underwater worlds were my favourite worlds as the atmosphere was really nicely done there (but that isn't hard: underwater levels are ALWAYS beautiful).
The gameplay was good. Very challenging (and sometimes frustrating) sometimes, too. I believe this game challenged me more than Rayman 1 did.
I also liked the fact that it was a Rayman game. It was about time.

So yes, the game was more than good for a platformer but I really wish they'd go back to games like Rayman 2 and Rayman 3. :)
Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Drolpiraat wrote:So I just finished Rayman Origins. I'm late, I know. But I had and still have a lot of work for university.
Anyway, it was good. The Land of the Livid Dead was a nice challenge (especially the fire part), although I found some of the Tricky Treasures much harder. The livid boss was well done, but the other bosses should have been more original, more memorable like the ones in the first game. I don't even remember the bosses from the underwater worlds. The main enemy (Teensoudini) should have had a final boss fight, instead of a disappointing Moskito chase.
The story was also really bad. I wish they had kept the script as it was.
The music should have been better but I suppose it fits the game's overall crazy atmosphere (which I still don't really like).
I didn't like that the controls felt a bit too slippery at times (especially in the ice levels, but even though that's intended, they shouldn't have gone THAT far)
The credits are painfully slow and the fact that you can DIE in them makes it facepalm-worthy.

Anyway, on to the good points.
I enjoyed the Tricky Treasures most. Especially the Tricky Temple and Tricky Temple Too ones, they had a special atmosphere that I really liked.
If you do everything right in a Tricky Treasure level, it feels like you're watching a dance. That's very nice.
I also liked the level in the dragon chef's belly. Probably because it had the most epic music in the game, followed by "Chasing a Dream" from the Land of the Livid Dead.
The underwater worlds were my favourite worlds as the atmosphere was really nicely done there (but that isn't hard: underwater levels are ALWAYS beautiful).
The gameplay was good. Very challenging (and sometimes frustrating) sometimes, too. I believe this game challenged me more than Rayman 1 did.
I also liked the fact that it was a Rayman game. It was about time.

So yes, the game was more than good for a platformer but I really wish they'd go back to games like Rayman 2 and Rayman 3. :)
You know what Drolpiraat? I absolutely love your opinion, not that I 100% agree with it, but there were bits that I had to agree with 100%. And yes they will be going back to games like Rayman 2 and 3, I believe Michel said they will be making future 3D rayman games. However that still doesn't mean it would still have that "Rayman 2 or 3" feel to it, but we'll see what happens, for now we have the R3 HD remake coming very soon for us to enjoy! Replaying that will be amazing. Honestly I loved Origins (definetly not as much as 1,2, or 3) however I did find it upsettingly a bit short, kind of wished they had a harder difficulty. But when I beat the game I found myself coming back to it much, as its quite fun to replay!
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

One of the things it disappoints me most in RO is precisely the lack of story in the game. I was really hoping for some more trivia about the Glade of Dreams and characters like Rayman, Globox, etc. But still, I did enjoy a lot the game. It was a quite satisfactory experience.
sergiomonty
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by sergiomonty »

I loved Rayman Origins, but... I NEED MORE LEVELS!!!! MORE!!! MOOOORE!!!! THIS CAN'T END HERE!!! MORE UNLOCKABLES!!! MORE CHARACTERS!!! I WANNA UNLOCK THE SCRIPT!!! MORE!! :cry: I wanna kill the Magician with my own limbless hands!! :cry: .... in resumen, Rayman Origins is like cocaine.
That guy has a badoo account too. :lol: -Harpic fraîcheur

Sergaymonty~
BarkingChaos
Électoon

Post by BarkingChaos »

Electoon wrote:First My Little Pony, then Earthworm Jim and now Sonic the Hedgehog? What is going on here? :wink:

So, has anyone heard anything else about these alleged 'relics'? The only information I can find online is from descriptions and reviews of the Vita game. It's a shame there aren't a large abundance of Rayman fans in America to show us stuff :P
I'm in the US and the Vita has not been released here yet

EDIT: Except for a limited edition bundle apparently. But the actual system alone is not out yet. No marketing for it or anything. Its strange
HappyHaunter
Magicien Ptizetre
Tings: 1565

Post by HappyHaunter »

Yeah marketing for the Vita stinks alright. I went to Wal-Mart and they had the games and accessories out on the shelves already but the system was no where in sight. There was no release date plastered anywhere either so I figured it was already out and the systems were sold out.
Raymansgirl22
Ptizêtre Gothique
Tings: 1315

Post by Raymansgirl22 »

sergiomonty wrote:I loved Rayman Origins, but... I NEED MORE LEVELS!!!! MORE!!! MOOOORE!!!! THIS CAN'T END HERE!!! MORE UNLOCKABLES!!! MORE CHARACTERS!!! I WANNA UNLOCK THE SCRIPT!!! MORE!! :cry: I wanna kill the Magician with my own limbless hands!! :cry: .... in resumen, Rayman Origins is like cocaine.
Rayman is my cocaine...for reals too! I feel like beating the game again now. :P
I LOVE YOU RAYMAN
I WILL BE YOUR GIRL FOREVER.
You're in my heart for the rest of time! <333
Raymancollecter
Poisson Trident
Tings: 375

Post by Raymancollecter »

Hey Guys, Sorry if it's already been posted but did you guys watch the PS Vita trailer? IF so, what were your thoughts? I thought the relics looked abit strange, but atleast it showed us what they unlock!

(For anyone that didn't watch it and wants to see the relics, ghost mode etc... Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vKCmeye ... re=related )
Rayman 1 > Rayman 3 > Rayman 2 > Rayman Origins > Rayman Legends
Rayrobi
Clark
Tings: 115235

Post by Rayrobi »

Man, the new features are great! Why i can't have a PSV?
ikke471
Antitoon
Location: Who knows? Did you check your closet? I would If I were you...

Post by ikke471 »

Raymancollecter wrote:Hey Guys, Sorry if it's already been posted but did you guys watch the PS Vita trailer? IF so, what were your thoughts? I thought the relics looked abit strange, but atleast it showed us what they unlock!

(For anyone that didn't watch it and wants to see the relics, ghost mode etc... Here's the link:
I hope the 3ds version will have these things too if not... I will freak out
sergiomonty
Antitoon

Post by sergiomonty »

Wut? the relics are basically an adaptation to the artbook ._. oh well. I'm glad I have my home console version now :mryellow:

EDIT: This guy shows us a demo of the psvita version of Rayman Origins. Sadly, he's so annoying that I just can't watch the god damn video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy5lDxQ4 ... creen&NR=1

Sergaymonty~
spiraldoor
Mr Dark
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

sergiomonty wrote:Wut? the relics are basically an adaptation to the artbook ._. oh well.
How do you know? You’ve only seen one of the mosaics. Didn’t they say there were also going to be videos?
Cairnie
Bétilla
Tings: 81465

Post by Cairnie »

It could be anything for all we know.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
spiraldoor
Mr Dark
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

It was clear that one of the Relic mosaics was going to be the story of how Globox became blue, because that’s the piece of backstory that we’ve heard most frequently. The creation of Rayman by Betilla is definitely in there in some form, and probably a few things that we haven’t actually seen before.
sergiomonty
Antitoon

Post by sergiomonty »

spiraldoor wrote:
sergiomonty wrote:Wut? the relics are basically an adaptation to the artbook ._. oh well.
How do you know? You’ve only seen one of the mosaics. Didn’t they say there were also going to be videos?
I remember I read that a long time ago in an interview about the home console version. I won't believe anything until I see it.

Sergaymonty~
Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

spiraldoor wrote:
I have the same question. Globox's skin colour change fact is shown, ok. Does this means it is an entire artbook adaptation? No. We don't know at all. It doesn't mean anything.
El Dango
Clark
Tings: 105675

Post by El Dango »

Raymancollecter wrote:Hey Guys, Sorry if it's already been posted but did you guys watch the PS Vita trailer? IF so, what were your thoughts? I thought the relics looked abit strange, but atleast it showed us what they unlock!

Ah, the relics are hidden in the background, and you have to tap them with your finger to collect them. That's actually pretty clever, and a good use of the touch screen. :)
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))
Rayrobi
Clark
Tings: 115235

Post by Rayrobi »

El Dango wrote:

Ah, the relics are hidden in the background, and you have to tap them with your finger to collect them. That's actually pretty clever, and a good use of the touch screen. :)
That is. They just looking a bit odd for the relic name, but they're really not bad. I'm so curious about the other relic locations! :P
Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

The new relic feature looks like it will be a good challenge, but I think the new multiplayer challenge mode is what will make it fully worth it!
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
ikke471
Antitoon
Location: Who knows? Did you check your closet? I would If I were you...

Post by ikke471 »

Rayfist090 wrote:The new relic feature looks like it will be a good challenge, but I think the new multiplayer challenge mode is what will make it fully worth it!
PSVita doesn't have multiplayer :|