Rayman Origins

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which version is your favourite?

PS3
17%
Xbox 360
16%
Wii
16%
PC
43%
PSVita
7%
3DS
2%

Total votes: 167

El Dango
Aline Louïa
Tings: 105675

Re: E3 brings us.....more Rabbids AND Rayman!?

Post by El Dango »

The only things I really dislike are the character designs and Rayman's portrayal as a moron. I do like how they bring back stuff like fairies, lums and teensies back. And of course Globox.
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by spiraldoor »

Tulio wrote:Only 1 thing is strange - from official lore Rayman's origins aren't known(he was found on a beach by fishers, right?), so I guess something has changed here...
Rayman might get lost at sea at the end of the game, or shortly afterwards. I don't see any major continuity problems yet.

Can someone please merge the other thread into this one?
Spanex
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by Spanex »

Hey, this one didn't work yet for me.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/comdevs/yaid ... ns_001.jpg

Take a good look: Rayman is winding up his fist!
Matyuv
Gangsta Globox
Tings: 54431

Post by Matyuv »

spiraldoor wrote: Can someone please merge the other thread into this one?
Yep here we go.
I think we also need an announcement about this on the portal and in the news section at RayWiki.
MandM81 wrote:YYYYYYYRRRHLHLPYYYYYYPDPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYRRRRRR
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

I'm on it! ;D
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

Maybe Rayman lost all his powers when Mr Dark stole the Great Protoon and disrupted the natural balance. It would explain how he could receive them from Betilla when he already seems to have had them from the moment of his creation, and it wouldn't be too unlikely as the same thing happened when the Robo-Pirates destroyed the Heart of the World, which is probably the Great Protoon anyway. And Samus loses all her powers and weapons at the beginning of each new Metroid game with no explanation whatsoever, so yeah.

I still need to write that Rayman Bowling article.
Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex »

Or maybe Ubisoft just doesn't think about what happened in the previous games. :P

To me, it just looks like a reboot really. I'm glad Michel is working on it. And I'm starting to like the idea of using real, actual art into the game right away, rather than pixeling it out or "3D-ing" it. It brings out this artistic feel. Ubiart may just be the start of a new wonderful gaming experience, especially made for those who have an eye for the fine details, like many of us here.

I mean, I could easily imagine myself playing this game, sitting hours on gazing at the background....

...Rayman: I'm waiting over here!! D8<

Oh, right! *continues playing*
Henchman1028
Céloche
Tings: 7626

Post by Henchman1028 »

Tulio wrote:Image
I haven't seen more weird Ray's character concept before... And I like it! :D
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :waaahhh:
MLII
Carmen
Tings: 43075

Post by MLII »

Is...that an ear? O_e

Anyway, yeah. It looks kinda...well, it's not what i was expecting. But still it's a rayman game, it has Globox and possibly Betilla in it so...
Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex »

Nah, that's an eye! XD
MLII
Carmen
Tings: 43075

Post by MLII »

-tilts head- Oh, I see now.

This is freaking messed uuppp XD
Xenon
Pirate Lunette
Tings: 98896

Post by Xenon »

This is a kick in the teeth for me after expressing my cynicism of another true Rayman game being released. I'll have to admit I'm not so keen on the fact that it's 2D and I don't particularly like its sketchbook-style visuals. Having said that the scenery looks very good and I love the way they've kept some classic environments from previous Rayman games.

I'm not sure if I will personally buy this game (simply because I rather lost interest in Rayman), but this sure is fantastic news for the Rayman fandom. :D
Joshua822
Estellia
Tings: 21010

Post by Joshua822 »

To me, it just looks like a reboot really. I'm glad Michel is working on it. And I'm starting to like the idea of using real, actual art into the game right away, rather than pixeling it out or "3D-ing" it. It brings out this artistic feel. Ubiart may just be the start of a new wonderful gaming experience, especially made for those who have an eye for the fine details, like many of us here.
A big +1 too that. I think that because of this artist will see their ideas truly brought to live, they'll see the exact characters they drew in their sketchbooks walking around the screen, instead of edited versions. I hope Ubisoft will release their tools for doing this as well. Since it will make life a lot easier for the bed room game maker hobbyist. ( This has been done before, by the way, Blender for example started life as a in-house production tool for Neo-Geo, but we're going to go seriously off-topic if we aren't careful :P )
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

Ubisoft wrote:Yes, in the beginning Rayman was more into handing out free slaps than into world saving. Strangely enough it is this very eventful story we are interested in: how did this uncontrollable individual and his grotesque companion become the heroes that we know?
This statement confirms that Rayman Origins is a prequel and not a reboot.
Henchman1028
Céloche
Tings: 7626

Post by Henchman1028 »

Sabertooth1000000000 wrote:
Luckster wrote: I can't wait for them to announce that it will only be available in Europe and Japan. There's no way this is as bad as it gets.
Yes, lets watch the yankees squirm! :twisted: (I really do hate them, though, their attitudes and thinking that their country is the best and all others suck, and causing games to not be released in Europe...)
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Henchman1028 wrote:
Luckster wrote: I can't wait for them to announce that it will only be available in Europe and Japan. There's no way this is as bad as it gets.
Yes, lets watch the yankees squirm! :twisted: (I really do hate them, though, their attitudes and thinking that their country is the best and all others suck, and causing games to not be released in Europe...)
Well considering Ubisoft is located in France, I see exactly your point.
Jake360
Créature
Tings: 320

Post by Jake360 »

But to announce it at E3... in AMERICA i don't see the problem. And even if it is only released in Europe just make a US account and you'll still be able to download it.

Made by ME!!! :D
Sabertooth
Magicien
Tings: 53365

Post by Sabertooth »

Jake360 wrote:But to announce it at E3... in AMERICA i don't see the problem. And even if it is only released in Europe just make a US account and you'll still be able to download it.
I really have no idea why people are taking into conversation something I jokingly said last night when I was angry. I highly doubt that this will only be released in Europe- has Ubisoft ever even done that? Not with Rayman, anyway.
BestXIII wrote:The knaarens are very big shitass! :grrrrrr:
Jake360
Créature
Tings: 320

Post by Jake360 »

Jake360 wrote:But to announce it at E3... in AMERICA i don't see the problem. And even if it is only released in Europe just make a US account and you'll still be able to download it.
I really have no idea why people are taking into conversation something I jokingly said last night when I was angry. I highly doubt that this will only be released in Europe- has Ubisoft ever even done that? Not with Rayman, anyway.
I don't think so. I just don't know why people are making such a fuss lol. But in saying that, Rayman 2 DLC is only in America.

Made by ME!!! :D
Bloodgrey
Moussu
Tings: 1165

Post by Bloodgrey »

Seriously I 'm dissapointed... by the community.
I agreed whoever said that some of you are just starting to shape like as the Sonic fans. Other's are doing well.
Fine, we where threated poorly by Ubisoft for the past years, but now here's a new game, for us, true fans, it's 2D (that's an advantage, the best Rayman game was 2D, and it was fine this way), it's drawn (3d modelling will never have as much character and soul as original drawings, never), it has a detailed style (by environment and by characters, sure there are some strange positions, buth heck, it's the poses for getting slaped and injured), it's about Rayman's origin (a really interesting thing) so it's basically the perfect game for a fan.

And I told this previously so I don't know why you didn't notice and tought about, also it was told officialy, Rayman just born,he's has to learn his methods and ways, and the story will be about that, as you see, the end of trailer already predicts that the two of the characters will be just torn appart from each other and probbably Globox will be kept as hostage, and just thinking about it, this is the best way to Rayman to learn taking responsibility for his friends and actions, and shaping up to be the hero who we love, you know, character development, it's an amazing thing so get over it.
Also about those tiny details you are worrying about to be changed. Fuck them. all the games had changes, it's not an alternate game nay, it's a link between R1 and R2 even if it's situated before them, you just have to get over these things, eventually neither your picture of Rayman as a hero, neither the whole Rayman universum won't fall to peaces by these changes. Just get over those and enjoy the game.
Last edited by Bloodgrey on Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.