Divulgations about Rayman

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Re: Divulgations about Rayman

Post by Keane »

I made those comparisons myself earlier. 8)

Somehow Mario Galaxy gets me a bit more excited, but that's because I play Rayman 1 way too much, and I need a break.

You know what? :fuck2: em' all. I play what I want, whether this is the most kiddy game in the world of the most hardcore shooter.
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Electoon wrote: There was this one time where my maths teacher randomly brought up RRR though, it was funny, but I think I was the only one in the class to get it, everyone else just blanked out :)
Odd, I remember my Maths teacher saying something about TV Party back when I was in Year 8

I used to be Crazy about Rayman back in my primary school days, I was also obsessed with technology, I.T was my favourite lesson, whenever we did Spreadsheets, I used to do them on Rayman Characters and their powers.

Nowadays, though, I can only talk about Rayman with some of my friends, those who liked platformers from the 90's like Crash, I remember talking to a "Cod-a-holic" once about Rayman, he said the games were rubbish, he said he'd played the first game and it was easy, I asked him how far he played, he said, until the third part of the forest area. I guarantee if he played Bongo Hills he would have destroyed his TV
TeensieKing
Carnivora
Tings: 12809

Post by TeensieKing »

Haruka wrote:
TeensieKing wrote: I can't get passed Bongo Hills :( I can't pass the part when it's night and there are many things that shoot rays at you
Which version are you playing?
Thank you.I'm playing the PSX version on my emulator.I'll watch later,I have to go tp the church now xD
TeensieKing
Carnivora

Post by TeensieKing »

Master4lyf1 wrote:Nowadays, though, I can only talk about Rayman with some of my friends, those who liked platformers from the 90's like Crash, I remember talking to a "Cod-a-holic" once about Rayman, he said the games were rubbish, he said he'd played the first game and it was easy, I asked him how far he played, he said, until the third part of the forest area. I guarantee if he played Bongo Hills he would have destroyed his TV
Ah,that's one of those idiots who play a few levels and say it's easy.Fuck,he didn't even let the fun begin! I'm almost sure he played and stopped to play because he didn't want to loose because he noticed that was too difficult for him xD
I love 90s platformers too,I loved Crash back then,but now if bull shit hhahaha now I at least will have Rayman back :D
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

It's funny to learn about Ubisoft that very few people in the world menaged to master Rayman 1. Then you can imagine how even smaller must be for Rayman Designer's Official 24 Levels. It is like playing Super Mario Brothers: The Lost Levels after playing Super Mario Brothers.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Tell me about it, though I will be honest, I still to this very day use the Up, Down, Right, Left continue cheat, when I saw Haruka's Gameplays for the first time, I was amazed at how someone was actually able to play the whole game, and not run out of legit continues.
I think I worshipped Haruka for a while after that. :oops:
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

I appreciate your comment. :)

To tell the truth, the earlier years I've played Rayman 1 I've also had my frustration moments, and I reached a moment that I spent every Continue and went Game Over. I only mastered the game 2 years ago when I returned back to Rayman's games in early 2008 and started to exploring them better. Nowadays it is difficult for me to get the Continue screen.

But there's a problem around this: since the majority of the players find the game difficult, some of the players that contacted me via YouTube accused me for cheating only because I had a great number of lives in the up-left corner. The same happened with Captain Claw because I had plenty of Magic Claws, when actually all what I've done since the beginning was just to collect them, not using them and saving them for later levels. I think the problem of these people is the lazyness of not watching my walkthroughs since the beginning and watch every move I do, and speculating "the obvious" before certifying if what they are saying is true or not. Knowing that I'm not a cheater (and I hate cheaters, aswell I do not like to cheat; and the only times I cheat is just for personal experiments and never to "make gameplays easier to perform") I guess I should take these nonsense comments as a compliment, afterall it appears I play really well.

Now reminding Rayman Origins, Ubisoft confirmed in early interviews that it will be hard to master the game. I confess I'll feel nervous when I start to play the game, but I'll also feel excited at the same time. :)
Mr. Dark Thingamajig
El Stomacho
Tings: 24320

Post by Mr. Dark Thingamajig »

Master4lyf1 wrote:Tell me about it, though I will be honest, I still to this very day use the Up, Down, Right, Left continue cheat, when I saw Haruka's Gameplays for the first time, I was amazed at how someone was actually able to play the whole game, and not run out of legit continues.
I think I worshipped Haruka for a while after that. :oops:
why do you use cheats, just play the first level over and over till you get 99 lives
Off with their heads!
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Mr. Dark Thingamajig wrote: why do you use cheats, just play the first level over and over till you get 99 lives
:lol: It is easier and less boring playing the game carefuly since the beginning.
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

Haruka wrote:
Mr. Dark Thingamajig wrote: why do you use cheats, just play the first level over and over till you get 99 lives
:lol: It is easier and less boring playing the game carefuly since the beginning.
Y'know Haruka, we play with smiliar ways, as in you hate to use cheats for gameplay etc.
In fact, the only difference is that... you play well. :(
TeensieKing
Carnivora

Post by TeensieKing »

Rulez wrote:
Haruka wrote:
Y'know Haruka, we play with smiliar ways, as in you hate to use cheats for gameplay etc.
In fact, the only difference is that... you play well. :(
Yes.And as I can't play well this game,then I had to use the cheat to get 10 continues,because I couldn't finish without it :( I passed Bongo Hills,now I'm in the first level of Blue Mountains
Keane
André

Post by Keane »

Well, I did beat Rayman 1 for the DSi, which I don't believe has any cheats, and I didn't use any. The thing that makes this game harder is that you get a list of accomplishments which includes ''Play through the game without using any continues''. Well, I made it to Eat At Joe's, where I got so messed up about playing the level over and over again that I used 8 continues. I'm almost done playing it again, this time passing this level without continues. All I need are the cages and the last level. I wonder if you will receive something special for getting each thing done on the to-do list.

However, I did use a website with cage locations, as well as I played through Allergo Presto a couple of times.

Nobody ever told me my games were easy, but they can't really. Some guys I know always play the first multiplayer stage on Call of Duty because the other one's are too hard. :confus:

I think I can't really call myself the master of Rayman 1 until I beat a harder version. But i'm currently playing the PC version, which is pretty challenging.
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
TeensieKing
Carnivora

Post by TeensieKing »

I'm playing the PSX version,and I've seen I lost a lot of ability! When I was little I was pretty good at this game,but now I can't even beat the first level in the Blue Mountains with the 10 continues cheat,and back then I got to Mr Stone without the cheat!
Keane
André

Post by Keane »

TeensieKing wrote:I'm playing the PSX version,and I've seen I lost a lot of ability! When I was little I was pretty good at this game,but now I can't even beat the first level in the Blue Mountains with the 10 continues cheat,and back then I got to Mr Stone without the cheat!
That's illegal for a Rayman fan. O:

TeensieKing
Carnivora

Post by TeensieKing »

RayTunes wrote:
TeensieKing wrote:I'm playing the PSX version,and I've seen I lost a lot of ability! When I was little I was pretty good at this game,but now I can't even beat the first level in the Blue Mountains with the 10 continues cheat,and back then I got to Mr Stone without the cheat!
I know,it's just to beat it for the first time,because it's impossible to me otherwise.I'll try with no cheat later
Mr. Dark Thingamajig
El Stomacho
Tings: 24320

Post by Mr. Dark Thingamajig »

TeensieKing wrote:
RayTunes wrote:
I know,it's just to beat it for the first time,because it's impossible to me otherwise.I'll try with no cheat later
the first time you never should use cheats, if you beat the game, you get permission
Off with their heads!
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Mr. Dark Thingamajig wrote: the first time you never should use cheats, if you beat the game, you get permission
Well said. :proud:
TeensieKing
Carnivora

Post by TeensieKing »

Haruka wrote:
Mr. Dark Thingamajig wrote: the first time you never should use cheats, if you beat the game, you get permission
Well said. :proud:
I'll tell you the situation: I can't beat the game with no cheats because it's too difficult and I've lost a lot of ability in those years.
The idea is to pass the game with infinite continues so I can practice and adapt to the difficulty.Once I'm done I'll try with no cheats.I was affraid to use all my continues and have to start from the first level,and I didn't want to loose my savegame...
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Well, like that it works.
TeensieKing
Carnivora

Post by TeensieKing »

Haruka wrote:Well, like that it works.
And if I lost all my continues,I'll have to start fro the first level of the game or from the last level I saved after?